Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

22 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Really now? What did he have to say?

I remembered he talked about Forces having good concept, but flawed executions and relating that back to Last Jedi.

On 3/11/2018 at 9:52 AM, VEDJ-F said:

Oh yes, they bloody well did. Same talking points about what Tails did before that moment and everything. 

On 3/11/2018 at 2:03 PM, DabigRG said:

Not until after Forces came out. Then some people did like they did with Colors and retroactively complained/denouced it.

On 3/11/2018 at 9:49 AM, Diogenes said:

Pretty sure I remember some people complaining about that...

On 3/11/2018 at 6:12 PM, LongcrierCat said:

Didn't Tails fight off a ton of Artificial Chaos on the Space Colony Ark, though? Sure he was in a mech but he one shot a ton of the things and grew up a ton. 

Okay, well maybe I either forgot or didn’t see any personally, cuz the most I remember regarding complaint on Tails in Unleashed was that Chip somehow replaced him, not him running from Dark Gaia minions.

Still pales in comparison to the absolute firestorm towards his characterization of him cowering against Chaos 0.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

I remembered he talked about Forces having good concept, but flawed executions and relating that back to Last Jedi.

Yeah, it's worth mentioning that he was asked specifically about Eclipse as a character. As for Last Jedi, he primarily didn't like that it ticks a lot of the same beats Empire Strikes Back did.

As much as I love new characters, I'm happy they won't cram 10 new characters per issue like in Archie post-reboot, because they couldnt all have the development they nedded.

21 hours ago, Cuz said:

Yeah, it's worth mentioning that he was asked specifically about Eclipse as a character. As for Last Jedi, he primarily didn't like that it ticks a lot of the same beats Empire Strikes Back did.

Eclipse?

4 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

As much as I love new characters, I'm happy they won't cram 10 new characters per issue like in Archie post-reboot, because they couldnt all have the development they nedded.

Admittedly, that's kinda why I'm still holding off on giving Tangle herself any solid thoughts.

34 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Eclipse?

Admittedly, that's kinda why I'm still holding off on giving Tangle herself any solid thoughts.

Eclipse the darkling

Oh, man... where is my head, Infinite (thus Sonic Forces). I don't know why... but I get those two so mixed up I thought they had the same name. :upside_down:

While pacing back and forth, a thought occured to me: What exactly is the first issue supposed to be about again?

22 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Eclipse the darkling

16 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Oh, man... where is my head, Infinite (thus Sonic Forces). I don't know why... but I get those two so mixed up I thought they had the same name. :upside_down:

I wasn't aware either were Star Wars characters.

28 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

While pacing back and forth, a thought occurred to me: What exactly is the first issue supposed to be about again?

Apparently it's Sonic cleaning Eggman's mess after their last battle, meeting friends old and new along the way.

41 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Apparently it's Sonic cleaning Eggman's mess after their last battle, meeting friends old and new along the way.

That sounds more like the entire beginning arc [afterwards] rather than the first issue itself.

Wasn't Something along the lines of Sonic save random village #1 from the Forces fallout, and teaming up with Tails to get the job done.

10 hours ago, DabigRG said:

While pacing back and forth, a thought occured to me: What exactly is the first issue supposed to be about again?

I wasn't aware either were Star Wars characters.

Infinite is somewhat of a Vader, so he kinda is.

• Chuckle 1

16 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Infinite is somewhat of a Vader, so he kinda is.

To me, he's more of a Kylo Ren; a Vader wannabe. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

8 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Wasn't Something along the lines of Sonic save random village #1 from the Forces fallout, and teaming up with Tails to get the job done.

You know what, fudgit; I'm just gonna look it up.

EDIT: Okay, here we go:

Spoiler

Cover RI-A

SONIC'S RACING INTO A NEW ADVENTURE! After defeating the evil Dr. Eggman's latest plot, Sonic is racing around the world to shut down the robotic Badnik forces that are still attacking villages. But it's a big job for one hedgehog—even Sonic! Fortunately, he'll have some help from his best friend: Tails![2]

329?cb=20180123192249

Sonic’s new adventure continues, and when he comes across another town in need of saving, his old pal Amy arrives just in time to join the fight! The banter is fun, and the stakes are high, but things get really serious when Amy presents Sonic with a big request: rejoin the Resistance![2]

329?cb=20180312215311

Sonic and Knuckles team up, and it’s just like old times—until two new villains show up. With a group of villagers under attack, will even the combined forces of these two heroes be enough to take down Rough and Tumble???[2]

IDW Sonic 4 Raw

Sonic comes across a town under attack from the biggest Badnik force he’s ever seen. Luckily, help is on the way from his old friend Blaze, as well as a new hero! Get ready for the debut of Tangle![2]

Huh. Whaddya know, he was right.

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

To me, he's more of a Kylo Ren; a Vader wannabe. 

Ch'yeah, pretty much. :lol: 

While I'm still on the page, here's that Chronology of IDW Sonic news I asked for a while back:

July 21 2017-Series is announced

August 3 2017-First official creative summit(?)

October 5 2017-More information given at New York Comic Con 2017, including Promotial flyers

October 8 2017-Ian Flynn confirmed as lead writer 

January 11 2018-IDW Sonic Comics Squad opened on Facebook

January 16 2018-Tracy Yardley! joins the team

January 25 2018-New character teased

January 29 2018-Solicits for first four issues revealed

February 15 2018-Game Informer interview

February 21 2018-Pre-orders for book opened and more returning artists are confirmed, including Matt Herms;  Facebook Q&A

What are elements you want and  don't want to see in the comic?

I don't want:

-I don't want to see phantom ruby take the place of the chaos emerlads.

-An overpowered Infinite.

-No new game adaptations, just elements (like the new characters, new gimmicks...)

I want:

-AoSTH characters if possible.

-Chao here and there.

-Extreme gears as transportation in long distances.

Not sure if I want or not:

-SaTAM characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

Do y'all think that Mighty and Ray have a shot in the comics now that they're showing up in Mania Plus?

46 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Do y'all think that Mighty and Ray have a shot in the comics now that they're showing up in Mania Plus?

12 minutes ago, NikoS said:

I think they would already be in the comics anyway don't they?

They were on the list of Character that can be expected to show up within the first two years, yes.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I'm pretty sure Mighty & Ray will be back. I just wonder about their personalities. WIll Flynn has to change them? Will Mania give them new personalities? I guess time will tell.

• Nice Smile 1

Well Fang/Nack and crew showed up as the Hooligans in Mania. They didn't have any connection before besides all being in the same fighting game. Bean and Bark weren't even implied to be "bad" in the game either.

Now we have Mighty & Ray making a come back, and Ray even has his shoe design from the comics..personally I'm assuming they will work with the comic personalities, especially since they seemed to do so with the Hooligans.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

30 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I'm pretty sure Mighty & Ray will be back. I just wonder about their personalities. WIll Flynn has to change them? Will Mania give them new personalities? I guess time will tell.

Personally I'd like Ian to go into Mighty's pacifism that the Knuckles Chaotix manual stated.  His reboot incarnation was nice and all, but the whole temper problem he had felt too cliché.

sxsw18.png

The colored version of one of the variants for Issue 1, done by Tyson Heese.

Hoping for a better quality version soon!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

6 hours ago, Tenko said:

Well Fang/Nack and crew showed up as the Hooligans in Mania. They didn't have any connection before besides all being in the same fighting game. Bean and Bark weren't even implied to be "bad" in the game either.

Now we have Mighty & Ray making a come back, and Ray even has his shoe design from the comics..personally I'm assuming they will work with the comic personalities, especially since they seemed to do so with the Hooligans.

I need to see this.

5 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

Personally I'd like Ian to go into Mighty's pacifism that the Knuckles Chaotix manual stated.  His reboot incarnation was nice and all, but the whole temper problem he had felt too cliché.

I think he was primarily trying to imply offscreen character development there and "spice up" Mighty in the process. 

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1