Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

8 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Sorry, real quick question:

Hide contents

what's the Eggman mech on the bottom right of the first page?

Spoiler

It's the death egg robot

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for the double post, but, i managed to see more of the issue (not to say all of it) and...

Spoiler

OMG they say "Super Badniks", I LOVE THIS!!

Also, very cool story, basic stuff, what's expected from an introduction story, nice to see Tails fighting alongside Sonic, and the art needs no introduction, Yardley and Herms killing it as always. (and i noted that Amash is back on the inking too, nice.)

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Sorry for the double post, but, i managed to see more of the issue (not to say all of it) and...

Hide contents

Also, very cool story, basic stuff, what's expected from an introduction story, nice to see Tails fighting alongside Sonic, and the art needs no introduction, Yardley and Herms killing it as always. (and i noted that Amash is back on the inking too, nice.)

Spoiler

Yeah, I loved how Tails was helping Sonic defeat these huge Egg Hammers!

I can't wait for the upcoming issues!

Spoiler

Also they tease the 2nd issue with Amy "Can love hammer it out in the battlefield?"

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Here is a great page scan I found, minor spoiler:

Hide contents

9SSpJcv.jpg

Ah, the Super 69 Attack, everyone's favorite move lives on!

• Way Past Cool 2

13 minutes ago, Razule said:

Ah, the Super 69 Attack, everyone's favorite move lives on!

Never in my life would I think about that until you said it -_-! Spares us these dirty thoughts! I didn't need that. You must spend a lot of time on rule34...

1 hour ago, NikoS said:

Hide contents

Where did you see it?

6 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Are there any other references to the past besides that first page?

Yes

Major spoilers:

Spoiler

-Tails alludes to Sonic's defeat in Sonic Forces and how he doesnt want that to happen again.

-A panel shows the final battle location in flashback of Sonic Forces.

-Eggman wants the resistance to know Sonic's new exploits so he can crush them at the same time in the same  place.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Yes

Major spoilers:

Hide contents

-Tails alludes to Sonic's defeat in Sonic Forces and how he doesnt want that to happen again.

-A panel shows the final battle location in flashback of Sonic Forces.

-Eggman wants the resistance to know Sonic's new exploits so he can crush them at the same time in the same  place.

Where have you found these?

9 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Never in my life would I think about that until you said it -_-! Spares us these dirty thoughts! I didn't need that. You must spend a lot of time on rule34...

It was a popular thing to call it back in the day

How could anyone forget the memes?

• Nice Smile 1

And so it has been leaked.

I liked this surprisingly a lot more than I expected even without the FF and Egg Bosses. I still want them back the first chance they get...and no, I’m not gonna stop demanding it.:P

But still. Tails still showing some guts and independence. Badniks still a threat. Eggman showing some competence and menace even in the background.

I don’t know if this’ll give me the same attachment I hd with Archie Sonic, but still...thanks for proving me wrong again Ian. (For now, at least—I’m still a bit irked that Two Worlds is somewhat a thing here now, but gotta see how the rest come out. But I trust ya!);)

Edit: fixed for possible spoiler

Edited by Conquering Storm's Servant
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

What a good first issue. It was basically what I expected, but better. A simple first introduction with something promising to come. Everything was on point. The of course for me the highlight was the team of Sonic and Tails, as well as a good reason for why he is staying behind for now.

Oh and Tails.....Welcome back. It's been so long since ya left. I don't know who has been taking your place these last several years, but I'm glad my real favourite fox is back doing as he should. It just....

It just...

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

1st Issue is perfect.

Spoiler

Who do you think is controlling Eggman's Empire? My current guess is Infinite although I think the hint is that it's someone from Sonic's past.

I honestly don't know how I felt about this issue. It was...kinda pedestrian, not an issue I'd remember in a hurry. Countdown to Chaos had a similar set-up, but the memory plot kinda worked to its advantage in terms of memorability because you had such things as Naugus basically flinging himself out a window, Sonic being utterly confused at his place in time and space and the start of Eggman's trek. This doesn't really have a hook.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Spoiler

It's probably Eggman, with the master plan, and he'll deceive everyone into thinking it's someone else, but he'll reveal himself near the end of the "first year story arc" and get a good chunk of Mobius (i'll call the planet Mobius forever :P) back under his control. that's my guess...

• Thumbs Up 2