Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

1 minute ago, Jack the Maniac said:

How many issues in did Fleetway manage to start grabbing your interest? I'm curious. And I didn't like this IDW issue either.

Issue 1.

If you want to know the plot, it's based off the Kintobor origin story, the Green Hill battle part. Only the cliffhanger ends where Sonic's friends tell him that they're worried about Tails as they've not seen him for a while and he wasn't captured/turned into a badnik with the rest of them. Sonic then realises that he's not seen Tails for a while either and goes off to look for him.

Aside from the fact the Kintobor origin comic is really good, the added extra of 'what happened to Tails?' is a clear jumping off point to the next story, you can tell it won't be like Issue 1 was but it's own unique story.

I really wish they took more liberties with Sonic today, and I'm even okay with the mandates because I don't want to see something too different from what Sonic should be, just a middle ground would be nice, make a story with it and make it interesting and compelling, even emotional because why not. Well, I can always make fan fictions.

1 minute ago, Jack the Maniac said:

I really wish they took more liberties with Sonic today, and I'm even okay with the mandates because I don't want to see something too different from what Sonic should be, just a middle ground would be nice, make a story with it and make it interesting and compelling, even emotional because why not. Well, I can always make fan fictions.

Hey, the comic might get to that point. I just hope it comes sooner (but not too soon so we don't get a whole bunch of lore too early) than later. I still have faith that this comic will be pretty good. But y'all do you :D

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Issue 1.

The Green Hill battle part

Quoting myself because.

Also to add to this and compare Sonic's actions from this strip, to IDW's.

In IDW's issue, Sonic rescues some people, he turns up and attacks the badniks. The badniks blow up and yay villagers are saved, they just walk off. Every person he saves does this.

In Fleetways issue. Sonic rescues his friends by destroying the badniks, the badniks explode and his friends pop out... now some of them are ok, they just hit the ground, look a bit dizzy and recover. However, some of them are in more peril. One of them he rescues above a pit of spikes, so he has to grab his friend, perform some acrobatic moves to save both himself and his friends.

What sounds more interesting?

Just now, Mayor D said:

Quoting myself because.

In IDW's issue, Sonic rescues some people, he turns up and attacks the badniks. The badniks blow up and yay villagers are saved, they just walk off. Every person he saves does this.

In Fleetways issue. Sonic rescues his friends by destroying the badniks, the badniks explode and his friends pop out... now some of them are ok, they just hit the ground, look a bit dizzy and recover. However, some of them are in more peril. One of them he rescues above a pit of spikes, so he has to grab his friend, perform some acrobatic moves to save both himself and his friends.

What does sound more interesting? They seem the same.

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

What does sound more interesting? They seem the same.

One of them all Sonic has to do is attack and defeat badniks to rescue his friends/people, in the other he actually has to think and react to his actions as well as show off his athletic talents in order to physically save his friends. It's not just 'attack, defeat, saved the day'.

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Quoting myself because.

The Fleetway one, no question. But some things do take time to get going. Archie also had a pretty slow (and admittedly, weird. Crying trees? What?) start, but it got way better (and worse in some cases) but it developed a strong following. You can have your opinion, but I'm still holding out for the best. Yes, I'm a little too optimistic. But I trust Ian, and he has surprised me before. I bet he can do it again.

Now, repeating @NikoS's question here: when the hell does the panel start?

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

One of them all Sonic has to do is attack and defeat badniks to rescue his friends/people, in the other he actually has to think and react to his actions as well as show off his athletic talents in order to physically save his friends. It's not just 'attack, defeat, saved the day'.

I guess more enemy variety would've helped. A badnik and an eggpawn don't seem too taxing for Sonic and Tails. Holdin' out for the danger next time...

And Egg Emperor's color scheme was completely wrong.

So any different complaints? Cause I agree the story isn't exactly too amazing. I just enjoy it as a comfort read and a welcome home. Like a story patting me on the back saying the nightmares of the shitty characters for the past year are so are not here. The bad men are not gonna come fuck things up. Here's a relaxing read. As a story to grab new readers, I agree it doesn't really do that well. As a comfort read it did that well enough for me. I feel consoled.

Complaints are very welcome, as I do agree with the negative points, most of them in fact, but also while it's not gotten to this point yet, I feel it's gonna be repeated over and over the same issue after the point has gotten across. 

Just now, JosepHenry said:

So the first 4 issues will be purposely small... That's interesting, I hope issue 5 and the rest are bigger.

I think Issue 6 where Shadow and Rouge appear was listed as 32 pages long. To be fair, Ian said that the arcs don't have to be restricted to just four issues link in most of the Universe issues.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

I think Issue 6 where Shadow and Rouge appear was listed as 32 pages long. To be fair, Ian said that the arcs don't have to be restricted to just four issues link in most of the Universe issues.

Nice. That makes me hopeful for "meatier" issues.

Anyways, issue 1 was good, nothing spetacular, I didn't except much anyway from it, though I expect issue 2 heating things up a bit. If not then I'll start to get worried.

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Uh oh, he brought out the Knowing Smile again.

Oh Ian, why you must do this to me??? #notKnowingStillSmile

34 minutes ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

The Town Hall is at 3PM Pacific (that's 3 hours from now)

Thanks!!!

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Since we're on topic of the Pontaff, I'm going to do something insane: praise him for something.

Sonic Lost World is only Sonic game, where story is about Sonic. As if, about him as a character. In every game there is a problem (Eggman or other villain) and Sonic is here to fix the problem, nothing more. All the drama/growth/something happens to Shadow/Tikal/Emerl/Blaze/Elise/Avatar/evenMarine. Sonic is here to fix a problem, maaaaybe make a friend. But we know it's Shara and Chip who were changed by this, not Sonic.

Lost World focus really is about Sonic as a character. Sonic messed up. Sonic got into argument with his best bud. Sonic who goes through emotional conflicts.

..sorry I'm probably going off-topic here. I just didn't felt like starting whole new thread just to post it.

That is a very good point. Hell, most of the Deadly Six had their eye on him specifically, with getting revenge on Eggman being more attributed of the greater goal of making themselves stronger.

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Uh oh, he brought out the Knowing Smile again. 
Anyways, I'm still interested in the comic, and I trust Ian as a writer to surprise us. I do think it's a slow start, but I have no doubt the ball will be rolling. I go into this with low expectations, as we shouldn't get anything too surprising in the first year.

What's goin on with Chubby Ted Nugent there?