Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

I never said you did. I was just making a statement on the matter.

I’d have directly quoted you otherwise. Everyone has a chance they don’t particularly like or care for, hence me using Big as an example for myself. I figured I’d make a point on it since the discussion was going thay direction.

That's fine. I was just trying to clear that up because that comment about "Dead weight" came up specifically because someone was summing my thoughts up as that when it wasn't really that at all. That's it.

12 hours ago, FFWF said:

gI would imagine that if Sega doesn't intend to use Infinite again, then since he's very clearly a part of the Modern brand they might just give the comic free rein with him; it seems more likely for him to be off-limits if they do actually have concrete plans to bring him back in the games.  (Then again, there's Eggman Nega, who they apparently nixed for comic appearances on the grounds that they "didn't know what they wanted to do with him" and proceeded to do nothing with him.)  But at the same time, there's always the chance that they want to sweep Infinite under the rug entirely - but given that they were either content with or actually responsible for the comic starting out as effectively a Forces sequel, then that seems unlikely.

You are assuming the people handling the sonic brand consistently acts logically 

You are also assuming they wont do a reverse sonic 06, where they reference the game and Don't reference infinite

12 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Yeah, I'm 99.99% sure Infinite's not dead. He's most likely fair game too. If they still have very open and clear intentions to use the Deadly Six, then I don't see why they wouldn't bother continuing the tale of Infinite's Lament for ultimate power. 

They don't really have clear intentions. They just seem to fill space. Further more, they could just see it as not worth it

They even gave him a theme song. 

It wouldn't be the first time the dedicated time to something, and then rushed the final product , no one ended up liking it and they shelved everything relating to it

Though, his disappearance is most likely due to the writers not really having a way to end his story in Forces properly. Like Eggman at the end, and the Deadly Six before him in Lost World, he just disappears because proper endings where things are clarified and explained are so foreign and toxic to the series now. Not the comics though. Thank goodness.

True

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

They don't really have clear intentions. They just seem to fill space. Further more, they could just see it as not worth it

It wouldn't be the first time the dedicated time to something, and then rushed the final product , no one ended up liking it and they shelved everything relating to it

When I say they have clear intentions to use the Deadly Six, I mean it's clear they intent to use the Deadly Six. Because they're still being used.

Infinite seems like he's going to fit the bill of a thing they create and bring back to have subsequent appearances without any of what he did before being addressed or given clarification so that it makes more sense and stops being lame. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What I want to see out of IDW's second Sonic comic is

- To have Amy flirt with Sonic Again while not trying to hide it from him

- Have Sonic be oblivious to her feelings but being respectful to them

- and Amy would be as strong as Sonic but focusing on her cuteness to show it and not her hammer.

24 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Infinite seems like he's going to fit the bill of a thing they create and bring back to have subsequent appearances without any of what he did before being addressed or given clarification so that it makes more sense and stops being lame. 

They could that could be pretty difficult. I mean  that was his whole thing. You would essentially have to remove and reboot the character entirely. And at that point, why not just make a new character. 

Like forreal, they could just use his group of jackals being upset at Shadow, Sonic and Co for rocking infnite and just call it and day and they would probs be much better characters.

Because I keep seeing people go " well they can just get rid of the ruby " ok, so infnites just some asshole now? Because he wasn't that interesting with the ruby, and he was less as some asshole by himself. And his thirst for power isn't unique or interesting either. The most interesting thing about infnite is that he was a merc, apart of a group of merc that did missions, and what he became is so divorced from that. That he might as well just be dead and serve as a backstory for potentially more interesting characters

5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

You are assuming the people handling the sonic brand consistently acts logically

Oh, I'm not assuming it.  But the only way to make a rational prediction is to start from the premise that what you're describing behaves rationally; otherwise there's no point in constructing a response at all.  For example, exactly the same response could be made to your own point here:

4 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

They could that could be pretty difficult. I mean  that was his whole thing. You would essentially have to remove and reboot the character entirely. And at that point, why not just make a new character.

You're also talking about what it would make sense for Sonic Team (or anyone) to do with Infinite, without any guarantee that what they'll do will make any sense at all.  When asked to make a prediction, the only meaningful predictions we can make are the ones which actually make sense - and it's not as if those aren't on the table.  It's equally possible that Sonic Team won't make a decision that's rational in the way that we understand it, but if that's the case then there's nothing we can say at all.

2 hours ago, FFWF said:

Oh, I'm not assuming it.  But the only way to make a rational prediction is to start from the premise that what you're describing behaves rationally; otherwise there's no point in constructing a response at all.  For example, exactly the same response could be made to your own point here:

You're also talking about what it would make sense for Sonic Team (or anyone) to do with Infinite, without any guarantee that what they'll do will make any sense at all.  When asked to make a prediction, the only meaningful predictions we can make are the ones which actually make sense - and it's not as if those aren't on the table.  It's equally possible that Sonic Team won't make a decision that's rational in the way that we understand it, but if that's the case then there's nothing we can say at all.

My response, while reflective of my thoughts somewhat on trying to guess discern the actions of sonic team, is for the most part a joke. You can try and figure out what they will do with finite, I was just making a funny my guy

I'd love to see more diversity in the citizens and villagers of "Mobius" (That's the name for Sonic's world I grew up with, I'm not gonna stop calling it that...).

What animals do you like to see?

13 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I'd love to see more diversity in the citizens and villagers of "Mobius" (That's the name for Sonic's world I grew up with, I'm not gonna stop calling it that...).

A squirrel, a dingo, a seal, a hare, a wildcat.. etc. Maybe even a platypus civilization.

40 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I don't really know, i was very happy how they were doing with new species, we got the aquatic mobians, such as sharks, manta rays and dolphins, also pronghorns, chinchillas, even thylacines, if they continue to be as diverse as they were being before, i'll be more than content. Surprise me guys!!

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, NikoS said:

I don't really know, i was very happy how they were doing with new species, we got the aquatic mobians, such as sharks, manta rays and dolphins, also pronghorns, chinchillas, even thylacines, if they continue to be as diverse as they were being before, i'll be more than content. Surprise me guys!!

How about a hedgehog?

1 minute ago, Razule said:

How about a hedgehog?

I really think they will not introduce new hedgehogs, we don't need another "evil Soni....

DXolgOKVMAAMMXy.jpg

oh...

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

More invertebrates, please. Especially stuff like twisted-winged parasites, rotifers, tardigrades...

24 minutes ago, NikoS said:

I really think they will not introduce new hedgehogs, we don't need another "evil Soni....

DXolgOKVMAAMMXy.jpg

oh...

Whom is this, and where did they come from??

34 minutes ago, horridus said:

Whom is this, and where did they come from??

Future Sonic from a recent Sonic storybook called Sonic and the Tales of Deception.

• Thumbs Up 4

It is worth mentioning that all this talk, all this "it will be new" "brand new direction" "new continuation" "everything new" "neeeew" "aaaaaaa" didn't happen at all, again, as I was expecting ever since the Forces follow-up announcement.

It really gave me the feeling of reading a post-reboot comic, despite the character purge.

40 minutes ago, Korke said:

It is worth mentioning that all this talk, all this "it will be new" "brand new direction" "new continuation" "everything new" "neeeew" "aaaaaaa" didn't happen at all, again, as I was expecting ever since the Forces follow-up announcement.

It really gave me the feeling of reading a post-reboot comic, despite the character purge.

I think they are using Forces as a jump-on point for the first few issues, before getting to the new stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I think they are using Forces as a jump-on point for the first few issues, before getting to the new stuff.

I guess this is Ian's plan.

1 minute ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I guess this is Ian's plan.

I'm still holding on to hope.

Forces or not, it is always going to feel a lot like post-reboot Archie. Because, well.. it's still made by a lot of the same people. I bet a lot of this you could possibly read as a continuation of Archie, just imagine the Freedom Fighters are off-screen somewhere

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

Forces or not, it is always going to feel a lot like post-reboot Archie. Because, well.. it's still made by a lot of the same people. I bet a lot of this you could possibly read as a continuation of Archie, just imagine the Freedom Fighters are off-screen somewhere

Do you think that this will ever end up being it's own thing?

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Do you think that this will ever end up being it's own thing?

It is it's own thing. It's just always going to feel a lot like another thing. I guess a way to make it feel more different would be to make it even closer to the games, it's not like they can go into wildly different directions like the the old days anymore, but uh.. eh. I'm sure it'll develop more of it's own identity later.

A way to do this is to avoid game adaptations if it truly wants to be its own thing. Just do new stories, and use game elements if needed.

Nearly all the games were adapted in the Archie comics.

• Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

A way to do this is to avoid game adaptations if it truly wants to be its own thing. Just do new stories, and use game elements if needed.

Nearly all the games were adapted in the Archie comics.

Not Sonic Labryinth

13 minutes ago, Razule said:

Not Sonic Labryinth

Or the objectively the BEST SONIC GAME EVER:

Sonic Schoolhouse