Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

13 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I'd love to see more diversity in the citizens and villagers of "Mobius" (That's the name for Sonic's world I grew up with, I'm not gonna stop calling it that...).

What animals do you like to see?

A squirrel, a dingo, a seal, a hare, a wildcat.. etc. Maybe even a platypus civilization.

40 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I'd love to see more diversity in the citizens and villagers of "Mobius" (That's the name for Sonic's world I grew up with, I'm not gonna stop calling it that...).

I don't really know, i was very happy how they were doing with new species, we got the aquatic mobians, such as sharks, manta rays and dolphins, also pronghorns, chinchillas, even thylacines, if they continue to be as diverse as they were being before, i'll be more than content. Surprise me guys!!

5 minutes ago, NikoS said:

I don't really know, i was very happy how they were doing with new species, we got the aquatic mobians, such as sharks, manta rays and dolphins, also pronghorns, chinchillas, even thylacines, if they continue to be as diverse as they were being before, i'll be more than content. Surprise me guys!!

How about a hedgehog?

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

More invertebrates, please. Especially stuff like twisted-winged parasites, rotifers, tardigrades...

It is worth mentioning that all this talk, all this "it will be new" "brand new direction" "new continuation" "everything new" "neeeew" "aaaaaaa" didn't happen at all, again, as I was expecting ever since the Forces follow-up announcement.

It really gave me the feeling of reading a post-reboot comic, despite the character purge.

40 minutes ago, Korke said:

It is worth mentioning that all this talk, all this "it will be new" "brand new direction" "new continuation" "everything new" "neeeew" "aaaaaaa" didn't happen at all, again, as I was expecting ever since the Forces follow-up announcement.

It really gave me the feeling of reading a post-reboot comic, despite the character purge.

I think they are using Forces as a jump-on point for the first few issues, before getting to the new stuff.

Forces or not, it is always going to feel a lot like post-reboot Archie. Because, well.. it's still made by a lot of the same people. I bet a lot of this you could possibly read as a continuation of Archie, just imagine the Freedom Fighters are off-screen somewhere

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

Forces or not, it is always going to feel a lot like post-reboot Archie. Because, well.. it's still made by a lot of the same people. I bet a lot of this you could possibly read as a continuation of Archie, just imagine the Freedom Fighters are off-screen somewhere

Do you think that this will ever end up being it's own thing?

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

It is it's own thing. It's just always going to feel a lot like another thing. I guess a way to make it feel more different would be to make it even closer to the games, it's not like they can go into wildly different directions like the the old days anymore, but uh.. eh. I'm sure it'll develop more of it's own identity later.

3 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

A way to do this is to avoid game adaptations if it truly wants to be its own thing. Just do new stories, and use game elements if needed.

Nearly all the games were adapted in the Archie comics.

Not Sonic Labryinth

7 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Or the objectively the BEST SONIC GAME EVER:

Sonic Schoolhouse

There was a very loose adaptation. Remember when they all went to school that one time like.. actual kids or something?

31 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

When Ian eventually gets more writing gigs and wants to do this less and there are other writers brought in to do their own shit

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

There was a very loose adaptation. Remember when they all went to school that one time like.. actual kids or something?

Oh damn, you got me.
Still haven't seen an adaptation of SegaSonic Popcorn Shop.

I'm just gutted it got canned before the Sega Sonic Arcade adaption, that was a long time coming and would finally explain Sonic, Mighty & Ray's past and friendship etc in the comic. Was looking forward to that. 

15 minutes ago, Tenko said:

I'm just gutted it got canned before the Sega Sonic Arcade adaption, that was a long time coming and would finally explain Sonic, Mighty & Ray's past and friendship etc in the comic. Was looking forward to that. 

I direct you to Knuckles the Echidna #26-28.

Man now I am imagining what it would be like if IDW Sonic could be like DC Comics. Like we have the mainline Sonic The Hedgehog issues. Tails #1, Knuckles #1, Team Rose #1, etc. It won't happen, but that'd be neat if the series ever got big enough that characters could have their own comics like how Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Titans, and all that jazz. It'll NEVER happen, but that would be something. A Sonic Universe like side issue is more likely if that even happens.

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

Man now I am imagining what it would be like if IDW Sonic could be like DC Comics. Like we have the mainline Sonic The Hedgehog issues. Tails #1, Knuckles #1, Team Rose #1, etc. It won't happen, but that'd be neat if the series ever got big enough that characters could have their own comics like how Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Titans, and all that jazz. It'll NEVER happen, but that would be something. A Sonic Universe like side issue is more likely if that even happens.

Not to mention Penders would go ballistic if they did a Knuckles comic line without him.