Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

47 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

The Modern one had to be destroyed by Classic Sonic after years of Eggman occupation (or, it was already dead and gone due to eggman’s rule and Classic was destroying a corpse of something that stopped living long ago.).

Rouge said Eggman "rebuilt" the Death Egg. It's not the same as the one in Sonic 4 Episode 2.

8 minutes ago, Razule said:

Rouge said Eggman "rebuilt" the Death Egg. It's not the same as the one in Sonic 4 Episode 2.

She probably didn’t know of that incident to begin with. Or she could only be referring to the original.

Is that a cover by Jon Gray? If it is, it's lacking in his wonderful cartoony expression that makes his art pop. 

All of Jon's best features in his Sonic art is exactly how his expression takes form. 

sonic_universe__68_variant_cover_by_jong

sonic_super_digest__1_frontispiece_by_jo

Like, he's great at action and layout, but his strong suit has always been his range of expression. 

I don't see that in that cover, so I'm really hoping that's not Gray's or it will confirm to me that the art is taking a huge hit in this book.

EDIT: It is Jon Gray's work. 

Wow, the art of this book took a huge hit like a freight truck. Who's in charge of the art direction? I want to file a huge complaint. This is what happens when you demand that all of the Sonic artists draw "Sonic-y". You destroy whatever personality the artist's work had. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

She probably didn’t know of that incident to begin with. Or she could only be referring to the original.

You're the only person who thinks this. There's absolutely nothing in-game to suggest that the Forces Death Egg is the Little Planet version from Sonic 4.

• Thumbs Up 2

HOLY CANON BATMAN! In all the 4 total years that I've been a more "die-hard" fan of Sonic the Hedgehog, I never realized how restrictive as shit it can be. Humans and Mobi....I'm sorry Animals living on separate worlds. Now Mighty and Ray are forever classic and stuck in another dimension; and all of this could be chalked up to "That's just how sonic is :)"

I never really got this much into sonic growing up, I didn't really play much of the games and Sonic X left a bad taste in my mouth (Seriously Amy, can you go five seconds without acting like you need to bring one of your friends into a romantic relationship he don't want?). So I kind of still feel like the new intern at the office, arguing about the shitty business practices.

I mean, we asked for Mighty and Ray to come back to the games and not be forgotten by SEGA and now they're locked in the Classic Dimension because of it. It's like we made a deal with the dev...

image.thumb.png.18f9b2493b53bf537f42b078972e3a4c.png

• Chuckle 5

No i'll not stop to compare the logos

Spoiler

You vs. the logo they told you not to worry about:

logo_01.pnglogo_02.png

Found this on Twitter, connecting Hesse's covers:

DaDUGp9UQAA3jnd.jpg

It actually looks super dang cool, honestly. I wonder what issue 4 will be like!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

I seriously want to see Shadow already. Does marketing even know the character is hugely popular and they would get positive response seeing Shadow mostly alongside the classic four.

9 hours ago, JC_Mike said:

HOLY CANON BATMAN! In all the 4 total years that I've been a more "die-hard" fan of Sonic the Hedgehog, I never realized how restrictive as shit it can be. Humans and Mobi....I'm sorry Animals living on separate worlds. Now Mighty and Ray are forever classic and stuck in another dimension; and all of this could be chalked up to "That's just how sonic is :)"

I never really got this much into sonic growing up, I didn't really play much of the games and Sonic X left a bad taste in my mouth (Seriously Amy, can you go five seconds without acting like you need to bring one of your friends into a romantic relationship he don't want?). So I kind of still feel like the new intern at the office, arguing about the shitty business practices.

I mean, we asked for Mighty and Ray to come back to the games and not be forgotten by SEGA and now they're locked in the Classic Dimension because of it. It's like we made a deal with the dev...

image.thumb.png.18f9b2493b53bf537f42b078972e3a4c.png

We should pay attention to what we ask SEGA:

First Sonic Generations, then Sonic Force, now Mighty and Ray locked...

If we keep asking for Silver, they might as well retcon him and make him a character from the present, not the future...

For me, what SEGA did to Mighty and Ray might as well be the same as forgetting them for 25 years. I mean, we get to play them for 30 minutes in a classic game with no story. I'd rather not take that, and instead have them in the comics with personalities, emotions and motivations.

The only way to really bring them back is to introduce them in a modern game! (at least the racing game if they want to do no efforts on story...)

4 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

I seriously want to see Shadow already. Does marketing even know the character is hugely popular and they would get positive response seeing Shadow mostly alongside the classic four.

They probably do. They just don't care. Other things need their attention and the public's eye for the most part. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Normally I'd say that you always want to hold something back in a serial to hook people who weren't caught at the first pass, but... realistically, Shadow is showing up in #6, third month of the ongoing serial, out of a total of one issue already released.  They're not exactly holding him hostage.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

9 hours ago, Polkadi said:

Found this on Twitter, connecting Hesse's covers:

DaDUGp9UQAA3jnd.jpg

It actually looks super dang cool, honestly. I wonder what issue 4 will be like!

That Knuckles is very nicely drawn I must say.

Anyone else notice Sonic is holding up an additional finger with each cover? Issue 1 he’s pointing, issue 2 he’s giving the peace sign, issue 3 he’s saluting with three fingers.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Anyone else notice Sonic is holding up an additional finger with each cover? Issue 1 he’s pointing, issue 2 he’s giving the peace sign, issue 3 he’s saluting with three fingers.

Does that mean each arc he'll start with a different first finger? Idea: Middle finger for Shadow's introduction

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 5

17 minutes ago, Razule said:

Does that mean each arc he'll start with a different first finger? Idea: Middle finger for Shadow's introduction

Can’t wait to see issue 11, and see Sonic lower his hands with a look that says “I give up” ?

I just noticed something annoying about buying these comics digitally. I bought issue 1 on IDW’s website, using my laptop. Eventually, I got the IDW app on my iphone, so I could view my purchases with my phone. However, it claims I have no purchases. Yet if I log into the IDW website through Safari, my purchases are available through that.

I guess it’s not a big deal, since there is a work around, but it is pretty annoying how the app won’t show any purchases made on another device, despite sharing the same account. I’m just glad the comic is still available when logging in through a web browser.

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Can’t wait to see issue 11, and see Sonic lower his hands with a look that says “I give up” ?

I just noticed something annoying about buying these comics digitally. I bought issue 1 on IDW’s website, using my laptop. Eventually, I got the IDW app on my iphone, so I could view my purchases with my phone. However, it claims I have no purchases. Yet if I log into the IDW website through Safari, my purchases are available through that.

I guess it’s not a big deal, since there is a work around, but it is pretty annoying how the app won’t show any purchases made on another device, despite sharing the same account. I’m just glad the comic is still available when logging in through a web browser.

Have you tried “restore purchases”, or checked to see if it’s in the cloud?

25 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Have you tried “restore purchases”, or checked to see if it’s in the cloud?

Yep, still nothing... At least the PDF is still available through a web browser, but it seems like I can’t use the app to view my comics, despite using the same account I used to buy the comic.