Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

She probably didn’t know of that incident to begin with. Or she could only be referring to the original.

You're the only person who thinks this. There's absolutely nothing in-game to suggest that the Forces Death Egg is the Little Planet version from Sonic 4.

HOLY CANON BATMAN! In all the 4 total years that I've been a more "die-hard" fan of Sonic the Hedgehog, I never realized how restrictive as shit it can be. Humans and Mobi....I'm sorry Animals living on separate worlds. Now Mighty and Ray are forever classic and stuck in another dimension; and all of this could be chalked up to "That's just how sonic is :)"

I never really got this much into sonic growing up, I didn't really play much of the games and Sonic X left a bad taste in my mouth (Seriously Amy, can you go five seconds without acting like you need to bring one of your friends into a romantic relationship he don't want?). So I kind of still feel like the new intern at the office, arguing about the shitty business practices.

I mean, we asked for Mighty and Ray to come back to the games and not be forgotten by SEGA and now they're locked in the Classic Dimension because of it. It's like we made a deal with the dev...

image.thumb.png.18f9b2493b53bf537f42b078972e3a4c.png

https://twitter.com/jongraywb/status/982018529317793792

DaDT_NzW4AEOC0G?format=jpg

The black and white version looks like a good inktober piece! I honestly thought it would be more cartoony expressive though.

Also they add the names of the writer artist and sometimes the colorist on the cover now!

I seriously want to see Shadow already. Does marketing even know the character is hugely popular and they would get positive response seeing Shadow mostly alongside the classic four.

9 hours ago, JC_Mike said:

HOLY CANON BATMAN! In all the 4 total years that I've been a more "die-hard" fan of Sonic the Hedgehog, I never realized how restrictive as shit it can be. Humans and Mobi....I'm sorry Animals living on separate worlds. Now Mighty and Ray are forever classic and stuck in another dimension; and all of this could be chalked up to "That's just how sonic is :)"

I never really got this much into sonic growing up, I didn't really play much of the games and Sonic X left a bad taste in my mouth (Seriously Amy, can you go five seconds without acting like you need to bring one of your friends into a romantic relationship he don't want?). So I kind of still feel like the new intern at the office, arguing about the shitty business practices.

I mean, we asked for Mighty and Ray to come back to the games and not be forgotten by SEGA and now they're locked in the Classic Dimension because of it. It's like we made a deal with the dev...

image.thumb.png.18f9b2493b53bf537f42b078972e3a4c.png

We should pay attention to what we ask SEGA:

First Sonic Generations, then Sonic Force, now Mighty and Ray locked...

If we keep asking for Silver, they might as well retcon him and make him a character from the present, not the future...

For me, what SEGA did to Mighty and Ray might as well be the same as forgetting them for 25 years. I mean, we get to play them for 30 minutes in a classic game with no story. I'd rather not take that, and instead have them in the comics with personalities, emotions and motivations.

The only way to really bring them back is to introduce them in a modern game! (at least the racing game if they want to do no efforts on story...)

4 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

I seriously want to see Shadow already. Does marketing even know the character is hugely popular and they would get positive response seeing Shadow mostly alongside the classic four.

They probably do. They just don't care. Other things need their attention and the public's eye for the most part. 

Normally I'd say that you always want to hold something back in a serial to hook people who weren't caught at the first pass, but... realistically, Shadow is showing up in #6, third month of the ongoing serial, out of a total of one issue already released.  They're not exactly holding him hostage.

9 hours ago, Polkadi said:

Found this on Twitter, connecting Hesse's covers:

DaDUGp9UQAA3jnd.jpg

It actually looks super dang cool, honestly. I wonder what issue 4 will be like!

That Knuckles is very nicely drawn I must say.

8 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Anyone else notice Sonic is holding up an additional finger with each cover? Issue 1 he’s pointing, issue 2 he’s giving the peace sign, issue 3 he’s saluting with three fingers.

Does that mean each arc he'll start with a different first finger? Idea: Middle finger for Shadow's introduction

17 minutes ago, Razule said:

Does that mean each arc he'll start with a different first finger? Idea: Middle finger for Shadow's introduction

Can’t wait to see issue 11, and see Sonic lower his hands with a look that says “I give up” ?

I just noticed something annoying about buying these comics digitally. I bought issue 1 on IDW’s website, using my laptop. Eventually, I got the IDW app on my iphone, so I could view my purchases with my phone. However, it claims I have no purchases. Yet if I log into the IDW website through Safari, my purchases are available through that.

I guess it’s not a big deal, since there is a work around, but it is pretty annoying how the app won’t show any purchases made on another device, despite sharing the same account. I’m just glad the comic is still available when logging in through a web browser.

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Can’t wait to see issue 11, and see Sonic lower his hands with a look that says “I give up” ?

I just noticed something annoying about buying these comics digitally. I bought issue 1 on IDW’s website, using my laptop. Eventually, I got the IDW app on my iphone, so I could view my purchases with my phone. However, it claims I have no purchases. Yet if I log into the IDW website through Safari, my purchases are available through that.

I guess it’s not a big deal, since there is a work around, but it is pretty annoying how the app won’t show any purchases made on another device, despite sharing the same account. I’m just glad the comic is still available when logging in through a web browser.

Have you tried “restore purchases”, or checked to see if it’s in the cloud?

25 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Have you tried “restore purchases”, or checked to see if it’s in the cloud?

Yep, still nothing... At least the PDF is still available through a web browser, but it seems like I can’t use the app to view my comics, despite using the same account I used to buy the comic.

I love how the spotlight on Jen's cover shines over top of the Sonic logo!

It's funny, I'd say most of the covers from 1-4 have part of a character or something edited in front of the logo.

I know this is kinda late to the party but I thought better late than never!  I bought two versions of the comic...the normal cover and that awesome cover ($10 cover) of Tails carrying Sonic...the first issue was kinda simplistic but in a good way.  

Story:

It was back to basics, with Sonic finding a town being attacked by a rogue band of "Eggman's Robots!".  He proceeds to take them on with the thankful arrival of Tails, said fox noticing the attacks were coordinated and more cohesive than usual.  Sonic surmises that Eggman is back, but Tails notes that it can't be because Eggman usually announces his return via an Angry Joe V-Log.  Sonic and Tails, after a nice moment that addresses Tails' depression of being away from Sonic whilst in Forces, leaves on good terms to find the next threat.   Meanwhile, a figure looms in the shadows noting that "of course" Sonic would survive the "first trial".  He orders unseen forces to make sure Amy Rose is notified of Sonic's success so that he or she can crush both hedgehogs at the same time...

Overall thoughts:

The artwork by Tracy Yardley was very solid for a return.  I'm glad the Archie Creators are back on board and working...nice to know that they still get work.  The moment between Sonic and Tails was my favorite moment in the book, with Sonic showing he still has a soft side underneath all that "cool guy"-ness.  Hope we get something like between Sonic and Amy next week.   My hope for the "shadowy figure" is Infinite running the show...he WAS the "ultimate mercenary" after all, so planning attacks on Sonic wouldn't be out of left field for him and he was Robotnik's right hand...I figure he'll settle into a "Snively" like post until he regains his power somehow, which I suppose will not happen for awhile.  This is a continuation of Sonic Forces' story after all.