Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

I wonder if Amy has already tried to re-recruit Sonic to the Resistance, or at the very least he figures that's why she'd be tracking him down. Even if it's not that, I don't mind there being some negative tension between these two, obviously I want 'em to get along generally but it doesn't have to be rainbows and sunshine all the time.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Fun fact: apparently SEGA of Japan didn't like it when Sonic put his hand to Amy's face as they found it to be out of character.

Err, where'd this info come from exactly?

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Fun fact: apparently SEGA of Japan didn't like it when Sonic put his hand to Amy's face as they found it to be out of character.

But.. didn't they write the scene?

Just now, Razule said:

Pontaff wrote the scene I guess, but SoJ were the ones who should approve it or not. Jesus they are incompetent if they just left that in even if they didn't like it.

Sonic would totally do that to Amy. She was trying to kiss him and he wants nothing of that. He's not a gentleman.

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

Aside from whether "NEVER SEEN BEFORE" is a good idea, this entire quote reminds me of the "She is a strong independent woman (who needs no man)" joke I saw on a movie review video. 

Yeah, pretty much. I can understand why they're doing that, though.

45 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Even if Amy doesn’t need a man, I still think she should want Sonic. It would feel wrong for Amy’s feelings for Sonic to be taken away entirely. The best they can do, is make her more mature and patient towards Sonic. 

Hopefully, issue 2 gives better development for Sonic and Amy.

Agreed.

21 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

Issue 4 cover, plus connecting cover. Curtesy of the Facebook group.

FB_IMG_1523293141714.jpg

FB_IMG_1523293122024.jpg

Sigh....

SUPER 69 ATTACK, BA-BYYY!

Just now, Razule said:

Probably not. Generations generally felt like the writers read the character bios and skimmed a few general receptions and then used that to write the non-Sonic, Tails, and Eggman characters.

That thing with Amy felt like a joke on how she's chased Sonic so much that he's able to just literally keep her back with his hand while he finishes his conversation with Tails.

2 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Pontaff wrote the scene I guess, but SoJ were the ones who should approve it or not. Jesus they are incompetent if they just left that in even if they didn't like it.

Or tolerant. There's that stance, too.

That's an interesting post actually, but literally isn't a source for SoJ's alleged statement.

• Thumbs Up 6

21 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

"America treats Sonamy much like they do their franchise, a meme or joke to be poked fun of. Whereas, with a much more refined atmosphere, Japan treats Sonamy as an endearing and lovely couple. "

You keep going to this post when is something about Amy, about someone who is clearly is a fan of Sonamy. Sega of Japan said nothing about not liking that scene.

Yeah sorry, but Japanese or American, Sonic does care for Amy as a friend but thanks for her being so clingy he fears her at the same time because he doesn't want anything with her besides friendship.

What I mean is that while Sonic is nicer to Amy in JP, it doesn't mean he has something for her. He's just being nice. Is like the same as a guy compliment a girl for her looks means that he loves her.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 hours ago, Razule said:

I don't think Sonic being annoyed with Amy is exactly a dark spot.

Ha XD unless he cuts a rope like in issue 46 of the Archie series no I agree

How do you get your hands on the variant covers? I never figured out how exactly those work.

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

That's an interesting post actually, but literally isn't a source for SoJ's alleged statement.

Also, Pontaff didn't write the actual story of a Sonic game until Lost World. Both Colors and Generations were games they adapted and "touched up" the script for. That scene would have been in the original Japanese version regardless.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

In Sonic and the Black Knight, Amy is angry at Sonic for being late at their DATE.

Maybe Amy tracked him down and forced him to agree to a date at hammer-point?

Just now, Razule said:

Maybe Amy tracked him down and forced him to agree to a date at hammer-point?

Well, people headcanon that the date option from Unleashed was what Sonic was doing before he was teleported by Merlina.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Well, people headcanon that the date option from Unleashed was what Sonic was doing before he was teleported by Merlina.

That "yes" or "no" prompt was really intimidating, it's impossible to tell what she'd do if Sonic said no

33 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Which I do like, for what it's worth.

57 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

In Sonic and the Black Knight, Amy is angry at Sonic for being late at their DATE.

Again Sonic being nice to Amy without showing interest in her.

I bet Sonic would give flowers to her even, but doesn't mean exactly that he likes her, means that he's just being a good friend.

Anyways, that comment about Amy becoming their favorite character in issue 2 is really interesting. Would be really cool if she did something really dangerous to save someone and getting hurt.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy, Amy is going to get changed so much that even Joe now has her as his favorite character I hope the people who favored her before him can still do so. Individual and  Combatant Its not like Amy didn't have this before so I don't get why they keep trying to fix what's not broken by making her less affectionate for Sonic.

I really don't see how it's hard for people to accept sonic cares for amy. Maybe not in a full on way bit over the years she's grown on him yet he instill enough a I want to.go where I want sort of guy that he isn't really ready to settle down as he is juat.a guy that loves adventure

I'm late on this train, but I just got issue 1 and I really enjoyed it! Can't wait for the next issue! <3 This is a great start to a new series!

5 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

Issue 4 cover, plus connecting cover. Curtesy of the Facebook group.

FB_IMG_1523293141714.jpg

FB_IMG_1523293122024.jpg

Look at that little Blaze right over there. Just chillin' in the background. Dear god, they better not sideline her in this issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Look at that little Blaze right over there. Just chillin' in the background. Dear god, they better not sideline her in this issue.

Speculation time

The way she's being sidelined seems actually intentional, is like she's annoyed at Tangle for stealing the show. She even looks a bit grumpy in those covers. Which in terms of plot would be awesome if Blaze isn't really fond of Tangle and gets comically hurt because of that.

But if is not really intentional..... Blaze is there just to be there and will be the same '06 plant just for fanservice sake. Don't do that IDW.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, JosepHenry said:

Speculation time

The way she's being sidelined seems actually intentional, is like she's annoyed at Tangle for stealing the show. She even looks a bit grumpy in those covers. Which in terms of plot would be awesome if Blaze isn't really fond of Tangle and gets comically hurt because of that.

But if is not really intentional..... Blaze is there just to be there and will be the same '06 plant just for fanservice sake. Don't do that IDW.

Given how upset people were at her absence in Forces and how popular she is, Ian and IDW should probably know better when it comes to using Blaze. I mean, judging by the pages of Unuverse 96, Ian realized how annoyed people were at Blaze constantly being taken down.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Yeah, the fourth issue isn't helping ease the idea that Blaze will just be bait for her fans and will be pushed to the side in favor of Tangle.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

17 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

One character I'd love to see is Cosmo and her civilization.

They are so interesting!

I'm sorry, but they deconfirmed Chris at the first Comic-Con panel. If Chris isn't returning, I doubt anything else from X will.