Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

2 hours ago, Razule said:

I don't think Sonic being annoyed with Amy is exactly a dark spot.

Ha XD unless he cuts a rope like in issue 46 of the Archie series no I agree

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

That's an interesting post actually, but literally isn't a source for SoJ's alleged statement.

Also, Pontaff didn't write the actual story of a Sonic game until Lost World. Both Colors and Generations were games they adapted and "touched up" the script for. That scene would have been in the original Japanese version regardless.

13 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

In Sonic and the Black Knight, Amy is angry at Sonic for being late at their DATE.

Maybe Amy tracked him down and forced him to agree to a date at hammer-point?

Just now, Razule said:

Maybe Amy tracked him down and forced him to agree to a date at hammer-point?

Well, people headcanon that the date option from Unleashed was what Sonic was doing before he was teleported by Merlina.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Well, people headcanon that the date option from Unleashed was what Sonic was doing before he was teleported by Merlina.

That "yes" or "no" prompt was really intimidating, it's impossible to tell what she'd do if Sonic said no

33 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Which I do like, for what it's worth.

57 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

In Sonic and the Black Knight, Amy is angry at Sonic for being late at their DATE.

Again Sonic being nice to Amy without showing interest in her.

I bet Sonic would give flowers to her even, but doesn't mean exactly that he likes her, means that he's just being a good friend.

Anyways, that comment about Amy becoming their favorite character in issue 2 is really interesting. Would be really cool if she did something really dangerous to save someone and getting hurt.

Oh boy, Amy is going to get changed so much that even Joe now has her as his favorite character I hope the people who favored her before him can still do so. Individual and  Combatant Its not like Amy didn't have this before so I don't get why they keep trying to fix what's not broken by making her less affectionate for Sonic.

I really don't see how it's hard for people to accept sonic cares for amy. Maybe not in a full on way bit over the years she's grown on him yet he instill enough a I want to.go where I want sort of guy that he isn't really ready to settle down as he is juat.a guy that loves adventure

7 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Look at that little Blaze right over there. Just chillin' in the background. Dear god, they better not sideline her in this issue.

Speculation time

The way she's being sidelined seems actually intentional, is like she's annoyed at Tangle for stealing the show. She even looks a bit grumpy in those covers. Which in terms of plot would be awesome if Blaze isn't really fond of Tangle and gets comically hurt because of that.

But if is not really intentional..... Blaze is there just to be there and will be the same '06 plant just for fanservice sake. Don't do that IDW.

1 hour ago, JosepHenry said:

Speculation time

The way she's being sidelined seems actually intentional, is like she's annoyed at Tangle for stealing the show. She even looks a bit grumpy in those covers. Which in terms of plot would be awesome if Blaze isn't really fond of Tangle and gets comically hurt because of that.

But if is not really intentional..... Blaze is there just to be there and will be the same '06 plant just for fanservice sake. Don't do that IDW.

Given how upset people were at her absence in Forces and how popular she is, Ian and IDW should probably know better when it comes to using Blaze. I mean, judging by the pages of Unuverse 96, Ian realized how annoyed people were at Blaze constantly being taken down.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Look at that little Blaze right over there. Just chillin' in the background. Dear god, they better not sideline her in this issue.

Yeah, the fourth issue isn't helping ease the idea that Blaze will just be bait for her fans and will be pushed to the side in favor of Tangle.

17 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

One character I'd love to see is Cosmo and her civilization.

They are so interesting!

I'm sorry, but they deconfirmed Chris at the first Comic-Con panel. If Chris isn't returning, I doubt anything else from X will.

14 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Ah okay.

I hope we get to see some interesting nature-creatures (concepts like water-creature Chaos, and flower-creatures like Cosmo), but for different concepts.

That'd be pretty interesting.

15 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I'm sorry, but they deconfirmed Chris at the first Comic-Con panel. If Chris isn't returning, I doubt anything else from X will.

Yeah pretty much anything from X has been killed off for a very long time. I heard there was some reason for like a complete wipe/discontinue. I mean personally I thought the show sucked, especially Season 3, but I think the higher ups basically don't want it ever being touched for whatever reason....or maybe it's just a fake rumor I believe for some reason.

5 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Yeah pretty much anything from X has been killed off for a very long time. I heard there was some reason for like a complete wipe/discontinue. I mean personally I thought the show sucked, especially Season 3, but I think the higher ups basically don't want it ever being touched for whatever reason....or maybe it's just a fake rumor I believe for some reason.

According to Ian on one of his Bumblekasts, SEGA doesn't want X, Underground, and the OVA in there. I think it's because SEGA considers them failures or something.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

:grimace: Don't count on that not being case just yet.

1 hour ago, JosepHenry said:

Speculation time

The thing is that Blaze is not really the type of character you'd do that with, at the very least not within what we've gotten from her over the years.

Also, she's from Sonic Rush.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Given how upset people were at her absence in Forces and how popular she is, Ian and IDW should probably know better when it comes to using Blaze.

Yeah, the fourth issue isn't helping ease the idea that Blaze will just be bait for her fans.

They really should've just had Tangle be in the fifth issue instead of cramming her into what is essentially Blaze's triumphant return to a story release-wise.

23 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Actually, Cosmo and the Seedrians are residents of Sonic's Galaxy, so Chris  not being in is not the issue.

The real problem is copyright/licensing rights regarding Toei Animation or whoever produced/published Sonic X. While Chris would technically be fine to appear if they wanted to use him since he was apparently created by SonicTeam themselves, it's very likely Cosmo falls in with everything else.

23 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

They really should've just had Tangle be in the fifth issue instead of cramming her into what is essentially Blaze's triumphant return to a story release-wise.

Plus, we're not sure if Blaze will be allowed to appear more often and Ian doesn't have the best track record with writing her.

I don't want to get judgemental, but how Tangle has been overshadowing Blaze, it seems like Blaze will just be a side-character.

16 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Plus, we're not sure if Blaze will be allowed to appear more often and Ian doesn't have the best track record with writing her.

Uh, how was she in TTT? Cause I only really remember her successfully outrunning the Zone Cops offscreen, angrily making her case to Shadow/Rouge, and being the one to defeat the villains.