Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

39 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

That should show you that if nothing else, Sonic Team remembers Sonic X fondly and likes to indulge fans of the series.

Correction: It shows that Uekawa (and whoever else manages Sonic Channel) remembers Sonic X fondly and likes to indulge fans of the series. I have no idea how involved the rest of Sonic Team is, and I honestly find it pretty unlikely that someone like, say, Iizuka has all that much investment in either Sonic Channel or Sonic X. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

2. Sonic X was produced by TMS Entertainment in conjunction with Sonic Team. TMS is owned by Sega. Everything in Sonic X is fully owned by Sega and most of the designs for the series were done by Yuji Uekawa. There's nothing standing between Sega using elements from Sonic X besides Sega themselves.

Isn't there something about Decoe and Bocoe?

4 hours ago, SaberX said:

I moslty agree.

But I'm still guessing shes that way because of Tangle attitude.

Are you suggesting there will be banter between Blaze and Tangle, which may start a ship tease, possibly? I would like to see that, there is potential for their personalities to mix up and clash well.

Finally just read the first issue. Really liked it , simple but I liked it. And we have a bit of a 'Who is it'? at the end. No doubt by the end of the fourth issue we should have a set up for something to get our teeth into.

42 minutes ago, SaberX said:

No.

Just thinking that Tangle actions or way of being may annoy Blaze in some way(like she making jokes and poking Blaze or friendly hug Blaze and expect her to accept). I dont think there will be a conflict.

I'm not saying a conflict, more like the kind of banter that makes you want to ship them. Like the #AvaLance DC ship, I don't know if you are familiar with that but Ava reminds me a lot of Blaze.

7 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

4. If nothing else, keep in mind that Chris and Cosmo often show up in Sonic Channel's monthly fan art section. Other than Sticks, they show up the most of any alternate media characters, easily showing up more often then Sally who's the next most often. That should show you that if nothing else, Sonic Team remembers Sonic X fondly and likes to indulge fans of the series.

Really now? I mean, I suppose I can understand Cosmo, but Chris has that much dedicated to him?

Huh. That's interesting.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Speaking of subseries, what do you think Ian will do with elements from Boom?

If you mean just Sticks[ for right now(?)], then just write them in in a way that has them gel more with the Modern side of things while still maintaining some degree of the aspects that made them special in the first place.(Which isn't actually that much of a divergence, mind you.)

• Nice Smile 1

Nothing but sticks maybe existing

thats all you will get

Probably nothing unless it's incorporated in to the main series first.

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

Probably nothing unless it's incorporated in to the main series first.

I’ll still hold out for Dave the intern ;)

47 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Really now? I mean, I suppose I can understand Cosmo, but Chris has that much dedicated to him?

Huh. That's interesting.

If you mean just Sticks[ for right now(?)], then just write them in in a way that has them gel more with the Modern side of things while still maintaining some degree of the aspects that made them special in the first place.(Which isn't actually that much of a divergence, mind you.)

I'm going to need proof on that claim. Agreed I could see Cosmo but Chris being popular? One of the low points of x was him and his family imo.

Knowing idw as long as I have done expect 2 or 3 sub series like Archie did. 1 shot tie ins maybe transformers haha. And game or  movie specials

• Nice Smile 1

10 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Correction: It shows that Uekawa (and whoever else manages Sonic Channel) remembers Sonic X fondly and likes to indulge fans of the series. I have no idea how involved the rest of Sonic Team is, and I honestly find it pretty unlikely that someone like, say, Iizuka has all that much investment in either Sonic Channel or Sonic X. 

That's fair.

8 hours ago, Razule said:

Isn't there something about Decoe and Bocoe?

Decoe and Bocoe's designs deviate only slightly from the characters Epsilon and Omega from the 1991 anime Emergency Departure Rescue Kids. The series was also produced by TMS, so it's likely TMS alteady owned them and therefore Sega would also own them. The fact their designs were derivitive of a non-Sonic work may have played a part in Sonic Team introducing Orbot and Cubot to fill a similar role. So Sega owns Decoe and Bocoe no question though.

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I'm going to need proof on that claim. Agreed I could see Cosmo but Chris being popular? One of the low points of x was him and his family imo.

You can see the fan art section of Sonic Channel website for yourself. I don't have hard numbers, that's just what I remember seeing. For the record though, Cosmo does show up significantly more than Chris. He just shows up more often than other non-video game characters.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

If we live in UK, does it mean the comics will be available on Comixology in 4 hours even if in US the day begins later ???

23 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

If we live in UK, does it mean the comics will be available on Comixology in 4 hours even if in US the day begins later ???

Insert pic here of Han Solo saying "That's not how the Force works", but "time zones" replaces "The Force".

37 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Considering the IDW app didn’t update with the first issue until what was the early hours of Thursday morning for us, I’m gonna go with no.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I hope I hope we get a Sonic Universe too!

But when? Issue 30-40 sounds good to start.

IDW gave MLP a 2nd ongoing after 12-13 issues. So if sales are good I can see them giving another Sonic comic around 20 issues in.

8 minutes ago, Korke said:

Wait, was the issue released?

They probably got an early copy for the sake of reviewing it, like with TSSZ and the season 2 finale of Boom.

Is out on Play Store.

I read it. It was just great.

I think Amy was never this well written before.

If I gave the first issue a 7/10 this one gets a 10/10, I loved it.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Is out on Play Store.

I read it. It was just great.

I think Amy was never this well written before.

If I gave the first issue a 7/10 this one gets a 10/10, I loved it.

Oh. I've been expecting/hoping it'd be more enjoyable than the Tails one was anyway.

Though the Knuckles one will definitely be the best

Good news! :smile: