Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Really now? I mean, I suppose I can understand Cosmo, but Chris has that much dedicated to him?

Huh. That's interesting.

If you mean just Sticks[ for right now(?)], then just write them in in a way that has them gel more with the Modern side of things while still maintaining some degree of the aspects that made them special in the first place.(Which isn't actually that much of a divergence, mind you.)

 

I'm going to need proof on that claim. Agreed I could see Cosmo but Chris being popular? One of the low points of x was him and his family imo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Correction: It shows that Uekawa (and whoever else manages Sonic Channel) remembers Sonic X fondly and likes to indulge fans of the series. I have no idea how involved the rest of Sonic Team is, and I honestly find it pretty unlikely that someone like, say, Iizuka has all that much investment in either Sonic Channel or Sonic X. 

That's fair.

8 hours ago, Razule said:

Isn't there something about Decoe and Bocoe?

Decoe and Bocoe's designs deviate only slightly from the characters Epsilon and Omega from the 1991 anime Emergency Departure Rescue Kids. The series was also produced by TMS, so it's likely TMS alteady owned them and therefore Sega would also own them. The fact their designs were derivitive of a non-Sonic work may have played a part in Sonic Team introducing Orbot and Cubot to fill a similar role. So Sega owns Decoe and Bocoe no question though.

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I'm going to need proof on that claim. Agreed I could see Cosmo but Chris being popular? One of the low points of x was him and his family imo.

 

You can see the fan art section of Sonic Channel website for yourself. I don't have hard numbers, that's just what I remember seeing. For the record though, Cosmo does show up significantly more than Chris. He just shows up more often than other non-video game characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

If we live in UK, does it mean the comics will be available on Comixology in 4 hours even if in US the day begins later ???

Insert pic here of Han Solo saying "That's not how the Force works", but "time zones" replaces "The Force".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

If we live in UK, does it mean the comics will be available on Comixology in 4 hours even if in US the day begins later ???

Considering the IDW app didn’t update with the first issue until what was the early hours of Thursday morning for us, I’m gonna go with no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I hope I hope we get a Sonic Universe too!

But when? Issue 30-40 sounds good to start.

IDW gave MLP a 2nd ongoing after 12-13 issues. So if sales are good I can see them giving another Sonic comic around 20 issues in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Is out on Play Store.

I read it. It was just great.

I think Amy was never this well written before.

If I gave the first issue a 7/10 this one gets a 10/10, I loved it.

Oh. I've been expecting/hoping it'd be more enjoyable than the Tails one was anyway.

Though the Knuckles one will definitely be the best

Good news! :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Is out on Play Store.

I read it. It was just great.

I think Amy was never this well written before.

If I gave the first issue a 7/10 this one gets a 10/10, I loved it.

Cool! 

Wait, are you joking, or serious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

image.png.7f26818f1201aa8d1a4758e0bc1611ff.png

Oh Ian and his incorporating song lyrics into dialogue..

I liked this issue a lot more than the first, it felt like there was more going on. I like Sonic and Amy's dynamic. She has a personality beyond liking Sonic, and still likes Sonic while not being weird about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See, I think part of the issue (uh, not the physical kind) on my end is that I'm not about to give kudos for something Ian's been doing for years in the reboot. It was refreshing when she had been treated so badly pre-reboot, but five years on (it's been five years, sheesh) it's to be expected at this point. 

Further compounding this for Amy is her game portrayal. Despite being characterised the way he's always been, I can least understand people giving kudos for Tails' appearance when contrasted with Sonic Forces the game. But Amy was portrayed fine in Sonic Forces, all these comments about her "not being portrayed as a blind fangirl" and such are kinda forgetting that Forces didn't have that issue either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

all these comments about her "not being portrayed as a blind fangirl" and such are kinda forgetting that Forces didn't have that issue either.

Even Lost World didn't have that issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought issue 2 was great, and better than the first.

I really loved how Amy was portrayed. Honestly, it makes you wonder why Knuckles is the leader of the resistance, when Amy is the one with the better strategies. Even Sonic acknowledges this.

Amy was more mature and patient with Sonic. She still loved Sonic, but knew when to put her flirting aside. Not only that, but she had some very kick ass moments, while still keeping her cute personality. 

Sonic may have been kind of a jerk at first, but I loved how he was honest with Amy. He told her how he can’t follow orders, and needs to do things his way. He assured Amy that she had things under control. Despite this, he offered to have her tag along on his mission to find out who is behind these new robot attacks.

It was very mature of Amy to not blindly follow Sonic, she chose to go back with the resistance, while telling Sonic the reason she loves him, is because he’ll never change his ways. 

I must admit this is getting kind of tedious though, to see Sonic asking a member of the resistance to join him, just to see them decline his offer and split paths. We already got that with Tails, and the same thing happened with Amy. Gee, I wonder how issue 3 with Knuckles will end?... Hopefully these kind of endings will wear off soon, and we’ll get to see more of Tails, Amy, and Knuckles tagging along with Sonic.

This was a great issue, I loved the interactions and development between Sonic and Amy. It had a great mix of banter, humor, and understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

See, I think part of the issue (uh, not the physical kind) on my end is that I'm not about to give kudos for something Ian's been doing for years in the reboot. It was refreshing when she had been treated so badly pre-reboot, but five years on (it's been five years, sheesh) it's to be expected at this point. 

Further compounding this for Amy is her game portrayal. Despite being characterised the way he's always been, I can least understand people giving kudos for Tails' appearance when contrasted with Sonic Forces the game. But Amy was portrayed fine in Sonic Forces, all these comments about her "not being portrayed as a blind fangirl" and such are kinda forgetting that Forces didn't have that issue either.

Good point, but.. credit where credit's due! Like, yeah, we can expect Ian Flynn to know how to write the characters at this point, but it's still nice to see it. And in these character-focused stories, there's not really much else to say yet.

Though the reviews acting like IDW is the first time Sonic characters have ever been written competently confuse me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.