Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

5 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

Could someone possibly provide some quotes from our mystery villain in Issue 2, if there are any? I haven't been able to read the issues in full yet, but I did get a look at the final page of Issue 1, trying to figure out who it might be.

Spoiler

???: Another failure. I did not account for how much Amy Rose has grown. And now Sonic is deviating from my projected path. How... frustrating.

Orbot: On the bright side, boss, here's what he's charging headlong towards. (referring to Rough and Tumble)

???: Ahh, perhaps they will finish him for me...

30 minutes ago, SaberX said:

Indeed.

On a sidenote, lets see whats happens when Sonic meets Knuckles.

I'm expecting/hoping that will be the best issue of this arc, though this Amy issue was pretty good. 

2 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

Could someone possibly provide some quotes from our mystery villain in Issue 2, if there are any? I haven't been able to read the issues in full yet, but I did get a look at the final page of Issue 1, trying to figure out who it might be.

Spoiler

Another Failure. I did not account for how much Amy Rose has grown.

And now Sonic is Deviating from my projected path. How...frustrating.

[On the bright side, Boss, here's what he's charging headlong towards.]

Ahh...perhaps they will finish him for me...

not sure if this is the right place to post this but was wondering what the possibilities of Sonic Mega drive being republished and concluded (Overdrive) with IDW?

Just now, rid1ey said:

not sure if this is the right place to post this but was wondering what the possibilities of Sonic Mega drive being republished and concluded (Overdrive) with IDW?

I'd love to see a conclusion!

4 minutes ago, rid1ey said:

What kinda legal stuff would go into Archie doing a licensed miniseries nowadays?

6 minutes ago, Ivo the Coldsteel said:

???: Another failure. I did not account for how much Amy Rose has grown. And now Sonic is deviating from my projected path. How... frustrating.

Orbot: On the bright side, boss, here's what he's charging headlong towards. (referring to Rough and Tumble)

???: Ahh, perhaps they will finish him for me...

Hmm...

Okay, I now feel pretty confident in my guess.

Spoiler

That guess being Eggman Nega.

He has history with Sonic (and a fair few of his friends, if we count both the Rush and Rivals games), often prefers to set things up behind the scenes, and is more of a cold, calculative type compared to Eggman. Much like the dialogue suggests.

Plus, I could honestly see Orbot and Cubot suck up to him just like they do to Eggman, and his appearance here could very much explain why Blaze pops up in Issue 4.

If it does turn out to be someone else, then colour me surprised. But for now, this is my definitive guess.

4 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

Hmm...

Okay, I now feel pretty confident in my guess.

Hide contents

That guess being Eggman Nega.

He has history with Sonic (and a fair few of his friends, if we count both the Rush and Rivals games), often prefers to set things up behind the scenes, and is more of a cold, calculative type compared to Eggman. Much like the dialogue suggests.

Plus, I could honestly see Orbot and Cubot suck up to him just like they do to Eggman, and his appearance here could very much explain why Blaze pops up in Issue 4.

If it does turn out to be someone else, then colour me surprised. But for now, this is my definitive guess.

Spoiler

I briefly considered that as well.

The key problem (outside of the size issue I brought up in Issue 1) is that the time traveling Doctor has no real history with Amy.

Spoiler

Nega seems plausible. But so does Metal Sonic -- he has a history with Amy and has taken control of Eggman's army in the past (also notice how they're using the traditional Egg Pawns from Heroes and not the Forces ones like on the cover). 

Hoping it's Nega though, since he's never made a proper appearance in the comics yet. Metal wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Or maybe it's someone new!

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:
  Hide contents

The key problem (outside of the size issue I brought up in Issue 1) is that the time traveling Doctor has no real history with Amy.

What the hell does Doctor Who have to do with this co-oh wait.

(...still salty that Sonic and DW missed out on sharing a publisher thus making a crossover a little more likely by five years)

2 minutes ago, Ivo the Coldsteel said:
  Hide contents

(also notice how they're using the traditional Egg Pawns from Heroes and not the Forces ones like on the cover). 

Which I'd find humorous, if this turns out to be true.

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm wondering if it's someone from Modern Sonic's past.

I'm just gonna stop ya right there before the floor starts moving.

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:
  Hide contents

I see no one sitting on that chair. Perhaps it's Eggman hidden somewhere, and he communicates with Orbot by distance.

You know what, that's the only way I'd buy it being him, given the chair's size.

What does that remind me of, though? 

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not quite; Amy was the first heroic character he attacked with his camera in Rivals, he used her card to show Sonic and Tails what it could do (before the live demonstration with Tails).

Say, can someone who can tweet ask Mr. Flynn if Sheepy had a name and/or designation in the script?

7 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hide contents

Not quite; Amy was the first heroic character he attacked with his camera in Rivals, he used her card to show Sonic and Tails what it could do (before the live demonstration with Tails).

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Probably because I barely observed anything from that game and she has nothing to do with the more engaging follow up.

26 minutes ago, DabigRG said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

He did capture Amy in Sonic Rivals. That was one of the reasons why Sonic was going after "Eggman" in the first place.

Other than that, and her very brief cameo in Rush... Yeah, what's there is limited. But keep in mind, this is still IDW's version of events, so things may be a little different than the games proper.

EDIT: Ninja'd by VEDJ-F.

21 minutes ago, Ivo the Coldsteel said:
  Hide contents

Nega seems plausible. But so does Metal Sonic -- he has a history with Amy and has taken control of Eggman's army in the past (also notice how they're using the traditional Egg Pawns from Heroes and not the Forces ones like on the cover). 

Hoping it's Nega though, since he's never made a proper appearance in the comics yet. Metal wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Or maybe it's someone new!

Spoiler

Metal was another one that came to mind. But as you say, it wouldn't be as much of a surprise. Consider him my number 2 guess, at least.

As for someone new... I dunno. Wasn't there an interview where Ian and/or another member of the comic team mentioned an old foe from Sonic's past being the villain (or at least, a major player) in the first year of the comics?

20 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm wondering if it's someone from Modern Sonic's past.

Spoiler

I mean... Nega pretty much fits that bill.

He's been a major villain in at least two notable Sonic games, and is still acknowledged to some extent.

Edited by NegaMetallix

Hide contents

While it's kinda glossed over, he did capture Amy in Sonic Rivals. That was one of the reasons why Sonic was going after "Eggman" in the first place.

Other than that, and her very brief cameo in Rush... Yeah, what's there is limited. But keep in mind, this is still IDW's version of events, so things may be a little different than the games proper.

Very true. It'd be interesting considering a certain flow was broken around the same time he was introduced.

Hide contents

As for someone new... I dunno. Wasn't there an interview where Ian and/or another member of the comic team mentioned an old for from Sonic's past being the villain (or at least, a major player) in the first year of the comics?

Spoiler

To be exact, the phrasing seemed to hover around the villain being related to a certain smaller, obscure element from Sonic's Past(and/or Classic era). 

29 minutes ago, Jack the Maniac said:
  Hide contents

It's someone obscure according to Ian. It's definitely from Sonic's past, but... technically they are not in a limbo, only Mighty and Ray are in that because they appear in Mania.

Spoiler

I see. To be honest, I'd argue that Nega is obscure enough to still be a possibility, though I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

For now, my money's still on him being our mystery villain.

Anyway, I should probably see if my local comic store is bringing in these comics...

He was apparently off limits because Sega didn't know what to do with him after Rivals muddled his whole backstory. He didn't even have a Sonic Channel profile until recently. Now he does have a profile (which firmly established him as Eggman's descendant), got his own comic strip, and was a playable character in the last Mario and Sonic game, so they appear to have figured out what to do with him now. Maybe?

1 hour ago, NikoS said:

Oh, i really like these characters designs.

Reveal hidden contents

alex_01.png

Nice to see them finally break from the Forces aesthetic with new characters. And I speculate that this is a new character, and Nega will be his pawn.