Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Spoiler

I really like this second comic it has the most respectful Sonic I've ever seen yet when he was dealing with Amy's feelings!  I really did miss seeing Amy being hit by cupid's arrow but at the ending was the best where she had to try hard not to squeeze him when Sonic was standing there monologuing to himself!

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah definitely better than the first issue. I liked Sonic and Tails banter more, but the banter here did better and show a side of Sonic and how he is in this universe now compared to before. Art was also better here as well as the fights. Story was slightly better, but otherwise more or less the same. Next issue oughta change things up with Rough and Tumble...

Did anyone get download links for their comics from the Sega Shop bundle? We were supposed to get them "as they released" supposedly.

4 hours ago, Razule said:

I don't think them being villains would make them any less susceptible to SEGA's mandates. He won't be able to give Infinite a name unless SEGA reveals it first. Heck, his name might just be "Infinite".

His name is just Infinite, Ian's already asked that one. 

Seeing Amy Rose in this comic really makes me miss being able to draw her.

Seeing Sonic character's hands sometimes makes me dislike how big they are.

29 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Play Sonic Riders and then come back, it'll make you appreciate their hands not being as huge as in Sonic Riders :P

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Oh yeah? Well, maybe you're hands are too small!

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

His name is just Infinite, Ian's already asked that one. 

Where?

Issue 2 picked up, and I quite enjoyed it. ABT's art is top-heckin'-notch and really brought the issue to life, and Flynn is really getting this series in a great direction.

I think I really really like this portrayal of Amy. She clearly loves Sonic, and accepts letting him have to do his own thing. Plus, her as this sort of "commander" works well on her character, I can see this "Resistance" aspect working out. And her swooning over Sonic's free spirit clearly showing itself made me smile, two characters showing their true selves, I love it so much!

There was a teeny tiny amount of world building, which was neat. And seeing no "As seen in #1!" editor note when Sonic referred to his talk with Tails felt weird. Maybe it's a sign that Archie Sonic had a super weird habit of adding unnecessary editor notes.

• Thumbs Up 2

So it could be:

Spoiler

Metal Sonic - because in his Neo form he can shape shift into Eggman

Eggman Nega - would explain why Blaze appears in issue 4, but then why isn't she here more often?

Zavok - this is interesting... he can control robots, so it explains why Orbot and Cubot are following him

Infinite - I doubt it because it's too soon after Forces

However none of those are obscure, in fact they are the most recurring/important Sonic villains.

I'm still guessing

Spoiler

Battle Kukku Lord

for some reason, but it would be awesome if it was

Spoiler

The guy from the Sonic 1 Concept Art, that's my dream.

Issue #2 was good. The Sonic and Amy stuff was very fun to read. She has grown. I like that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

10 hours ago, Tenko said:

Yes...but Ian described the character as someone obscure from a past title. I wouldn't call Metal Sonic obscure by any stretch of the word.

What if totally out of nowhere it's Void? She's the only one that really fits the Obscure description.

Anyway I liked the last issue but this one was a blast. Great Action, Great Art and Amy being competent and not totally ruled by her crush on Sonic. A really good issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

What if totally out of nowhere it's Void? She's the only one that really fits the Obscure description.

1 Void is a boy.

2 If we stretch 'obscure' to it's limit, we can talk about Wendy, Battle Armada, Storybook villains, any smart Badniks, Dark Brotherhood, Whiskers, Nack, Tails Doll and few more.

2 That would be crazy twist, but has no bases. Ignoring living in different location or lack of skills to pull it out, Void was redeemed by the end of Shuffle. Dreamcast Sonic was reforming his villains faster than My Little Pony.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering how IDW usually handle second printing variants-usually not changing the cover at all with maybe a differently coloured IDW logo in the corner-this is one of their more effortful attempts.

20 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Void is a boy.

Correction: Void is a man.

22 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

In other news, as IDW's article implies, it's getting YET ANOTHER COVER

1398b886-c1c5-4a7d-a7a4-52818ce11817.jpe

It looks nice, but... It's incredibly lazy. Come on, you guys, chill it with the variants.

Let me guess.. it's $99.99.

35 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

In other news, as IDW's article implies, it's getting YET ANOTHER COVER

1398b886-c1c5-4a7d-a7a4-52818ce11817.jpe

It looks nice, but... It's incredibly lazy. Come on, you guys, chill it with the variants.

Are you kidding? Thas the best cover yet.

3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Are you kidding? Thas the best cover yet.

It'd be even better if it was literally just the Sonic logo