IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

10 minutes ago, Razule said:

It'd be even better if it was literally just the Sonic logo

Actually it doesn't look as bad as i thought it would:

1_logo_var.png

• Way Past Cool 1

3 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

A blank cover for convention signings would be great, actually.

Then I shall get it, find my way to America, and get every single person involved in the IDW Sonic series to sign it! >:D

...Too bad I can't get to America, making the cover totally useless for me :p

Just now, NikoS said:

1_logo_var.png

it looks like an eb games placeholder cover

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

13 minutes ago, NikoS said:

1_logo_var.png

It'd be even better'er..  if it was just the letter S..?

24 minutes ago, NikoS said:

1_logo_var.png

....I actually like that

Put the little design thingies on the background on this site

It would be perfect

• Thumbs Up 1

Fantastic to hear they sold out and it’s getting a 2nd print. Good news for people who missed out.

3 hours ago, Polkadi said:

There was a teeny tiny amount of world building, which was neat. And seeing no "As seen in #1!" editor note when Sonic referred to his talk with Tails felt weird. Maybe it's a sign that Archie Sonic had a super weird habit of adding unnecessary editor notes.

To be fair, they did have a lot of older stories that were important to understand some of the context.

2 hours ago, Jack the Maniac said:

So it could be:

Hide contents

Metal Sonic - because in his Neo form he can shape shift into Eggman

Eggman Nega - would explain why Blaze appears in issue 4, but then why isn't she here more often?

Zavok - this is interesting... he can control robots, so it explains why Orbot and Cubot are following him

Infinite - I doubt it because it's too soon after Forces

The issue with the third is that we would've been able to see part of him, not to mention that it would've been more obvious while talking to the Shapebots.

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

What if totally out of nowhere it's Void? She's the only one that really fits the Obscure description.

Void was a dude, dude. And he's essentially dead, as far as I can tell.

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

2 That would be crazy twist, but has no bases. Ignoring living in different location or lack of skills to pull it out, Void was redeemed by the end of Shuffle. Dreamcast Sonic was reforming his villains faster than My Little Pony.

To be fair, Void was just really confused and melancholically empty, as opposed to Chaos being really pissed off and wanting to destroy everything.

1 hour ago, Razule said:

It'd be even better'er..  if it was just the letter S..?

We went too far:

1_s_var.png

55 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

....I actually like that

Put the little design thingies on the background on this site

It would be perfect

Yeah, i actually really like how this looks:

1_logo_var_v2.png

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Just now, NikoS said:

We went too far:

Yeah, i actually really like how this looks:

1_logo_var_v2.png

It looks like a cover for like the first of a giant anthology

• Thumbs Up 2

*cough* someone put the Switch logo there and pass it around the webs as a fake leak for a new Switch exclusive game

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Razule said:

*cough* someone put the Switch logo there and pass it around the webs as a fake leak for a new Switch exclusive game

Say its generations DX or something with more playable characters and more levels

5 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Where?

Twitter, he was replying to someone putting their fan ideas for Infinite. 

32 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Interesting. Her name is Lanolin. :eyes:

Oh, gettin straight Garfield and Friends up on dis farm!

I was just thinking...and I can't imagine this not having been discussed, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

We have the vast majority of the Archie comic creatives moved over to the new book. Has there been any mention of Spaz making a return? You'd figure one of the most prolific professional Sonic artists of all time would show up at some point, especially from the get-go of a new book. Plus, he still does the occasional Sonic stuff (interior art for several Sonic books). Have we heard any mention of him showing up on the new comic?

2 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

Interesting. Her name is Lanolin. :eyes:

Adorable. Over the past few years, Sonic comics have employed the cream of the crop when it comes to great character designs.

• Thumbs Up 4

Lanolin is confirmed adorbz.

Although I will give further props to the name if it turns out she's a beauty stylist or something lol. It could work on so many levels.

Good to see we've reached the re-print threshold too. The comics look to be getting on their feet early. Doesn't effect me much, since I am waiting to buy the box set of the first few issues, but its good news all the same.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Lanolin is confirmed adorbz.

Although I will give further props to the name if it turns out she's a beauty stylist or something lol. It could work on so many levels.

She's a background character, she wasn't even scripted to be anything, it's doubtful we'll ever see her again. 

I think that's my one issue in terms of that design'; she sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the background characters and there's ultimately no reason why that is. The rest follow the Forces template but have ABT's flair so they're still clearly his, but Lanolin is pretty much designed like a recurring character despite that not being the case. 

2 hours ago, Korke said:

#2 was a lot better. This is what the first issue was supposed to be like.

Issue 1 was suppose to be a comic where Sonic and Amy defeats some robots, talk about something that we didn't see, and still doesn't explain much?

But with better action.

6 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

She's a background character, she wasn't even scripted to be anything, it's doubtful we'll ever see her again. 

I think that's my one issue in terms of that design'; she sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the background characters and there's ultimately no reason why that is. The rest follow the Forces template but have ABT's flair so they're still clearly his, but Lanolin is pretty much designed like a recurring character despite that not being the case. 

I figured it was just a case of people really liking a specific background character a lot more than the comic team expected.

Kinda like how Conquering Storm grew onto folks when she initially wasn’t that major a character.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

25 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

I figured it was just a case of people really liking a specific background character a lot more than the comic team expected.

Kinda like how Conquering Storm grew onto folks when she initially wasn’t that major a character.

I think there's a slight difference, though; the Bride of Conquering Storm (the original incarnation) was at least a named character from the get-go and had an important position in a story, even if she only served to end Lightning Lynx's sub-plot in the Iron Dominion arc. Lanolin wasn't, and was just there as one of many characters who were feeding exposition from the village, hence why they were all described as just villagers in the script.. However, she's got a way more elaborate design than her fellow background characters, which is probably why people are getting confused on her status (as shown by Flynn's Twitter).