Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Not really, but I do wonder how exactly Amy got word of Sonic's actions.

News alert?

Edit: whoops

1 minute ago, Razule said:

News alert?

Edit: whoops

I actually wonder what Rough and Tumble will be like. They seem to be a bombastic duo, so I'm wonder if they'll be intelligent. 

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I actually wonder what Rough and Tumble will be like. They seem to be a bombastic duo, so I'm wonder if they'll be intelligent. 

I can't see them exactly being masterminds, but probably not too dumb. Like, not Scratch and Grounder dumb. 

7 minutes ago, Razule said:

I can't see them exactly being masterminds, but probably not too dumb. Like, not Scratch and Grounder dumb. 

Plus, do they have special abilities/skills?

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Is that a joke or is that canon?

EDIT:

This does kind of raise the question as to why Amy only got one episode to herself in season 2 and did not help out much in the finale, but that's just my opinion.

What gets me is that Boom Amy had so little moments in Boom to shine with only six episodes for her with most of them having bad endings for her yet she gets call more kick butt in Boom then her past self like in Heroes where she did more fighting is her love for Sonic really that much of a problem. 

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

From their designs, small one is crafty, and big one is tough. Skunk stink powers are too.. crass.

6 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I wonder how they will handle Knuckles being lead of the resistance and guardian of master emerald.

It wont really be a thing, and most of the characters will not operate as the resistance exists. 

You know goddamn well team dark is doing shit by themselves. And as soon as stories start, Chaotix will be doing their own thing, and so on and so forth. 

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Judging by their appearances, their poses on the variant cover, and their photos in Issue 2, I kinda imagine less dedicated versions of Zazz and Zavok or more ferocious Bean and Bark.

54 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I've been trying to think of that myself. Given that they're meant to be major villains down the line, the first thing I can imagine is a variation on Geoffrey's Wind Powers.

Otherwise, Rough might have his own version of the spindash and Tumble's weird hair may tie in to some other ability

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Shadowlax said:

It wont really be a thing, and most of the characters will not operate as the resistance exists. 

You know goddamn well team dark is doing shit by themselves. And as soon as stories start, Chaotix will be doing their own thing, and so on and so forth. 

The Resistance itself is still clearly a thing, though. It's just that the major recurring characters will be sorta doing their own things/missions when we see thing.

Just now, Razule said:

Smoke, more like

Oh yeah, that is how it manifested. For whatever reason, I recall thinking it was derived from the Wind Element.

Just now, DabigRG said:

The Resistance itself is still clearly a thing, though. It's just that the major recurring characters will be sorta doing their own things/missions when we see thing.

Ehhhh? Is it

A bunch of the sonic characters came together to fight eggman, this is no different than usual. It had a name this time, and I wouldn't be surprised if its really quickly stops being a thing or a term used. Everyone has their own shit to do, and aren't really apart of a resistance, they just helped fight eggman, like they ussually do. The only people I could see on a resistance, is... Knuckles, the chaotix and amy. That's your all star team I guess

This is ontop of, I'm pretty sure that nomenclature will cease as soon as they don't have to any of the forces stuff anymore. 

27 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Judging by their appearances, their poses on the variant cover, and their photos in Issue 2, I kinda imagine less dedicated versions of Zazz and Zavok or more ferocious Bean and Bark.

Ah, that's what felt familiar about them.

I wonder if that means Bean and Bark would have a completely different role, if they ever appear?

2 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Ah, that's what felt familiar about them.

I wonder if that means Bean and Bark would have a completely different role, if they ever appear?

They’re apparently classic-only. They were also apparently good in the games. Probably Bean being the same wacko as before, but Bark being more like Big.

Spoiler

30630006_1379226702223639_3549597478752155377_n.thumb.jpg.8b2ca05334bdf939820da89f2800cb42.jpg I love how Amy's tail wags when she is asking Sonic to come back with her, Its a such a adorable little detail!

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:
  Reveal hidden contents

30630006_1379226702223639_3549597478752155377_n.thumb.jpg.8b2ca05334bdf939820da89f2800cb42.jpg I love how Amy's tail wags when she is asking Sonic to come back with her, Its a such a adorable little detail!

I just noticed that. Why don't characters' tails waggle much in the actual games is a mystery to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I just noticed that. Why don't characters' tails waggle much in the actual games is a mystery to me.

Pfff, why don't the characters do anything interesting in their animations is the better question.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Fist Bump 1

53 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Well, besides Tails :D

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

So you forget you are trying to take animals with giant white ass looney toons gloves seriously. 

That isn't a joke. 

Sonic, Knuckles, Silver, Blaze, Shadow , Espio, ect aren't doing the tail wag. Or most of the traits assigned to their animal tbh

Though the idea of sonic liking being under giant cups is funny

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

They always look so stiff...

How many orders do the comic shops need to make to get Cover E the second incentive cover? I've noticed it seems to go for between $80-$90 US. Which is a huge jump from the $20 odd for the first incentive cover as well as the incentive covers for the following issues.

One thing that would be interesting for me is a comic (maybe a mini-series) spin-off that talks about the resistance, because they are always in the background, both in Forces in those character bubbles or here where we see 1 member at a time, but... yeah, what happened with Knuckles, Amy, Silver, Vector, Charmy and Espio, the original resistance, during the months Sonic was trapped on the Death Egg and Shadow was stuck in the Virtual Reality by Infinite? Without the biggest heroes, it would be cool to see how Knuckles and the minor characters managed to survive during the beginning of the war. Just my idea/wish, a Forces adaptation would be cool too, seeing as it was an exciting base idea.

Finished reading issue two and it was really good.

Seems like there's some small world building going on. Park Avenue looks to be a usual park/city town but the Avatar’s Green Hill (I can’t remember for the life of me the name of the Avatar’s Green Hill stage) is developing to be more village like. (At least that's what I think it is)

Amy's personality and interactions with Sonic and the background characters is one of the few highlights of this issue. It’s actually pretty nice. Amy is still in love with Sonic, but when it came to him stating his reasons why he refused to join the Resistance again, she respected that decision and stated that him being a free spirit was one of the reasons why she likes him. And she’s not always after Sonic either, we see her with some leadership skills, telling the military what to do when another attack comes. I was partially reminded of Boom Amy in that segment, but it was pretty nice.

There is plenty of action in this issue and while most of the moves used is recently game-centric (boost and double boost) there’s also some cool new moves such as Sonic boosting and spindashing in the Death Crab at the same time. I also liked how Amy spinned and attacked the badniks with her hammer.

It’s the art that makes the amusing moments this time, the expressions are so anime like and it’s fitting considering the situation. (Although Sonic in the first page looked a little weird, the art does get better later on.) We have Amy puffing her cheeks, to really cute happy faces and then we have Sonic with his smirk to making exasperated expressions when Amy starts to fawn about him. The coloring is pretty nice too! Sometimes it gives off Black Knight vibes but the sunset like tone to it is pretty fitting and can make some panels like this-

tumblr_inline_p76dqhpTXP1taxesp_400.jpg

look pretty pretty freaking epic. Also, the way Sonic refuses to join the Resistance again was pretty cool. Him being with the Freedom Fighters was alright, but seeing him go his own way is pretty refreshing to be honest.

So yeah the second issue was pretty good. Let's see how issue 3 will fare.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bit late in posting my thoughts but as an Amy fan I adored Issue 2.  This is exactly how I imagine her mainline personality to be and it's such a shame the game writers never do anything remotely fun and interesting with her interactions like this.

• Thumbs Up 4

Finally read the first two issues this morning. Thought the first issue was very bland and I was amazed when I finished it as it seemed nothing of note had actually happened. The second issue was better though, as already noted, Amy was a highlight. 

Interesting to see where they will take the series but I do think original characters will be key in keeping things fresh. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Maybe SEGA sees them more closer to humans than animal? Tail wags or any obvious "animal-like behavior" will get in the way of portraying them more as a person(-ification).

...yeah I'm confused.