Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

21 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Agree to Disagree then, I don't feel that way. Would rather she stick with Boom if it continues on, rather than cling onto the Modern Universe.

People are saying that Boom is dead, and Classic may become the different branch Boom was meant to be, so yeah, can't blame them for wanting to save something that fits in the Sonic universe.

10 minutes ago, Jack the Maniac said:

People are saying that Boom is dead, and Classic may become the different branch Boom was meant to be, so yeah, can't blame them for wanting to save something that fits in the Sonic universe.

I honestly don't think she fits...at least as a main character. I'd rather just let it go personally, than pollute the main series.

I would personally love to have Sticks in the comic because I'd love to see what could be done with her in a setting where G.U.N. exists.

Of course I dunno how that'd work out if they don't use G.U.N. because of the two worlds thing, so whatever. Wouldn't mind having her around anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

I doubt it'd be like Boom where she's around in nearly every story. I can handle her in occasional doses.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ian says there will be an answer to when we'll see Sticks tomorrow.

No previews today, so they'll probably be tomorrow.

Spoiler

6094904d764794f04abe41fad41f944147d20f23

• Chuckle 1

12 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

I honestly don't think she fits...at least as a main character. I'd rather just let it go personally, than pollute the main series.

There is nothing to pollute, she is not Marine thankfully. And yes she does fit, not only as a design made by Sonic Team, but as a character full of personality, and with nice interactions with Amy and Tails. But no, she would not be a main character like in Boom, more like recurring cast. It's not like Boom used her well though, as I said, in most episodes she is just silent and only opens her mouth for a conspiracy theory, so that's not a good argument to use against her, because it doesn't show her personality.

1 hour ago, Jack the Maniac said:

There is nothing to pollute, she is not Marine thankfully. And yes she does fit, not only as a design made by Sonic Team, but as a character full of personality, and with nice interactions with Amy and Tails. But no, she would not be a main character like in Boom, more like recurring cast. It's not like Boom used her well though, as I said, in most episodes she is just silent and only opens her mouth for a conspiracy theory, so that's not a good argument to use against her, because it doesn't show her personality.

I'd much prefer Marine to her honestly. I like her much more, especially when they acknowledge she's annoying. Though Sticks "personality" is honestly incredibly shallow and uninteresting if you ask me. I don't think she has any business being in the modern universe besides just being shoved on in if things don't work out for Boom. 

16 hours ago, Jack the Maniac said:

Biggest mystery than the secret villain.

Anyway, I don't think Sticks needs to be deeper, just... better used I guess? Boom used her in most episodes just to say her one liners, not to show her personality, which I believe is really fresh and energetic.

2 hours ago, Jack the Maniac said:

Ironically enough, I'd actually make the case that Sticks was more wacky in the Boom comic than she actually was in the show.

Really, the problem with Sticks in the Boom show(aka where she got the most exposure) was that they seldom took advantage of her from a character depth perspective. Granted, we've had episodes where she tries becoming more ingratiated in society, is briefly paired up with Dave and Orbot of all characters, and even a select few episodes that touched on her upbringing(if you can call it that) and delved into her Freudian(?) ancestry(one of my favorite episodes, actually)--those were nice and all, but we didn't really get much follow up on her stated origins with Team Sonic, for example. And the gag-based nature of the show usually kept her in particular from having much in the way of emotional conflicts, even with her more antisocial traits fading over time.

The IDW comic would inherently give her opportunities to flex as a character, thanks in part to getting to interact with the "real" version of the other characters, with Knuckles in particular being one I'm interested in.

• Thumbs Up 4

Speaking of Sticks, @SenEDDtor Missile had an interesting point on RedFox's feed: instead of just having her paranoid misgivings and absurd speculations always be there as something to laugh at, maybe have some of it legitimately affect her. Whether that means carrying around a misinterpretation of something she's learned of in the past or having a noticeable phobia that makes her seem more vulnerable than she tends to willingly put on, a fear of the strange or unknown is something that is relateable. 

Play it for Drama, essentially.

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Interesting. I was interested in his response because we learned about schizophrenia in one of my classes

Nice , I’m all up for Sticks being part of the main cast. I like Sonic Boom and Sticks is brilliant. There’s also a few others from Boom I’d like to see like Comedy chimp and Dave the intern. Even if they just did a cameo every so often , that would be cool.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Speaking of Sticks, @SenEDDtor Missile had an interesting point on RedFox's feed: instead of just having her paranoid misgivings and absurd speculations always be there as something to laugh at, maybe have some of it legitimately affect her. Whether that means carrying around a misinterpretation of something she's learned of in the past or having a noticeable phobia that makes her seem more vulnerable than she tends to willingly put on, a fear of the strange or unknown is something that is relateable. 

I'm sorry but that's boring. If I wanted to see actual damaging Conspiracy Theories I'd watch InfoWars. I'd rather have Sticks be Sticks.

5 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'd rather have Sticks be Sticks.

I agree , If I had to introduce her I’d keep it simple with her being introduced to sonic with a line like: “Wow , You move so much faster with less tape” that would be a nice nod and wink through the fourth wall. Or something to that effect.

If the FFs get to be dead in a ditch then I say Sticks deserves worse the same treatment.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 2

20 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Bubmblekast is now on youtube

It's always been on Youtube.

12 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Nice , I’m all up for Sticks being part of the main cast. I like Sonic Boom and Sticks is brilliant. There’s also a few others from Boom I’d like to see like Comedy chimp and Dave the intern. Even if they just did a cameo every so often , that would be cool.

Those two are simultaneously probably the next most likely to immigrate and the least likely to immigrate.

11 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'm sorry but that's boring. If I wanted to see actual damaging Conspiracy Theories I'd watch InfoWars. I'd rather have Sticks be Sticks.

It wouldn't be all the time, obviously. Just a suggestion for a story with her, is all.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

If the FFs get to be dead in a ditch then I say Sticks deserves worse the same treatment.

It's only fair, I guess.

Both or neither?

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

It's only fair, I guess.

Both or neither?

I really want the FFs to come back so I wouldn't be against Sticks returning as well, even if I don't like her as a character. It's possible for her personality to be revamped to be far less zany and stuff, since I don't think she'd work if lifted straight from Boom verbatim. What I'm not keen on is if she gets special treatment due to being an internally-designed character.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

To be fair, the Freedom Fighters had more than 20+ years of comics, plus the cartoon, as it's been said Sticks is new, she's from 2014, she deserves to be in more, especially because, as Ian says in the bumblekast, she's super popular, people keep asking for her to be in the main franchise, so saying that she should get the FF treatment is "cazzimma" where I'm from, which is basically acting like a jerk, to say it in a nice term.

But the Freedom Fighters are very popular too, so I don't see why they shouldn't return either, I think they will, maybe just untie them from their Archie personas so they are free to be used.