Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Just now, Jack the Maniac said:

where I'm from, which is basically acting like a jerk, to say it in a nice term

I wouldn't say jerkish, but it does feel petty that just because some characters aren't going to be in the new comics, then Sticks shouldn't be in it as well in my opinion.

3 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

I'd much prefer Marine to her honestly. 

That may just end up being my general stance on Tangle, wcs.

Anyway, I think I wrote it down somewhere but, again, this is why I love Sticks:

- She's fresh, energetic

- She smashes the 4th wall like nothing, she's special

- She's adorable when she acts paranoid, some people may see it as annoying, but in some cases, I tend to love what other people find not very nice

- Her design, no gloves included

- She is an expert survivalist

- She makes her own weapons, she has a whole arsenal

- Interesting interactions with Amy and Tails

- Doesn't trust technology

- Her conspiracies! Man I love those too

- She is a sort of anti-hero because she doesn't necessarily align with the heroes all the time, but she was quite heroic in Worlds Unite

So basically everything she does, it may be because crazy characters are just so fun to me and I tend to see myself into them, that may be why. I explained my reasoning. Too bad Boom used her as a conspiracy theorist background character.

8 minutes ago, Jack the Maniac said:

so saying that she should get the FF treatment is "cazzimma" where I'm from, which is basically acting like a jerk, to say it in a nice term.

Not sure how I'm being a jerk (or petty, Redfox) when my sentiment stems from indifference and a general dislike towards Sticks rather than spite. And even if it was I'm not insulting anyone who does want her back in.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Not sure how I'm being a jerk when my sentiment stems from indifference towards Sticks rather than spite. And even if it was I'm not insulting anyone who does want her back in.

Thanks it's just... cazzimma, as I said, there's no other word to describe it, really. It's more about the disappointment of lack of the Freedom Fighters.

It's at minute 26, he says she will show up at some point, can't say when because it's "spoilerific".

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jack the Maniac said:

Thanks it's just... cazzimma, as I said, there's no other word to describe it, really.

I'm going by your definition of the word since you were the one who bothered to use it at all and I can't be fucked parsing all these Italian-only results in Google. So if you can't refrain from name-calling then kindly stop responding to me.

Just now, Sean said:

I'm going by your definition of the word since you were the one who bothered to use it at all and I can't be fucked parsing all these Italian-only results in Google. So if you can't refrain from name-calling then kindly stop responding to me.

It's not an insult, it's more a style of life in my city, not italian either. Sorry if you felt insulted.

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cazzimma

Apologizes for my insensitivity.

Granted it's urban dictionary, so it might not be 100%.

It's acting a bit arrogant, I suppose. Please though, let's get back on topic, Ian has answered a lot more interesting questions!

He says basically

Classic Sonic = Past Sonic

Then Mania happens and the Phantom Ruby creates a split timeline. More or less what we thought? I thought the Classic designs wouldn't be a part of the main timeline, but then Generations doesn't make sense. This is a better option.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Jack the Maniac said:

It's acting a bit arrogant, I suppose. Please though, let's get back on topic, Ian has answered a lot more interesting questions!

So, he said he can't really release the unfinished issues.

He also once again confirmed that we're unlikely to see content from X-treme because of some nebulous reasons that don't involve Chris Senn.

• Thumbs Up 3

He says Tangle is nuts, thanks everyone for making her become a success, basically implies it's his favorite original character, I'm assuming she will be a spitfire like Sonic.

• Promotion 1

If Lupe does show up I think she could be retconned to an inhabitant of GHZ with two worlds in mind. Given GHZ is the size of Russia now, maybe have some Eastern European vibes?

28 minutes ago, Jack the Maniac said:

He says basically

Classic Sonic = Past Sonic

*squints in frustration*

If the split point is Mania and caused by the Phantom Ruby, how exactly do Modern Tails and Eggman already know that he's from another dimension now?

• Thumbs Up 1

I should probably watch the Bumblekast since I'm going to try to be following the IDW comics.

Right now though I just wanted to weigh in on the FFs, Sticks, and how Amy was handled in issue 2.

On the Freedom Fighter side, if they were to be introduced into the IDW comic I think the setting is perfect and I could see them actually taking over managing the Resistance so that Knuckles and Amy could join in on Sonic's adventures without worrying about the well being of the Resistance. In that role, due to Knuckles' and Amy's leadership roles they would have good reason to show up regularly but would not take over the comic as they would effectively be tertiary characters who support the setting. I think that would actually be an enjoyable compromise especially for someone like me who did not like the FFs much before 252 over on the Archie side of things.

Sticks is kind of an interesting character to me to consider on a number of different levels. As her personality has already been addressed I'll address her from the stance of being one of Amy's many sidekicks (Team Rose would be pretty big if she got all of her sidekicks from across the myriad of continuities into one place). and the setting. Simply, if she was used as a zany spy who only trusts Amy who helped her out at some point during the Eggman takeover I could see her being an enjoyable comic relief character who also introduces possible plot avenues. It brings her in, keeps her on the down low so she isn't overwhelming, and  allows her to keep her personality in place. A win-win in my opinion.

Finally, Amy in issue 2 was a breath of unexpected fresh air. While Flynn didn't manage to capture the genki girl aspects of the character that I always enjoy the way he handled her crush on Sonic is one of the most enjoyable representations of her character I've ever seen. Watching Amy having to wrestle with her emotions as they threatened to consume her with her responsibilities to the Resistance was an absolute treat. Everything that I saw leading up to the issue and how she had been handled in Boom! left me worrying that she would break the comic for me before it even began but Flynn did a brilliant job of addressing most complaints about Amy and her crush without simply sweeping under the rug, instead showing it still as an integral part of her character. It was a joy to read and I think he handled her even better than he did Tails in issue 1 leaving me hoping that issue 3 will be more of an Amy issue than a Tails issue. I do have my worries regardless though as Knuckles will be the first of the recurring cast to be paired up with new characters and this will show us just how good of a juggler Flynn currently is. I'll cut him a little slack here though since we are getting four issues in one month.

14 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

If Lupe does show up I think she could be retconned to an inhabitant of GHZ with two worlds in mind. Given GHZ is the size of Russia now, maybe have some Eastern European vibes?

Given the map of the world is inconsistent and always will be, maybe should just go his own way with the world map..

1 minute ago, Razule said:

Given the map of the world is inconsistent and always will be, maybe should just go his own way with the world map..

I actually like @Miragnarok thought process especially if one considers all of the Green Hill clones in the series anyway. Though it should be on the ever drifting on the ocean South Island, with places like Park Avenue (and equivalents), as well as Splash Hill, Emerald Hill, Seaside Hill, Neo Green Hill, Mecha Green Hill, etc. the idea of Green Hill being an expansive zone made of numerous sub-zones I think is pretty appealing and opens up the options for some pretty unique locations later on in the comics.

20 minutes ago, Razule said:

*squints in frustration*

If the split point is Mania and caused by the Phantom Ruby, how exactly do Modern Tails and Eggman already know that he's from another dimension now?

Yeah, I really would prefer he just roll with the retcon. Just say the events of the Genesis games happened in Modern but they had the Modern designs.

28 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

It was a joy to read and I think he handled her even better than he did Tails in issue 1 leaving me hoping that issue 3 will be more of an Amy issue than a Tails issue. I do have my worries regardless though as Knuckles will be the first of the recurring cast to be paired up with new characters and this will show us just how good of a juggler Flynn currently is. I'll cut him a little slack here though since we are getting four issues in one month.

I think you have some of the issues mixed up.

1 hour ago, Jack the Maniac said:

so saying that she should get the FF treatment is "cazzimma" where I'm from, which is basically acting like a jerk, to say it in a nice term.

1 hour ago, Jack the Maniac said:

It's not an insult, it's more a style of life in my city, not italian either. Sorry if you felt insulted.

No. You don't get to back out of this like that.

Your intent was clearly to be insulting toward Sean because of they don't believe Sticks deserves special treatment or any kind of preservation in another medium/continuity (fun fact, she doesn't if we're sincerely arguing another group of characters doesn't). If you disagree with someone you can either just move the conversation where you want it to go or you can put some effort into making an actual argument. I mean, you actually managed to do it after all this, so I don't understand your need to comment on Sean in the manner you did at all. This is your first, and only, warning. If I see any more instances of this in this or any other thread,  or statuses or wherever, you will be getting a strike and a probably a suspension, just to drive home that we're done being lenient with you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

@RedFox99 Sorry for the confusion and @Marco9966 thanks for clarifying for me. And just to make sure all of my points are clear, when I say that Knuckles will be the first of the recurring to be paired up with new characters I mean with Rough and tumble in issue 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trying to get back on topic, David Mariotte answered me again on twitter, I seem to get all the answers these days (by asking nicely), he said the preview is coming out today exclusively on the facebook group! If you're not in it, I'm gonna post the pages here, so don't worry (but I'm sure someone will beat me to it.)