Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Razule said:

*squints in frustration*

If the split point is Mania and caused by the Phantom Ruby, how exactly do Modern Tails and Eggman already know that he's from another dimension now?

I mean of all characters, it makes sense those two in particular would be smart enough to figure it out. You'd think even getting a glimpse of future events would change how said events played out, but as far as we could tell the present day timeline was unaltered. Plus even Eggman isn't established as remembering going through those events as his younger self, since he didn't expect to lose in the end--you could wave off Sonic and Tails not remembering as them being younger kids at the time, but that doesn't work for Eggman who was already an adult.

I hope a split timeline deal really is the ~official~ answer and not something Ian thought of because that was my theory and I like being right as far as ways to make sense of Generations go it works well enough. Then again I'm someone who enjoys weird time shit and doesn't really find it as complicated as people make it out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I mean of all characters, it makes sense those two in particular would be smart enough to figure it out. You'd think even getting a glimpse of future events would change how said events played out, but as far as we could tell the present day timeline was unaltered. Plus even Eggman isn't established as remembering going through those events as his younger self, since he didn't expect to lose in the end--you could wave off Sonic and Tails not remembering as them being younger kids at the time, but that doesn't work for Eggman who was already an adult.

I hope a split timeline deal really is the ~official~ answer and not something Ian thought of because that was my theory and I like being right as far as ways to make sense of Generations go it works well enough. Then again I'm someone who enjoys weird time shit and doesn't really find it as complicated as people make it out to be.

Yes Generations causing the split makes sense, but what he says is that it was caused by the Phantom Ruby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I...somehow completely missed that even though you mentioned it in your post too. Fuck.

...Wait, if that's the case, didn't the Ruby being destroyed undo everything it did, so there shouldn't be a split? Unless it was somehow a result of something else the Ruby did, since apparently the damage from Eggman's takeover remained even when the illusions disappeared.

The only way I can make sense of this is that he might've meant the split was already there but the Ruby was needed to establish this since it makes sense that time travel alone wouldn't be capable of taking you to a completely separate timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if it's not the official stance that just means I'm questioning his logic instead of SEGA's. I guess it is moot though and to be honest, now that I think about it there's little difference anyway since the bottom line is the same, it's just that specific order of events is a bit weird to me. Eh... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Espio'd

Anyways, I'm intrigued by the set up of the duo's presence.

Yeah, no kiddin. Like, I never took them for idiots or bumblers like you'd expect, but that was real adept subterfuge on their part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Town that contains a majority of the Wispons used by the Resistance, that's being held captive by menceries, and turned into a prison

Doesn't have a name

...While I can understand the other 2 towns in the last 2 issues being nameless, this one seems more important to warrant a name. This is the only nitpick I have so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Now Rough's silhouette looks like Sally. 

How do we know he isn't this continuity's version of Sally..?

6 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Town that contains a majority of the Wispons used by the Resistance, that's being held captive by menceries, and turned into a prison

Doesn't have a name

...While I can understand the other 2 towns in the last 2 issues being nameless, this one seems more important to warrant a name. This is the only nitpick I have so far.

When they said worldbuilding would be on the down low, they really meant it

Maybe it's so we don't think the towns in the long term are important or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assumed Tumble would be frowning all the time, so it's a surprise to see him grinning like that :o 

4 minutes ago, SaberX said:

I think I like so much the art from the last issue that I kinda feel strange with this one.

The art felt odd by itself, but I agree it stands out more when you compare it with the previous issue.

I wonder if it's because of the outlines?  Postures? The characters not blending well with the background?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally would like world building but a bunch of random towns/villages... I dunno, I kinda don't care about that, I think that if this was 1 world we would have gotten Apotos, Spagonia, etc. and the classic zones inside them, but being 2 worlds those couldn't be used in the animal world. Sad. Issue 4 is said to have Sunset Heights, according to a cover, though, so that's something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jen's pencils/Inks look great and the pair really well with Heather's colors. The plot looks pretty fun always love Sonic and Knuckles teaming up to throw down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Now Rough's silhouette looks like Sally. 

I noticed that as well, but didn't feel like bringing attention to it.

Rough Sin Jin confirmed

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Same. That's almost scary.

Make me wonder what can they do in a fight more.

32 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Town that contains a majority of the Wispons used by the Resistance, that's being held captive by menceries, and turned into a prison

Doesn't have a name

...While I can understand the other 2 towns in the last 2 issues being nameless, this one seems more important to warrant a name. This is the only nitpick I have so far.

Yeah, that is a little weird.

Though to be fair, it's A town that distributes the Wispons.

25 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I assumed Tumble would be frowning all the time, so it's a surprise to see him grinning like that :o 

 

Same here. Maybe he's the smiles to victory type?

Then again, I don't know how you'd do that scene otherwise.

25 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

 

The art felt odd by itself, but I agree it stands out more when you compare it with the previous issue.

I wonder if it's because of the outlines?  Postures? The characters not blending well with the background?

 

It kinda reminds me of a few Sonic X issues.

21 minutes ago, Jack the Maniac said:

 Issue 4 is said to have Sunset Heights, according to a cover, though, so that's something.

Is it now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K, not gonna lie, this isn't how I expected Rough and Tumble to be foreshadowed in that issue.

Although I have a pretty good feeling they'll be given the Nack treatment of being a cunning paper tiger, if that makes sense to anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the use of the term “mercenaries” makes me wonder if Rough and Tumble are related to the same band of mercenaries Infinite was a part of before he decided he wasn’t weak and went crazy and shit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

the use of the term “mercenaries” makes me wonder if Rough and Tumble are related to the same band of mercenaries Infinite was a part of before he decided he wasn’t weak and went crazy and shit 

Idk the Jackal Squad seemed pretty.. exclusive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.