Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, Razule said:

*squints in frustration*

If the split point is Mania and caused by the Phantom Ruby, how exactly do Modern Tails and Eggman already know that he's from another dimension now?

I mean of all characters, it makes sense those two in particular would be smart enough to figure it out. You'd think even getting a glimpse of future events would change how said events played out, but as far as we could tell the present day timeline was unaltered. Plus even Eggman isn't established as remembering going through those events as his younger self, since he didn't expect to lose in the end--you could wave off Sonic and Tails not remembering as them being younger kids at the time, but that doesn't work for Eggman who was already an adult.

I hope a split timeline deal really is the ~official~ answer and not something Ian thought of because that was my theory and I like being right as far as ways to make sense of Generations go it works well enough. Then again I'm someone who enjoys weird time shit and doesn't really find it as complicated as people make it out to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I mean of all characters, it makes sense those two in particular would be smart enough to figure it out. You'd think even getting a glimpse of future events would change how said events played out, but as far as we could tell the present day timeline was unaltered. Plus even Eggman isn't established as remembering going through those events as his younger self, since he didn't expect to lose in the end--you could wave off Sonic and Tails not remembering as them being younger kids at the time, but that doesn't work for Eggman who was already an adult.

I hope a split timeline deal really is the ~official~ answer and not something Ian thought of because that was my theory and I like being right as far as ways to make sense of Generations go it works well enough. Then again I'm someone who enjoys weird time shit and doesn't really find it as complicated as people make it out to be.

Yes Generations causing the split makes sense, but what he says is that it was caused by the Phantom Ruby.

Oh, I...somehow completely missed that even though you mentioned it in your post too. Fuck.

...Wait, if that's the case, didn't the Ruby being destroyed undo everything it did, so there shouldn't be a split? Unless it was somehow a result of something else the Ruby did, since apparently the damage from Eggman's takeover remained even when the illusions disappeared.

The only way I can make sense of this is that he might've meant the split was already there but the Ruby was needed to establish this since it makes sense that time travel alone wouldn't be capable of taking you to a completely separate timeline.

In any case it's moot because it's what Ian says, not the official line. The recaps of Generations in Forces' promo stuff called classic Sonic being from another dimension even in the events of Generations itself. They retconned it. 

Even if it's not the official stance that just means I'm questioning his logic instead of SEGA's. I guess it is moot though and to be honest, now that I think about it there's little difference anyway since the bottom line is the same, it's just that specific order of events is a bit weird to me. Eh... ?

24 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Espio'd

Anyways, I'm intrigued by the set up of the duo's presence.

Yeah, no kiddin. Like, I never took them for idiots or bumblers like you'd expect, but that was real adept subterfuge on their part.

• Promotion 1

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, no kiddin. Like, I never took them for idiots or bumblers like you'd expect, but that was real adept subterfuge on their part.

Same. That's almost scary.

Town that contains a majority of the Wispons used by the Resistance, that's being held captive by menceries, and turned into a prison

Doesn't have a name

...While I can understand the other 2 towns in the last 2 issues being nameless, this one seems more important to warrant a name. This is the only nitpick I have so far.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Now Rough's silhouette looks like Sally. 

How do we know he isn't this continuity's version of Sally..?

6 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Town that contains a majority of the Wispons used by the Resistance, that's being held captive by menceries, and turned into a prison

Doesn't have a name

...While I can understand the other 2 towns in the last 2 issues being nameless, this one seems more important to warrant a name. This is the only nitpick I have so far.

When they said worldbuilding would be on the down low, they really meant it

Maybe it's so we don't think the towns in the long term are important or anything.

I assumed Tumble would be frowning all the time, so it's a surprise to see him grinning like that :o 

4 minutes ago, SaberX said:

I think I like so much the art from the last issue that I kinda feel strange with this one.

The art felt odd by itself, but I agree it stands out more when you compare it with the previous issue.

I wonder if it's because of the outlines?  Postures? The characters not blending well with the background?

I personally would like world building but a bunch of random towns/villages... I dunno, I kinda don't care about that, I think that if this was 1 world we would have gotten Apotos, Spagonia, etc. and the classic zones inside them, but being 2 worlds those couldn't be used in the animal world. Sad. Issue 4 is said to have Sunset Heights, according to a cover, though, so that's something.

Jen's pencils/Inks look great and the pair really well with Heather's colors. The plot looks pretty fun always love Sonic and Knuckles teaming up to throw down. 

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Now Rough's silhouette looks like Sally. 

I noticed that as well, but didn't feel like bringing attention to it.

Rough Sin Jin confirmed

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Same. That's almost scary.

Make me wonder what can they do in a fight more.

32 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Doesn't have a name

Yeah, that is a little weird.

Though to be fair, it's A town that distributes the Wispons.

25 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I assumed Tumble would be frowning all the time, so it's a surprise to see him grinning like that :o 

Same here. Maybe he's the smiles to victory type?

Then again, I don't know how you'd do that scene otherwise.

25 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

The art felt odd by itself, but I agree it stands out more when you compare it with the previous issue.

I wonder if it's because of the outlines?  Postures? The characters not blending well with the background?

It kinda reminds me of a few Sonic X issues.

21 minutes ago, Jack the Maniac said:

Issue 4 is said to have Sunset Heights, according to a cover, though, so that's something.

Is it now? 

K, not gonna lie, this isn't how I expected Rough and Tumble to be foreshadowed in that issue.

Although I have a pretty good feeling they'll be given the Nack treatment of being a cunning paper tiger, if that makes sense to anyone.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

the use of the term “mercenaries” makes me wonder if Rough and Tumble are related to the same band of mercenaries Infinite was a part of before he decided he wasn’t weak and went crazy and shit 

2 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

the use of the term “mercenaries” makes me wonder if Rough and Tumble are related to the same band of mercenaries Infinite was a part of before he decided he wasn’t weak and went crazy and shit 

Idk the Jackal Squad seemed pretty.. exclusive