Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Happy to hear Sticks WILL be coming over to the comics.

Now then Mr Flynn where’s Dave at? :)

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm so glad about the reaction about Sticks being in the comic, I knew she was popular but this makes me more excited, it's a trope that represents me, so I'm just so happy. But yeah, not surprised since wacky crazy characters tend to be appreciated.

Anyway, as I said, I don't think the generic towns matter, it's likely that they will work on Forces' world building, however they can't have just 5 locations, so I'm wondering... uhm, we'll see.

Also, I don't have an issue with Jennifer's work, but it may be too simple, and after ABT's issue I think we expected more. I loved her art in Waves of Change though, so there's that. 

I'm wondering... is Tails in this issue? That variant had him but that probably means nothing, it also had a zone that resembles Mirage Saloon Act 1.

8 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

"Way Past Woke"

Why not? It's MODERN and this is MODERN Sonic!

8 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

" You can miss me with that " 

Too 2010s

10 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Did Sonic say "soloed"?

That's the correct grammer for "Solo" when used as a verb.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

12 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Did Sonic say "soloed"? Whats next he's gonna say "Baller" or "Way Past Woke" next?

Ian needs to stop voicing Sonic in "hipspeak memes", it makes Sonic little more than a product to get kids buying his stuff than a legitimate character. Cringe.

Yeah. He should go back to all his old saying like "Juicing it Loose" and "Way Past Cool" and "Hasta La Vistah Mistah". Clearly those are things people say.

13 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Did Sonic say "soloed"? Whats next he's gonna say "Baller" or "Way Past Woke" next?

Ian needs to stop voicing Sonic in "hipspeak memes", it makes Sonic little more than a product to get kids buying his stuff than a legitimate character. Cringe.

what’s so hip about the word “soloed”? Isn’t that just like a normal word? 

you’re acting like sonic zipped in and dropped the link to his mixtape on SoundCloud or something lmao

• Chuckle 1

13 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

..."solo" is a real word. It's not a "hipspeak meme" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean), it's just...a regular, ordinary word.

Your post is infinitely more cringey than Sonic saying "solo".

If you're gonna call out "cringey" modern things, what about Tails saying Eggman would make an angry vlog.

I didn't mind it, but it did remind me of the "ten terrabytes of selfies" line in Forces

On the topic of the preview, the art aside, I hope we get some good time with Rough and Tumble because the set up for them is making them out to be a worthwhile threat to the Resistance that needs to be addressed and I'm really hoping they're good villains. I'd really like to be able to see them as a threat or just as generally entertaining villains who live up to their set up. Hoping they don't fall flat.

Why does Rough have the name Rough?

My eyes have auto-corrected Rough to Rouge every time and it's really annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SaberX said:

I though that soloed was like a modern term from games. I say that because theres a moba I used to play(long time ago though) who uses that term.

I think so. I don't even think Soloed is hipster speak. It's just a simple to the point way of saying Knuckles beat a Super Badnik by himself. It's merely a word used to cut down on word count. It's not the same as Eggman takes a bunch of selfies or whatever as saying that isn't shortening dialogue, it's making a joke about modernism.

The fact that one of the things being brought up as a serious complaint by someone is that the word "soloed" was used says to me that these comics are going really well so far. I'm so happy.  

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Chuckle 2

Issue #3 is out now and I like it even better than the last one. This issue was absolutely hilarious!

Spoiler

Sonic absolutely loses it when Rough and Tumble introduce themselves. He can't take them seriously at all!

I think issue 2 was still better. Had a bit more meat to it and sentimental value. Outside of their paradox brother like introduction, I'm not surprised about Rough and Tumble. They pretty much are what I expected. With more time they could be better. This issue is pretty much on par with issue 1 for me.

Spoiler

They also weren't that big a deal either, so they probably work for whoever this guy is as I have a hard time believing they were as ROUGH as they sounded XP. I do hope Knuckles didn't just leave the Master Emerald unguarded. I am pretty sure he didn't do that, but I swear if he did.....

That felt way too short

Spoiler

I'm conflicted, I wanted more story and I got it here, so I'm glad, but it felt rushed - I mean - I wanted them to use the wisps or wispons for some fun action but they didn't. Didn't expect Team Rocket to show up but they were more entertaining than I thought. 

And the Hooligans exist in the modern timeline too? Weird.

The villain seems a mastermind who thought of everything plus he seems familiar with all of them. I like it.

Overall I thought this was mostly on par with issue 2, there was a lot more going around, perhaps too much? And it felt rushed, art is not as good as issue 2, but Knuckles was funny, and I liked his interactions with Sonic, decinitely steps ahead of issue 1 which didn't have... anything, I guess.

Guys, if Mighty and Ray aren't mentioned, it's because they don't want to spoil!

Cream will also appear, but they didn't mention her either! It doesnt mean that Cream is locked in the classic universe, got my point??

The hooligans mention proves that the classic characters exist in that universe.

15 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Guys, if Mighty and Ray aren't mentioned, it's because they don't want to spoil!

Cream will also appear, but they didn't mention her either! It doesnt mean that Cream is locked in the classic universe, got my point??

The hooligans mention proves that the classic characters exist in that universe.

It's possible because the Mania "dimension" is just a split timeline that I think Generations caused (both canonically and metaphorically), so characters can exist in both timelines, I mean, if Sticks can exist both in the modern world and in Boom... It's more of a question of whether SEGA wants them to appear only in classic games/media or all of them. I wouldn't mind for them to be locked in the classic timeline because it means there is a bigger exclusive classic cast but that's just me.

Anyway, more things happened in this issue like I asked so I can't really complain.

Mighty and Ray are confirmed to have been affected by Mania as Ian changed his plans for them when they became restricted to classic only. In the hooligans' case, either being illusions really didn't count as them appearing in Mania to ST, or this was written before Mania Plus started restricting and there wasn't time to change the line. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 3

At least we got the hooligans.

Spoiler

What did you think of Rough and Tumble? These sure are some jerks.

Spoiler

Anybody read The Walking Dead? Rough and Tumble are the people who took advantage of the chaos to enslave a whole town, kinda like Negan.

Spoiler

The citizens are also very stylish in this issue, I think I see some of Jen's OCs right?

4 minutes ago, Red said:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY180678

We have some information and a cover reveal for #7! It also reveals our first hint of the new villain via a silhouette. Can anyone make out who it resembles?

...There's a silhouette in this cover? Is it that shadow that's by the plane, or what am I missing?

Anyway, I really like this cover. Didn't expect to see some Egg Fleet representation here.

• Thumbs Up 4