Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

42 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Unless I miss something its weird the shadow issue doesn't have shadow on the cover. 

I feel like that would help sales, maybe an alt cover maybe?

"[Shadow] would help sales" how are you posting fromall the way back in 2004?

• Chuckle 2

6 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'm posting from now when he's still the most popular character and who's DLC was used as a selling point in their last game. 

Nice try though, also the writer of this books own admittance does actually help sell books

You attempted to sass the wrong thing

14 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

So they better than... background OC nr 3 and 4?

Just saying, we're barely in 3rd isues.

Are you Hispanic in terms of your first language?

13 minutes ago, BlossomHaze said:

Okay? I'm just stating my opinion? =/ Am I not allowed to like them?

To be fair, they're the only proper new characters introduced. Lanolin and Scaredy don't count.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

It’s only one cover. He’ll likely be on one of the others.

Yeah sure

Just ussually even when shadow isn't even important in the book, he's on the cover

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

To be fair, they're the only proper new characters introduced. Lanolin and Scaredy don't count.

That's what I thought, which is why I liked them so much. They wouldn't go through the trouble of creating such fun "villains" just to use them one time. I'm sure we'll see them again.

Given the Egg Fleet and possible Heroes reference, part of me is thinking the new villain is

Metal Sonic. And I'm also thinking there might be the Brotherhood of Metalix given that Ian was given full permission to use them and he's been wanting to.

I'm having a difficult time thinking of anyone else. And that's only if we're sticking to the games here.

• Nice Smile 1

Is it just me or does the art look a bit off in this issue? Don't get me wrong, I love Jennifer's work but something about it doesn't look right, It might be the colours or the lines but I just can't put my finger on it. It didn't spoil my enjoyment of this issue, I like Rough and Tumble, I like them a lot. Hopefully we can get more character development for them in the future. Now onto the final issue of the month and a certain ring tailed lemur's first appearance. Oh and a Team Hooilgan reference :clap_tone2:

2 minutes ago, BlossomHaze said:

That's what I thought, which is why I liked them so much. They wouldn't go through the trouble of creating such fun "villains" just to use them one time. I'm sure we'll see them again.

I'm pleading the fifth on the actual issue right now, but yeah, IDW said they'd be back when they were revealed.

5 minutes ago, Irish David said:

Now onto the final issue of the month 

Wait, its all coming out this month?1

Spoiler

I love how Knuckles took a stink bomb to the face and still dealt some punishment.

Really hope someone was watching the Master Emerald, though...

4 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Given the Egg Fleet and possible Heroes reference, part of me is thinking the new villain is

Reveal hidden contents

Metal Sonic. And I'm also thinking there might be the Brotherhood of Metalix given that Ian was given full permission to use them and he's been wanting to.

I'm having a difficult time thinking of anyone else. And that's only if we're sticking to the games here.

Problems with that are:

Spoiler

1. Ian said if they WERE allowed, they aren't coming in THIS early in the book.
2. Apparently, last time Fleetway was used, there was an outcry from... well, he didn't really say, but I'm guessing it's either SEGA or Egmont.

17 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

For your information, he still is very popular. Before you try to condescend, make sure you get your facts straight. Also maybe don't be condescending. 

• Thumbs Up 6

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Wait, its all coming out this month?1

Yeah. That was announced at the start.

1 minute ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Problems with that are:

Hide contents

1. Ian said if they WERE allowed, they aren't coming in THIS early in the book.
2. Apparently, last time Fleetway was used, there was an outcry from... well, he didn't really say, but I'm guessing it's either SEGA or Egmont.

Spoiler

I think it was Lew Stringer, creator of Tekno, who wasn't happy about the cameo.

8 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Yeah. That was announced at the start.

Well shoot, no wonder this third issue snuck up on me so fast.

7 minutes ago, lulzers said:

When the comic starts moving into more serious territory, how dark do you think it should be?

I mean preferably they don't get dark. Have stakes sure but I really REALLY  don't want the book going down some terrible Grim 'N Gritty path.

Haven't read it yet because its not at any of the book stores I go to all of a sudden. The comic shop I visited had one on reserve for someone else but was sold out. I really want to get a print version of this...

23 minutes ago, lulzers said:

When the comic starts moving into more serious territory, how dark do you think it should be?

I think it should be less like Shadow the Hedgehog and more among the lines of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the works of Don Bluth.

Why Don Bluth?! :joy: 

6 minutes ago, lulzers said:

What do you think of the idea of Sonic featuring Family-Unfriendly Violence? (Look it up on TV Tropes)

Heh, that's what my fanfic "Sonic Illusions" is going for.

34 minutes ago, lulzers said:

If you watch Secret of NIMH, you'll see why.

I haven't watched the movie itself yet, but I have seen some other movies and/or clips by him. Thus, I stil have to wonder wtf.

An American Tails, ya'll!:lol:

#3 was almost a snoozefest like #1.

I think I'll read the next issue while listening to eurobeat, so maybe I can feel pumped.

• Chuckle 1

6 hours ago, lulzers said:

I think it should be less like Shadow the Hedgehog and more among the lines of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the works of Don Bluth.

As dark as they see fit without compromising itself.

But I don’t see why that even needs to be asked here. Given that Ian’s team has been able to write really good dark Sonic plots, I can’t say I have any concerns unlike the games. Unlike Sonic Team, they have a lot more trust here.

• You cannot add "Sonic the Hedgehog #3 - Print" to the cart because the product is out of stock.

Unless I can find a store that has it before next week I might be fucked.

At least I think that's how it works.

7 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Are you Hispanic in terms of your first language?

Umm, no.

If you look closely on any of my posts, there is small white-red flag under my avatar, betraying my Polish heritage.

7 hours ago, lulzers said:

16 minutes ago, lulzers said:

What are these examples of Ian Flynn doing GOOD dark Sonic stories?

1 Not as dark as SA2.Why? I really like SA2, but imagine Shadow's backstory one more time, only replace all humans with mobians. You know, replace Gerald with Ellidy (archie) when he makes his final speech, have Tikal be shoot in the back, etc. I don't think that's Flynn's territory.

Overall, considering that Flynn wrote like 200 Sonic issues, I think we know exactly how dark he would go. Think "Silver Saga" with Dark Enerjack, whole Mecha Sally arc, maybe "Shadow Fall" and "Spark of Life" from Sonic Universe.

Personally, I don't look for "dark", just..."mature"? No, that's a wrong word. Imagine story of Forces written by competent writers. That game WASN'T dark (ignoring few trying-to-hard-lines), just had bigger premise than Colors or Lost World. Something more complicated than "Sonic smashes badnik/small villain, friend helped too".

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Oh, turns out Sonic Stadium has the "silhouette" cover; for some reason I couldn't see it on the linked preview websites:

Spoiler

39719552730_5ef06eebaa_o-674x1024.jpg

Well, hmm, that changes things.

Spoiler

This does look pretty unambiguously like Heroes-style Metal Sonic masquerading as Eggman.

Unless...  Could it be?!

Spoiler

WioXM4M.png

...Nah.

• Thumbs Up 5