Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

11 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

It's quite surprising people still don't acknowledge that he's either not around because of the M.E. or he's just there and the M.E. might as well not exist until mentioned.

The last part of that

Is kinda the point. They created plot points, the chaos emeralds and master emerald, that they no longer wish to use as much. For shadow, that's as simple as " hey he got stronger and he doesn't really use em no mores" with knuckles? its harder, because garding the big green one is kinda his whole deal so, that's always on the backburner whenever he appears. 

If sonic ever reboots, I bet you the M.E permanently gets destroyed after sonic & Knckles

Spoiler

sO91C6D.png

Oh hey, giant Buzz Bomber ala that one mission in Generations. Except even bigger than those or even the one Zavok was riding in Forces.

• Thumbs Up 1

People like Knuckles, but judging by how how much they bring up Big Green...I assume they don't want him to be "just there" and considering that the shrine is never really shown after Adve-...Advanc-...um, after Sonic Battle they could very easily have explained away that Chaos and Tikal guard the Emerald because they never actually died.

• Fist Bump 2

58 minutes ago, Razule said:

Well.. he's been doing it for about a decade now with no negative repercussions

Yeah - in the games where the Master Emerald is largely forgotten about and mentioned. It's stupid, sure. But at least makes it look like it's a case of "it's not actually under danger" and they forgot for the sake of Knuckles being involved with the plot as opposed to here where he just randomly decided to leave it off-guard and let the potential villain of the week get it.

46 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I’m surprised nobody’s considering the possibility that

Hide contents

somebody’s watching the Master Emerald in Knux’s place. Like Relic and Fixit did in Archie.

Then the villain wouldn't blatantly say it's unprotected. And on top of that - the images show the villain looking directly at the emerald where it's standing on Angel Island with absolutely no one in sight to protect it.

46 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Maybe Chaos or Tikal.

Considering those two only appear when the emerald is full on shattered or when the world is in absolute world-ending extreme danger, unlikely. 

The art for Issue 4 is a step up from the previous issue. However, I really don't like Sonic questioning if he should join the resistance. It gives me bad vibes that he'll be tied down to a team just like Archie.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

The art for Issue 4 is a step up from the previous issue. However, I really don't like Sonic questioning if he should join the resistance. It gives me bad vibes that he'll be tied down to a team just like Archie.

It's probably a spur of the moment thought.

8 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It's probably a spur of the moment thought.

But that fear still lingers. It can't possibly be a red herring. What if Tangle asks him to return to the resistance, and he says yes?

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

But that fear still lingers. It can't possibly be a red herring. What if Tangle asks him to return to the resistance, and he says yes?

Oh, forget that! I swear, if that happens...

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Oh, forget that! I swear, if that happens...

Exactly my point. We JUST re-established him as a free spirit two issues ago that he WASN'T in Archie. I am holding onto hope that that doesn't happen.

3 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Exactly my point. We JUST re-established him as a free spirit two issues ago that he WASN'T in Archie. I am holding onto hope that that doesn't happen.

That's not exactly what I was getting at, but sure, that too.

Spoiler

41589627931_6da3894254_o.png

I knew Tangle's tail was long, but I didn't think it'd be that long.

EDIT: Better quality pic

Edited by Sonictrainer
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

tumblr_p7i5ghdYhr1x62z9mo2_540.png

I knew Tangle's tail was long, but I didn't think it'd be that long.

Same. That looks like it should hurt, btw.

43 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Considering those two only appear when the emerald is full on shattered or when the world is in absolute world-ending extreme danger, unlikely. 

I mean why not just say chaos guards the master emerald now. 

It would literally solve most problems since he's literally god like

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

I mean why not just say chaos guards the master emerald now. 

It would literally solve most problems since he's literally god like

Pretty much. Plus, unlike the glowing aparition Tikal, he's a chaos powered being made of water--you could easily have him pop in whenever he feels like his power is needed to protect what's left of the Mystic Ruins.

Hmm, kinda sounds like something that happened before.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I really don’t see how that’s a huge issue when 1) he’s practically been tied to a team since Heroes just going from the games alone, and 2) even when he was part of a team he still did his own thing.

Being part of a team doesn’t stop him from being a free spirit. It not like he didn’t go out to explore the world in Archie whether he has a team with him or not, both before and during the reboot. And oftimes I think that’s a concern that sprouted from thin air given that he was never tied down than he was cooperative.

And that’s not even getting into the whole debacle with the Team Sonic trio by having Knuckles pal around for little to no reason even if he’s supposed to be doing his own thing guarding Angel Island and the M.E.

I mean, really, how exactly was Sonic tied down when he was with a team? What about that exactly kept Sonic from doing what he’d, given that he would still do it anyway? I should remind folks that in Archie, he commited treason at least twice (possibly even three times) because what everyone else was doing went against what he knew was right, which is definitely not something a not-so-free spirit would do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

20 minutes ago, lulzers said:

About Chris Thorndyke not appearing in IDW Sonic, I've heard in an interview (which I unfortunately can't find anymore) with Ian Flynn that if he were to leave out any Sonic character, it would be him.

In other words, Ian hates Chris as much as the fans. Thankfully ensuring he will never appear again.

Even Elise over Chris?

• Fist Bump 1

8 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Even Elise over Chris?

To be somewhat fair there, Elise has game origins and ties through Soleanna that Chris somewhat arguably lacks. Her being a duchess nee princess compared to him being a lonely rich kid also helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Kinda surprising since going by this thread everyone fucking hates the new book.

There's some criticism here and there and maybe some lingering hard feelings dripping on everyone once in a while, but I wouldn't take it too harshly. These first few issues are, well, the first few issues of a brand new series/direction. It usually takes a few outings to get the barrings in check anyway.

• Thumbs Up 4

17 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

everyone fucking hates the new book.

Nah, that's just the negativity bias talking. Majority opinion might not be that it's a literary masterpiece but no one hates it.

• Thumbs Up 4

19 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

everyone fucking hates the new book.

Wrong. We are just throwing criticisms because we want the book to be better, because we know it CAN be better.

• Fist Bump 1