Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

9 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I mean, women in RL would admire someone like Blaze too (even without the fire). And they're not ALL lesbians.

Oh really now?

8 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

If they debunked their read, I can see a certain group of people be very pissed and accuse IDW and Ian for something stupid. If they did confirm, it'll make the extreme side of the fandom raise it as a reason for "their" ship to be better, or use representation as a sheild to harass other people. Also it will support the  very insulting "showing any type of care or support=romantic interest" belief that the same group of people claim to be fighting against.

Don't forget those who'd cite it as proof that Tangle is just a gimmicky character.

A new character with an ability that they're named after...

Totally gimmicky, not like any other character introduced in this series.

17 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

A new character with an ability that they're named after...

Totally gimmicky, not like any other character introduced in this series.

Not what I meant, but fair enough, I guess.

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Blaze isn't gonna be around long enough for that to matter.

How do you know? I really hope she sticks around for a while.

22 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Blaze isn't gonna be around long enough for that to matter.

For what to matter?

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

I haven't read the comic yet, but how different is Tangle's reaction in talking to Sonic and Blaze? I won't be surprised if Tangle reacted more to Blaze because: 1) magical powers 2)pretty strong 3)cool personality 4)maybe she looks pretty in Sonic standard?

In the comic, Sonic arrives when a town is already under attack. He helps Tangle who is busy fighting Badniks. They team up to fight Badniks. More turn up, but Blaze out of nowhere annihlates a bunch. Sonic greets Blaze, talks to her while Tangle looks very confused by what is going on.

That's what I took from it anyway, Tangle being confused and a little awe struck, rather than any implication of her being attracted to Blaze or Sonic.

That's nice and all, but you didn't answer the question.

Aside of doing a formal greeting when Sonic said she was a princess, she didn't interact with Blaze at all.

Well I was just trying to say what I took away from it. He/She would really need to read the comic themself to judge if he/she thought of Tangle's responses.

So apparently, if a girl shows admiration for another gal, that automatically makes her gay:

tumblr_orz1u6s65Z1rpgqi0o1_250.png

Except it doesn't, and this is coming from someone that actually ships Amy (canonically the straightest character in the franchise) and Blaze. : P

Something that annoys me about this type of reaction from the fans and audience that I see online is that it almost feels like fetishizing same-sex relations as something trendy, or worse, treating it like it being superior to hetero relationships or judging the quality of a fictional work (comics, TV shows, movies, etc) based on wether such relationships are represented or not instead of focusing on what it is supposed to drive them: character interactions and how well their chemistry is executed.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

I'll remember that the next time a female character is shipped with a male character most certainly Sonic. 

Oh boy... Shipping talk... I don't mind shipping but I don't really like shipping talk in a thread like this. It tends to get awkward and ugly fast.

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Oh boy... Shipping talk... I don't mind shipping but I don't really like shipping talk in a thread like this. It tends to get awkward and ugly fast.

I agree with this. Shipping is okay, but I don't know if this is the right place to talk about it. Not yet, anyway. Let's see what happens first.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I went to my local comic store for Free Comic Book Day and saw they had the reprint of Issue #1...

330?cb=20180412224152

...and I really do not like the white negative space background on this one, especially this is part of the 4 connecting covers and Issue #1 is the only cover I'm missing.

So I went to Spencers, got the shirt and got the J Gray Variant.

339?cb=20180417030108

48 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

So apparently, if a girl shows admiration for another gal, that automatically makes her gay:

Oh my. Where dis be from?

1 hour ago, Skull Leader said:

Except it doesn't, and this is coming from someone that actually ships Amy (canonically the straightest character in the franchise) and Blaze. : P

Something that annoys me about this type of reaction from the fans and audience that I see online is that it almost feels like fetishizing same-sex relations as something trendy, or worse, treating it like it being superior to hetero relationships or judging the quality of a fictional work (comics, TV shows, movies, etc) based on wether such relationships are represented or not instead of focusing on what it is supposed to drive them: character interactions and how well their chemistry is executed.

It is more frequent on those occasions, true, but it happens a lot in hetero circumstances too. People can't just interact without leaving some theories, that's classical. One silly example is when people used to consider that Nicole and Shard/Espio a couple because they.... talked in a issue.

Although, there is a little logical reason for people getting over-suspicious now with Tangle, since Aleah and Ian made Salicole extremely subtle and suddenly the other day, boom, it's canon and you never noticed.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Oh my. Where dis be from?

Sonic Channel comics. The translations are in the Sonic Channel thread.

1 hour ago, Korke said:

Although, there is a little logical reason for people getting over-suspicious now with Tangle, since Aleah and Ian made Salicole extremely subtle and suddenly the other day, boom, it's canon and you never noticed.

I reeeally gotta get to reading Archie's stuff. Cause from I remember of that arc, I don't remember anything of that ilk.

4 hours ago, Korke said:

One silly example is when people used to consider that Nicole and Shard/Espio a couple because they.... talked in a issue.

Well Shard did have a crush on her

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Shipping aside, but not veering off of Tangle, what do you guys hope to see out of her (hopefully) inevitable meetings with the rest of cast in the future? As I loved seeing her as the energetic but in over her head goofball that she was introduced as that's what I'm hoping to see more of out of her. Just seeing her reactions to the rest of the cast and the general absurdities that go with them (an eight year old as smart as Doctor Eggman, everything Amy has become because of a crush, the world's last echidna and guardian of an artifact that could doom the world, everything about Shadow, etc. etc.).

27 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Shipping aside, but not veering off of Tangle, what do you guys hope to see out of her (hopefully) inevitable meetings with the rest of cast in the future?

There is something that can be done with her and Tails, I just can't figure out what.

Overall I still don't feel her enough to tell what I 'want' (other than to get her).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I can't really imagine her doing anything besides " wow this sonic character is cool " because... they admitted from the jump that's what her character is supposed to be...which I can imagine will get annoying rather quickly