Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

17 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

-When will sneak peaks of issue 5 come?

-When will issue 8 solicits come?

-Not sure

-Should be Wednesday. Solicits were pushed back because of there being 5 weeks this month. 

So it should be the Chaotix we are getting in issue 5, right? That being the case and that we still seem to be following the one character introduced per issue format, does anyone think that they'll be handled well or will they just get stuck being the most basic aspects of their archetypes and over shadowed by Eggman? I would personally like to think that we'll get more than that, but considering how one note Knuckles seemed in issue 5 and how dynamic of a character Eggman is I don't expect. I kind of expect the doctor to take over the issue unless he's regulated to the end of it. Hopefully my concerns are unfounded but what does everyone else think?

9 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

considering how one note Knuckles seemed in issue 5

Which is weird, consider one note would kinda imply he was competitive with Sonic, which is kinda what was missing.

And it was issue 3. Gosh.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Which is weird, consider one note would kinda imply he was competitive with Sonic, which is kinda what was missing.

Characters having explanations that explain a character trait that hasn't been relevant or used in years or ever still being used as short form explanation is something that everyone should be used to. 

13 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Characters having explanations that explain a character trait that hasn't been relevant or in years or ever still being used as short form explanation is something that everyone should be used to. 

...What?

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

I'm not used to Sonic's face being so expressive in CGI form...

Whoo-whee...

He's looked plenty angry a couple of times at least.

7 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Here's a raw version of Rafa's variant of IDW Sonic 1-

tumblr_p93gkp4T1I1uve9kao1_1280.png

I wonder if he/she ever got paid, lmao

15 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Well, when I said one note I kind of meant that all we were given was him being straightforwardly naively over serious. There was no banter, no sign of Knuckles enjoying himself or being frustrated. He was just straightforwardly naively serious with nothing else. Hence, one note.

As for my careless lack of proof reading

3 vs. 5, round 3 or 5, FIGHT!

19 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Well, when I said one note I kind of meant that all we were given was him being straightforwardly naively over serious. There was no banter, no sign of Knuckles enjoying himself or being frustrated. He was just straightforwardly naively serious with nothing else. Hence, one note.

Yeah, I realize. Just wanted to point out what was missing, really.

It's too bad that issue's writing seemed too simple and newcomer friendly for it's own good considering it had the setup to the best of the four.

• Thumbs Up 1

E-S-P-I-O (is clearly ready to) GO!

Next week's gonna be sweet! (Still need to pick up issues 2 and 3)

• Thumbs Up 7

27 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

E-S-P-I-O (is clearly ready to) GO!

Next week's gonna be sweet! (Still need to pick up issues 2 and 3)

Oh Tracy is drawing this issue. Thought it would be Jamal Peppers.

So then, looks like the opening arc truly ends with Issue 7 then.

Spoiler

As for the new character Whisper, will she be an ally, a villain, or just someone to push the story forward? Hopefully she's someone fleshed out regardless and this "Guardian Angel" angle provides us with something interesting. Regardless, it won't be much longer until IDW starts to move away from Forces' fallout so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

9 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

One of the covers

mrYBGl.jpg

I love this cover so much and how it displays Sonic and Silver. Nathalie is really winning me over with her work and kind of makes me feel sad about getting the comics digitally through Amazon Kindle. Unfortunately though that's really the only way I can the comics right now so I'll just have to cherish these from a distance I guess XD

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I think this is the first time Sonic has had a one-on-one conversation with Espio.

Yeah, I was about to say, I wasn't expecting anything like that.

Guess they really are banking a little on popularity with this one

27 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

They brought back the Character Descriptions. I liked those I'm glad they're back.

Also Solicits are out. http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/news/idw-publishing-august-2018-solicitations

New character and Silver.

Yeah, I am too.

Also, I smell a pattern.

20 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

So then, looks like the opening arc truly ends with Issue 7 then.

Hide contents

As for the new character Whisper, will she be an ally, a villain, or just someone to push the story forward? Hopefully she's someone fleshed out regardless and this "Guardian Angel" angle provides us with something interesting. Regardless, it won't be much longer until IDW starts to move away from Forces' fallout so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Spoiler

An ally. It's pretty much been said at this point that the next character would be a hero and the phrase "Guardian Angel" definitely lends to that being the case.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Reveal hidden contents

An ally. It's pretty much been said at this point that the next character would be a hero and the phrase "Guardian Angel" definitely lends to that being the case.

Spoiler

Fair enough. I guess I've just watched too much anime and rarely ever take anyone at face value.

58 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

I love this cover so much and how it displays Sonic and Silver. Nathalie is really winning me over with her work and kind of makes me feel sad about getting the comics digitally through Amazon Kindle. Unfortunately though that's really the only way I can the comics right now so I'll just have to cherish these from a distance I guess XD

Yeah, me too on comixology I only can get the main covers.

• Fist Bump 1