Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I think now’s a good a time as any to complain about one thing that IDW doesn’t do that Archie did: telling readers what the location is.

I really want to know where exactly Sonic and Espio are, but the comic provides nothing. I don’t know if I’m looking at a comic-exclusive location, or a game location that I can’t remember.

And yet they're begun carrying over the stupid character tags that Archie did. We can figure out who the characters are without intrusive labels filling the page, IDW.

24 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

According to early solicits, that Omega-like robot was probably supposed to be Theta. But for some reason (something to do with Theta being mentioned in the 'Mobius: X Years Later' stories, I think?) they changed it to be E-106 Eta instead.

Kind of a shame to see that Eta's seemingly just a copy of Alpha/ZERO now...

Oh yeah, that did happen.

14 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

And yet they're begun carrying over the stupid character tags that Archie did. We can figure out who the characters are without intrusive labels filling the page, IDW.

Eh, at the very least, I'd like to see it for the newer or much lesser used characters.

Plus, that splash page made decent use of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

It is also possible that someone might have made a mistake.

Doubt it. This isn't the Archie continuity, after all, so the unseen* E-Series robots are unlikely to be the same as in the Archie comics.

Still, a shame. I really liked Eta's design in those Archie comics.

*As in, unseen in the games.

I know it's nitpicky, but I'd sort of prefer if they just introduced the main cast of each issue on the first page like Archie used to do, instead of cluttering every page with logos.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can;t even read the logos for Orbot and Cubot too clearly because of the colouring. 

And while we're at it, the timing that the naming comes in isn't even consistent; Espio, Orbot and Cubot get a name tag right away, but Vector and Charmy don't.

1 hour ago, NegaMetallix said:

According to early solicits, that Omega-like robot was probably supposed to be Theta. But for some reason (something to do with Theta being mentioned in the 'Mobius: X Years Later' stories, I think?) they changed it to be E-106 Eta instead.

Kind of a shame to see that Eta's seemingly just a copy of Alpha/ZERO now...

Or it could be E-106’ CHAOS Eta, not just regular Eta.

7 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Or it could be E-106’ CHAOS Eta, not just regular Eta.

Again, doubt it. This may simply just be IDW's version of Eta.

35 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Look behind Sonic.

I still don't see no infinite.
Edit: Now I get it.

Y'know I'm one of Peppers few defenders and even I think that covers not great.

I do like Gates main cover. It gets the idea of Eggman is back and Looming over Sonic.

Ah~! Cutie happy Charmy high fiving Cubot and riding on a motobug~!

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Y'know I'm one of Peppers few defenders and even I think that covers not great.

I do like Gates main cover. It gets the idea of Eggman is back and Looming over Sonic.

That was Jamal Peppers?

11 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Ah~! Cutie happy Charmy high fiving Cubot and riding on a motobug~!

Yeah, I got a chuckle outta that too.

Oh. Okay.

So get this; someone got the issue online early, right? Like, not the Redditor linked earlier, someone who got a digital copy.

The issue has a character info page before the main story as well as the name tags in story. 

I--what's the point of the name tags if there's a roll call??

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Oh. Okay.

So get this; someone got the issue online early, right? Like, not the Redditor linked earlier, someone who got a digital copy.

The issue has a character info page before the main story as well as the name tags in story. 

We live in the era of trailers for trailers. Why not name tags before a roll call I guess...?

• Absolutely 1

28 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Oh. Okay.

OK, so I need to see this leak. Where did you find it?

Just got it and

Spoiler

Eggman losing his memory and turned to a good tinkerer loved by everyone in the village, but then he mentions Eggmanland, and then Shadow and Rouge show up, can't wait for next issue !!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Wait a minute...

Hide contents

The snake is still alive?! I thought Sonic destroyed it internally

Spoiler

I kinda got the impression it just fainted. Either way, who's to say that's the same snake?