Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

16 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I don't necessarily agree. It feels more like they want to do stuff with him but don't entirely know how because they're not good at handling the cast they've created.

I feel like if they were trying to push him out, he'd be treated a lot worse than this. 

Yeah, that's honestly what it comes down to me as well.

15 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think that rouge line indicates importance but rather was put there to make her seem like she cared, given her and shadow left their friend out in ... the dust for several months doing nothing. I don't think omega is big status, where if it wasn't for him being memed he would just kinda nothing. But he's kinda nothing, and can totally see sega ignoring him or trying to get rid of him  or continuing to use him as a robotic damsel in distress so they don't have to use him

I don't think SEGA is that cruel to Ian to not let him use Omega for that stupid reason.

I really enjoyed this issue of Sonic. The plot is actually starting to go somewhere so I still feel invested. I hope this new development for Dr. Eggman lasts for a while, it would be different and could allow for more villains to show off while building anticipation. I would hate for this plot to resolve itself quickly. I'm happy to see shadow is appearing in the next issue. I hope we finally start seeing more permanent locations in the comic after all these character introductions are done and the plot with the mysterious figure is resolved. I noticed the mysterious figure was not happy that Eggman was found so that's interesting. I wonder if part of the reason Ian Flynn is doing this predictable character introduction and save a nameless village plot (which I'm fine with) is to help build IDW's relationship with Sega before moving on to do something more bold with the plot and characters? I'm just speculating but I know Sega could be more flexible if they trust everyone involved in the comic to know what they're doing.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Wut

He's failing you for putting any amount of faith or presumption in SEGA's motives.

With that said, I'm with you on the grounds that I really don't see any remote mandates or Status Quo challenge that all but a handful of characters run the risk of threatening, much less of all Omega.

I just thought about this but I wonder if the Sonic IDW comic will have a tie in to Team Sonic Racing or Mani Plus? Just like Archie used to do. I think that would be really cool if they did it. Could be just a back up story instead of an entire issue.

9 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I’m pretty sure a Mania Plus tie-in would have been solicited by now.

No no, Ernie--that's Classic "Dimension stuff!

I noticed that Classic Sonic wasn't there in the Time Eater part of the flashback

image.thumb.png.1c357e4fcac39e50b7e8072a68ae905b.png

I guess that's the "no Classic" mandate.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Razule said:

I noticed that Classic Sonic wasn't there in the Time Eater part of the flashback

Yeah, I noticed that too. This now makes me wonder how different the events of Generations went.

25 minutes ago, Razule said:

I guess it's for the best. Was getting kinda sick of him anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Razule said:

He's just off panel. 

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

He's just off panel. 

... and he's off-panel because..? Of the mandate. He's there but we can't see him because of the mandate.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

... and he's off-panel because..? Of the mandate. He's there but we can't see him because of the mandate.

...Sigh why do I even try to joke?

• Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

9 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I guess it's for the best. Was getting kinda sick of him anyways.

That's for the best of course. We really are sick of him.

So it turns out those recap and rollcall pages are only in the digital version.

...what’s the point in that?

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

So it turns out those recap and rollcall pages are only in the digital version.

...what’s the point in that?

Maybe a weak bonus to make up for the lack of a physical version? I really can't say. Though, as a fan of serial series I'm so used to the recaps and last times that it didn't really bother me. I felt more like it was supposed to be getting me to think about certain events while I read.

Wow I'm impressed Ian managed to make Shadow the dark anti hero and frienimy to the main lead he's always been. A Knight of Cerebus type, And Eggman is cool too I guess.

On 5/31/2018 at 9:37 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Personally I think Shadow does has special respect for last of Robotniks. With that said Eggman went too far in Forces. Taking over the world, making evil copy of him, almost killing Sonic, etc. He was too close to winning and Shadow can't let his personal relations cloud his judgment any longer.

(that's how I guess his thinking process looks)

Shadow respects only his creator and his best friend. Eggman to him as been vital and useful to most ends but he's still an established enemy based on how Eggman degrades Geralds legacy every time he invades the world and causes massic destruction. He's as expendable as any threat to the planet. Shadow stated in his game in the last scene he put his past behind him and choose for himself whats best for his own life, and he choose a world where peace is only possible without enemies like Eggman are completely gone.

People need to remember, Shadow was never truely a pure good guy when it comes to stopping threats or treating Sonic and his friends like friends. Rouge I think is officially the Tails to Shadow's Sonic as far as how much she needs Shadow to expand her own plot, a GUN subplot and her obsession with Jewels aside, she really has nothing to offer outside of being Shadow's sidekick/partner since Shadow is pretty much the entirety of SA2 lore and the basis of Rouge as a ally with the goverment and a dark foil to the heroes.

@Dash Speed TBH, I think Rouge can offer more than just being Shadow's friend by interacting with other characters and having more meaningful relationships with them.

I'm just glad the issue offered a fresh new storyline with twists that weren't spoiled to me, surprisingly! Ha!

And obviously it broke that boring formula of fighting badniks with 1 ally at a time.

12 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

@Dash Speed TBH, I think Rouge can offer more than just being Shadow's friend by interacting with other characters and having more meaningful relationships with them.

True I like Rouge but I would love to see stories that are centered on her as opposed to making her Shadow's right hand man.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, knuckles20 said:

True I like Rouge but I would love to see stories that are centered on her as opposed to making her Shadow's right hand man.

Yeah, even though I ship those two, yet I have to admit that she's mostly been a satellite character to him. Honestly, I would like to see her go on a solo-stealth mission, or maybe even have you go through some emotional issues.

15 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I think it would benefit both parties if they hung out with other folks and did their own thing. Though given sega seems to have uh a lot more involvement in this comic I doubt this will happen now