Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

11 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I think being used sparingly and for more fun/lighthearted moments is all they'd need to do, really. I guess you can make an argument "but it's not consistent" but it's not really supposed to be.

I'm fine with power-ups or whatever, though.

I'm fine with it being used sparingly if that's what you were saying. Sorry.

Is the Shadow talk that I don't care about done? 

Cool. So,  I wonder if this comic is gonna have a villain group for Eggman to lord himself over. It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Eggman's Dozen and it might feel a bit different without those same dudes but I'm a huge fan of villain groups. It probably won't happen for a long time if it were to happen at all but I can't help but wonder about it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, I hope we see something like that again even if it takes a while. The ones who had willingly devoted themselves to Eggman and/or the Empire were especially interesting to me as characters, since someone like Eggman would realistically appeal to suckers people who feel like they don't have any options or are disillusioned, etc. And people who already leaned towards evil, obviously.

edit: Oooo, maybe one of the recruits could be someone from the village in the current arc...like someone there is convinced or convinces themselves "Is there any real difference between Mr. Tinker and Dr. Eggman? After all he just wants to make the world a better place, clearly everyone just misunderstands him."

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 2

53 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Yeah, I hope we see something like that again even if it takes a while. The ones who had willingly devoted themselves to Eggman and/or the Empire were especially interesting to me as characters, since someone like Eggman would realistically appeal to suckers people who feel like they don't have any options or are disillusioned, etc. And people who already leaned towards evil, obviously.

edit: Oooo, maybe one of the recruits could be someone from the village in the current arc...like someone there is convinced or convinces themselves "Is there any real difference between Mr. Tinker and Dr. Eggman? After all he just wants to make the world a better place, clearly everyone just misunderstands him."

Personally, I'm somewhat hoping at some point farther down the line if Archie elements can start being used - perhaps we could reintroduce Eggman's villain league from PostReboot!Archie. I think it could be pretty fun if we had an arc where Eggman decides to go on a recruitment campaign when he realizes Sonic's friends could be a key element in his defeats.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they do make another villain league for Eggman, they should probably lower the number from 12 to maybe 4 or something like that, so that each member can get fleshed out.

9 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

If they do make another villain league for Eggman, they should probably lower the number from 12 to maybe 4 or something like that, so that each member can get fleshed out.

I think 12 is a fine number. Its an ongoing comic so they're not exactly on a time crunch to develop every last one of them at once. Not to mention, the 4 issues of Eggman's Dozen managed them really well in my opinion. It might be a tighter challenge if it were a game though. Pressure to start and end their stories if there were no plans for their return would be rather taxing to work through.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

3 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Here seems like as good a place as any to advertise the fact that we’re in desperate need of contributors over at the IDW Sonic Hub.

When Two Worlds articles?

18 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Is the Shadow talk that I don't care about done? 

Cool. So,  I wonder if this comic is gonna have a villain group for Eggman to lord himself over. It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Eggman's Dozen and it might feel a bit different without those same dudes but I'm a huge fan of villain groups. It probably won't happen for a long time if it were to happen at all but I can't help but wonder about it.

Especially for the sake of a truly game-accurate Eggman having non-robotic, consistent goons. Maybe take cues from the pre-reboot and Fleetway baddies, too. I wonder how they’ll interact? Will they try to make at least some of them sympathetic, or will they all just be selfish, nasty creeps who are enjoyable nonetheless? Will they be useless stooges or actually competent? Or a mix of all of that? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Boo hoo. All this talk just reminds me of how much I am gonna miss some of those Egg Bosses.

5 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Will they try to make at least some of them sympathetic, or will they all just be selfish, nasty creeps who are enjoyable nonetheless? Will they be useless stooges or actually competent? Or a mix of all of that? 

I think its important to includes a good mix of all of that. The end or Archie's run did a stellar job of showcasing the different kinds of people and situations that could lead a person to take up a life under Eggmans thumb. Some of them were plain evil or fanatical, some of them were pushed into a bad situation. Some of them saw it as the lesser of two evils and others still were simply beaten into submission.

Eggman is enough of a character that he can support all of these satellites. Its just a wasted opportunity to not play to the doctors strengths and give him his own cast of support crew to bounce off of.

• Thumbs Up 4

Has anyone come across any Issue 6 preview pages? I'm kind of surprised we haven't gotten those yet. 

And... wait. Where the hell are the solicits for Issue 7? Aren't these usually done a few months in advance? What the hell is going on? 

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Boo hoo. All this talk just reminds me of how much I am gonna miss some of those Egg Bosses.

I think its important to includes a good mix of all of that. The end or Archie's run did a stellar job of showcasing the different kinds of people and situations that could lead a person to take up a life under Eggmans thumb. Some of them were plain evil or fanatical, some of them were pushed into a bad situation. Some of them saw it as the lesser of two evils and others still were simply beaten into submission.

Eggman is enough of a character that he can support all of these satellites. Its just a wasted opportunity to not play to the doctors strengths and give him his own cast of support crew to bounce off of.

And it’s too bad we never really explored anyone beneath the Egg Bosses in Archie, which I hope to see here. We need more info on the lieutenants, colonels, and sergeants. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

Has anyone come across any Issue 6 preview pages? I'm kind of surprised we haven't gotten those yet. 

And... wait. Where the hell are the solicits for Issue 7? Aren't these usually done a few months in advance? What the hell is going on? 

Issue 7's solcits were revealed a few pages back. ABT is doing most of the work for that issue.

Also issue 6 is releasing on June 27th, not the 20th. I guess we'll get previews next week?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

8 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Which reminds me of another minor point with Lost World: We got Eggman interacting with Zavok, Zomom, and for a sec Zazz, but we never got a moment where he reacts to Zor, Zeena, or especially Master Zik.

8 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

Dude be patient. I'm not sure when Issue Six is out (Last week of the Month probably?) But IDW solicits will be up Wednesday. Unless it's a five week month Solicits are always the Third Week of the Month. 

I also thought it's originally 27th. So I'm not pissed.

But I would have preferred 20th now that I know that was the original date.

On 6/14/2018 at 9:06 PM, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

I checked that store today and sorry they didn't have the one you were looking. They just had the RI-B variant of issue 4 for 20 bucks and an issue 3 variant for 20.

Thank you so much for checking. That was really kind of you. I am still looking for it with no luck 😂

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Blueeyes2010 said:

Thank you so much for checking. That was really kind of you. I am still looking for it with no luck 😂

No problem, hope you find it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sales estimates to comic shops for May have been released. The numbers in brackets are copies that shipped in May so those are probably the additional printings.

Sonic the Hedgehog
04______1______21362 [3331]
04______2______14684 [1804]
04______3______13779 [1589]
04______4______13225 [2027]
05______5______12561

A modest drop. Next month might be more interesting. #6 is the first month orders will have been done after those first issues came out in shops so retailers had a better idea of the demand for the book with it.

Do you think there's some details or points or even basic "feelings" that may have been trimmed or removed from the issues that have come out so far?

1 minute ago, NotHole said:

Sales estimates to comic shops for May have been released. The numbers in brackets are copies that shipped in May so those are probably the additional printings.

Sonic the Hedgehog
04______1______21362 [3331]
04______2______14684 [1804]
04______3______13779 [1589]
04______4______13225 [2027]
05______5______12561

A modest drop. Next month might be more interesting. #6 is the first month orders will have been done after those first issues came out in shops so retailers had a better idea of the demand for the book with it.

I honestly don't understand that cel work, so you're gonna have to spell that out a little more simply.

How has each issue sold in relation to the others?

11 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I honestly don't understand that cel work, so you're gonna have to spell that out a little more simply.

Month_____Issue #______Sales [Additional sales]

28 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Do you think there's some details or points or even basic "feelings" that may have been trimmed or removed from the issues that have come out so far?

How has each issue sold in relation to the others?

It's clearer than you're thinking. The first is the first printing sales, in brackets is the second printings. It seems each issue is very slightly lower than the last.