Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

5 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

latest?cb=20130715012553

Hm....

H-.. heyyy.. 

Well. Could just be the same reference, not necessarily a trace.

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

H-.. heyyy.. 

Well. Could just be the same reference, not necessarily a trace.

There are some subtle differences like with the positions of Metal's and Shadow's legs.

8 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

latest?cb=20130715012553

Hm....

It took me a while to realize what's wrong.

Similar posture isn't unusual, but that is pretty weird. The cover looks slightly awkward (in position and angle) compared with the panel.

17 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

It took me a while to realize what's wrong.

Similar posture isn't unusual, but that is pretty weird. The cover looks slightly awkward (in position and angle) compared with the panel.

The lack of a proper background probably helps.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Again, I'm hoping Shadow's implacability has relevance to his absence from much of Forces.

I'm a bit cynical I guess

But I got a feeling its never address.

The hope I have is Ian used it as , shadow was busy fighting something bigger. Some big shit is coming down the line

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Also, Vector looks off on that first page.

The art in general looks pretty off, if you ask me. Not as bad as the first issue, but still... off.

I really hope that cover isn't implying Eggman was just faking it all to lure Sonic and Shadow into a contrived fight.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I really hope that cover isn't implying Eggman was just faking it all to lure Sonic and Shadow into a contrived fight.

It's almost as if he read the script.. hey, what's that there, is that the script-

So which issue will bring in “Whisper”, again? Stoked to meet her.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

It's a Shadow issue, they'll be minor actors compared to the guy who can challenge sonic completely and is a main lead in his own right. 

Ok...there's a lot wrong here mostly the fact the issue is still about the Eggman/Mr. Tinker thing and Shadow is just as much of a secondary character as anyone. 

7 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Ok...there's a lot wrong here mostly the fact the issue is still about the Eggman/Mr. Tinker thing and Shadow is just as much of a secondary character as anyone. 

Our antagonist for the issue, he is.

p9gbBOP.png

Alright I have to give them some credit for this.

Because, y'know

He's speaking from experience.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

p9gbBOP.png

Alright I have to give them some credit for this.

Because, y'know

He's speaking from experience.

That was slick

Oh. Yardley's drawing this one, eh?

I love the guy to death, but he's never been very good at dynamic fight scenes. And Sonic vs. Shadow should always be dynamic.

Guess we'll wait and see.

9 hours ago, Razule said:

It's cool to see Sonic defending Eggman. I wonder, if Eggman was still evil but just incapacitated in some way, would Sonic still defend him like this from a murderous Shadow? .. is he even trying to kill him, or just imprison him?

I think he would, since even if Eggman is still evil, Sonic (and any other character with a sense of empathy) would perceive the idea of killing an incapacitated Eggman to be wrong. Heck, Eggman does not even need to be incapacitated for Sonic to think that killing the doc is a rather harsh way to punish him, like he points out in Rush.

Anyway, while Shadow does have a point with how losing memories do not make people any less dangerous, which he does speak from experience, he seems to forget that people can change. After all, he was on the bad guys side on his very first appearance and did a lot of bad stuff too. Maybe Eggman's character would stay the same, and it would show up... but with the loss of memory, maybe he also forgets all about his ambitions tat caused him to take the wrong path in life and looks for other more constructive and beneficial ways to get the attention that he so craves and desires. 

Shadow going after Eggman like that is a sure way to cause the doc to return to his evil ways, asuming that he isn't faking his memory loss. We'll just have to see how things are played out.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

That'd be issue 8.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I'm kinda suspecting this Whisper character is an expy to Phage,  and may be that character in the chair. 

There's also the raw version of Nathalies cover-

tumblr_pajt1tnDxw1spyn8vo2_1280.jpg

And another cover done by Yardley! as well, but it's the raw version.

tumblr_pajt1tnDxw1spyn8vo4_1280.jpg

That one looks pretty freaking cool.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • My Emmerdoods 1