Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

17 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

tumblr_pajt1tnDxw1spyn8vo4_1280.jpg

That one looks pretty freaking cool.

I love that. It would make a great poster on my wall.

• Nice Smile 1

45 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Evan Stanley has been posting these sketches lately.

Do you think it's for the issue 8? Because it's not in the style of he fan comic.

De5-siDUcAAaFNJ.jpgDftvB0DUYAAzUbz.jpgDeV-J8qVMAEDWC1.jpg

Aaaahhh, it's Silverrr!!! ❤️

It could be! Wasn't Silver supposed to be debuting soon? Super excited! ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Shadow just doesn't like Sonics guts, hence forth fight to the death. I wish writers just admitted shadow and knuckles hate sonic but respect him as rivals.

I don't think it's hate. More like losing his patience with Sonic who is standing in his way, and how the tension keeps building as Shadow keeps moving towards the doc while Sonic does everything he can to block him. Just the part where Sonic starts to get serious and tells Shadow that he's not laying a finger on Eggman resonates with me because how it all mirrors the conflict between law (punishing Eggman regardless of wether he lost his memories or not) which is represented by Shadow versus doing what is right (him losing his memories being a chance for the doc to turn his life around and use his brilliant mind to help others) that Sonic is standing for.

Both stances haver their cons and pros, since doing what is right also comes with the risk of "what if Eggman turns evil again", while enforcing the law would essentially deny Eggman the chance to redeem himself, and might be cause for him to turn evil again by feeling that he is being punished for something that perhaps he truly does not remember and would develop a grudge, especially if he feels betrayed by Sonic. 

I really like this type of conflicts where neither side is completelly right, although I personally lean on Sonic's side (#Team Sonic) since it encourages fans to discuss their positions, kind of like how Federation fans do with those that support Zeon. XD

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Shadow just doesn't like Sonics guts, hence forth fight to the death. I wish writers just admitted shadow and knuckles hate sonic but respect him as rivals.

Knuckles and Shadow don't hate sonic. 

Knuckles is sonic's friend and is rather fond of him. While friend might be too much of a stretch for shadow, he doesn't hate sonic, but he does find him rather annoying at times. That's about it. 

30 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

I really like this type of conflicts where neither side is completelly right, although I personally lean on Sonic's side (#Team Sonic) since it encourages fans to discuss their positions, kind of like how Federation fans do with those that support Zeon. XD

But don't they switch between which one is good and evil in like every series of gundam? Like I remember gundam series where one side is just strait up, the worst. Or parts of it are the worst. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

I don't think it's hate. More like losing his patience with Sonic who is standing in his way,

By that logic thats everyone he faces on in battle! Sonic and Shadow don't get along generally as casuals and Shadow expresses cruelty to Sonic for just bothering him.

and how the tension keeps building as Shadow keeps moving towards the doc while Sonic does everything he can to block him.

Because Sonic is being an idiot so this maybe one of those instances Shadow is pointing out Sonic being ignorant like Sonic does Knuckles, for example Shadow thinks Sonic is arrogant and a simplistic fool according to his Sonic and the Olympics cutscene. Shadow doesn't want Sonic to interfere because Eggman is a still major irredeemable threat plus it's idiotic to let him live.

Just the part where Sonic starts to get serious and tells Shadow that he's not laying a finger on Eggman resonates with me because how it all mirrors the conflict between law (punishing Eggman regardless of wether he lost his memories or not) which is represented by Shadow versus doing what is right (him losing his memories being a chance for the doc to turn his life around and use his brilliant mind to help others) that Sonic is standing for.

Shadow couldn't care less about what Sonic believes in, same with Sonic, their both stubborn arrogant rivals who square up at the challenge of a fight, just to prove their power. I feel it's one of those situations that Shadow knows Sonic means well but doesn't care a damn bit about Sonic's moral stance and thinks little of him outside of battle. Their moral stances helps fuels their rivalry, but they won't shy away from fighting for kicks, because shadow generally is hostile to Sonic out of pure contempt and ego.

Both stances haver their cons and pros, since doing what is right also comes with the risk of "what if Eggman turns evil again", while enforcing the law would essentially deny Eggman the chance to redeem himself, and might be cause for him to turn evil again by feeling that he is being punished for something that perhaps he truly does not remember and would develop a grudge, especially if he feels betrayed by Sonic. 

No, Eggman is a irredeemable vile dictator and mass murderer who's past actions as killed as many as thousands if not millions of people directly or indirectly. Sonic standing up for him is stupidity and foolish since it marks Sonic as a heartless enabler of chaos who is just as responsible for many deaths he's failed to stop when Eggman wrecked havoc, if anything Shadow should kill both Eggman and Sonic since their stints make threats like Chaos and Infinite happen due to their mindless fighting and competitive addiction of besting the other. Plus Shadow doesn't like Sonic all that much, and doesn't need an excuse to fight Sonic because he's his rival, Sonic being opposed to Shadow's methods fuels flames for Shadow to beat up Sonic to death even more. This is consistent in every sonic iteration show against the two.

I personally just think it's a fight between rivals and both of them testing themselves by using Eggman as a excuse to fight. Shadow's moral stances were never important in the games, the characters simply accepted it or were against it and it was why they fought alot despite them being on the same side. 

43 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

@Dash Speed Care to explain why Knuckles hates Sonic? You didn't really explain that.

It's Knuckles view points of Sonic. He views Sonic as a impulsive, ill mannered, smug manchild who doesn't take anything seriously and finds Sonic an annoying person to be around since Sonic naturally gets on peoples nerves by just being eccentrically upbeat and egotistical. Knux developed a rivalry because Sonic is the wind and freedom to Knuckles Mountain and content and Knux hates that Sonic as good as he is in what he does doesn't cherish doing a responsible job in saving the world.

45 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

It's Knuckles view points of Sonic. He views Sonic as a impulsive, ill mannered, smug manchild who doesn't take anything seriously and finds Sonic an annoying person to be around since Sonic naturally gets on peoples nerves by just being eccentrically upbeat and egotistical. Knux developed a rivalry because Sonic is the wind and freedom to Knuckles Mountain and content and Knux hates that Sonic as good as he is in what he does doesn't cherish doing a responsible job in saving the world.

Besides S&K3, and the early Archie comics, I never seen Knuckles being a rival to Sonic, nor do I see Knuckles calling Sonic annoying. They are friends, and friendly rivals AT WORST, and Knuckles definitely does not, as you put it, "hate Sonic."
RCO004.jpg

Now look at this image and tell me that Knuckles hates Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 7

Better yet, look at everything past Hidden Palace in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and say that...

6 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Besides S&K3, and the early Archie comics, I never seen Knuckles being a rival to Sonic, nor do I see Knuckles calling Sonic annoying. They are friends, and friendly rivals AT WORST, and Knuckles definitely does not, as you put it, "hate Sonic."

Sonic X pulled this stunt, and it was irritating to see. Especially the English version. Knuckles clearly has a problem with him early in the series, and I wouldn't be surprised if he felt that Sonic was annoying. He blames Sonic for the group ending up on Chris' world in the first place (Episode 3). And boy does it really become evident when Eggman tricks him in Episode 5 and he felt his opinions of Sonic were "justified". After that, the "friendship" of Sonic and Knuckles isn't really touched upon again and it is like nothing even happened between them. At least they got his temper and "fists before words" personality down, I suppose.

As for the comics, I have never seen Knuckles act this way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah Knuckles hasn't ever really acted the way Dash is claiming outside of Sonic X. No clue what he's talking about.

On a lighter note Solicits are out It sounds like every character introduced in the first 8 issues is playing a role which honestly makes sense. Ian did say the first year was a complete story I think.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Sonic X pulled this stunt, and it was irritating to see. Especially the English version. Knuckles clearly has a problem with him early in the series, and I wouldn't be surprised if he felt that Sonic was annoying. He blames Sonic for the group ending up on Chris' world in the first place (Episode 3). And boy does it really become evident when Eggman tricks him in Episode 5 and he felt his opinions of Sonic were "justified". After that, the "friendship" of Sonic and Knuckles isn't really touched upon again and it is like nothing even happened between them. At least they got his temper and "fists before words" personality down, I suppose.

To be fair on both angles,:

1.  It was essentially Sonic's fault in part that they ended up there and Eggman's lie did resemble [at least half of] how he would/did respond to the situation.
  2. Sonic X was primarily using both Adventure games and the first two Advance games as source material, which have Knuckles portrayed as being more serious-minded than Sonic and prone ot engaging him in fights over the current predicament(not entirely sure about Advance 1, though). 

5 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Yeah Knuckles hasn't ever really acted the way Dash is claiming outside of Sonic X. No clue what he's talking about.

On a lighter note Solicits are out It sounds like every character introduced in the first 8 issues is playing a role which honestly makes sense. Ian did say the first year was a complete story I think.

This is gonna be lit!

9 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

So it seems that the chances of Cream and Big appearing in the first year are diminishing. 

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

So it seems that the chances of Cream and Big appearing in the first year are diminishing. 

Yeah, unfortunately, it's just the way it's crumblin.

Unlike Blaze, those two haven't really been the most geared for Endgame stuff. They've mainly been supporters off to the side, with only Heroes(where they were alongside Amy), Chronicles(where Big was mandatory and Cream was optional), and Panic in the Sky(where they had their own subplot in a separate location they were scarcely around for) as notable inclusions.

4 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

No cover? 😕

Probably wanna avoid showing off Whisper and Mysterious Monster early.

• Thumbs Up 1

Solicits left out Blaze. What's up with that?

Otherwise this is looking promising since this month's issue should be laying the ground work for Sonic going after our current big bad next issue. My anticipation is increasing.

Wait a second. Burning Blaze? ...GEMERL?!

This just got a whole lot more interesting...

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it’s just the lighting...

EDIT: actually she’s the only one not riding extreme gear, so I guess so!

She's wearing red, and the cuffs around her gloves and shoes are clearly pink.

It's Burning Blaze.

(EDIT: ...Stupid mobile keyboard...)

What's more, the solicit this came from says that the entire gang has gathered to go to Angel Island and stop "one of the greatest threats Sonic has ever faced" from taking the Master Emerald and using its power to control the world.

This could get interesting.

• Thumbs Up 3