Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

19 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

uGk9X1.jpg

Now there's a nice cover, though it is a little comical that Blaze is using her Burning form. I guess technically though she should have the Sol Emeralds on her person though so why not if the threat they're up against is as big as the solicits make it out to be. 

Still, kind of cool seeing everyone in one pic bar the new character, Whisper. I wonder if this is an edited version that is purposely excluding her and we'll see it updated later. I know it's unlikely, but in the age of digital art all you have to do is literally turn off the layers that the character would be on, and poof, they're gone and easily turned back on later. Even then I have no idea where they would fit so... Anyway, awesome cover and it's kind of cool seeing the Extreme Gears in use.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

What's more, the solicit this came from says that the entire gang has gathered to go to Angel Island and stop "one of the greatest threats Sonic has ever faced" from taking the Master Emerald and using its power to control the world.

This could get interesting.

Surprised Big wasn't included.

Are these covers revealing who the main players are in thus story. I'm shocked Shadow and Rouge is barely visible with core three and amy

10 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Anyway, awesome cover and it's kind of cool seeing the Extreme Gears in use.

I'm wondering if Jet or the others will appear soon.

45 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

uGk9X1.jpg

Oh look there’s Cream.

AND GEMERL

I LOVE IT !!!!! As a Rider fan I'm happy.

But where's Whisper?

I think Tangle and Silver are fanboying on Blaze 😛

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Team Dark should be in there own self contained book if they gotta play a role lesser than Sonic, Knuckles and Tails, this one of the problems i have with the Archie series, Knuckles basically took most of the characters self contained story arcs and made every character wrapped around him and Angel island, after Sonic.

Is that the main cover? If not that might explain Whisper's absence, and I think it makes sense to hold off on fully revealing a new character until we're closer to their debut. Err that and the usual "don't take covers that literally" thing.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Is that the main cover? If not that might explain Whisper's absence, and I think it makes sense to hold off on fully revealing a new character until we're closer to their debut. Err that and the usual "don't take covers that literally" thing.

It’s the retailer incentive cover. That’s always revealed first.

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

It’s the retailer incentive cover. That’s always revealed first.

So, pretty much the cover to grab readers' attention. 

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

uGk9X1.jpg

Oh look there’s Cream.

AND GEMERL

They didn't spoil that character

darn

uGk9X1.jpg

Oh look there’s Cream.

AND GEMERL

Blue Star, Red Rock, and Sol Emerald Gears ahoy!

Cream, Cheese, Omega, and Gemerl join the Party.

Also, gotta love that "spotlight" on Vec'z.

• Thumbs Up 2

The solcit for issue 9: 

"The Battle for Angel Island," Part 1. One of the greatest threats Sonic has ever faced descends upon Angel Island, home of the mystical Master Emerald, seeking to take the Emerald's power and control the world. Can Sonic and his friends stop the attack on the island-or is it already too late?

Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Tangle, Whisper, Shadow... Everyone's in this issue!

It's all been building to this!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

1 hour ago, Dash Speed said:

Shouldn't it be Shadow instead of Blaze next to Sonic and Knuckles?

Under the typical circumstances, perhaps... 

...But Shadow doesn't have a Burning Form.

16 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

They didn't spoil that character

darn

:lol: 

This got interesting, I think they will reveal the big bad's identity in issue 7, issue 8 for the calm before the storm and introduce Whisper, and then the battle begins here.

But where does Eggman fit into this? I'm glad things are not being spoiled. We don't know a thing about what happens to him.

And the cover clearly doesn't include all the characters, Big could still be in, since Whisper doesn't appear either but he's mentioned in the solicit.

One more thing: what's that? With all the characters, another ship? Hopefully it's not another Sky Patrol, I didn't mind it honestly but people had problems with the gang staying permanently up there.

Edit: Wait, it looks more like a cruise ship, lol. They are riding on the sea.

uGk9X1.jpg

Oh look there’s Cream.

AND GEMERL

*peeks*

Spoiler

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

But seriously, this sounds awesome, glad to see the newly introduced characters returning, and (Burning) Blaze!!! Also it seems the mysterious-dr-claw-like-villain will be revealed fairly soon, unless it's not him, but someone he will send to get the job done, anyways, this is building to something, and i hope that it pays off.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

The solcit for issue 9: 

"The Battle for Angel Island," Part 1. One of the greatest threats Sonic has ever faced descends upon Angel Island, home of the mystical Master Emerald, seeking to take the Emerald's power and control the world. Can Sonic and his friends stop the attack on the island-or is it already too late?

Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Tangle, Whisper, Shadow... Everyone's in this issue!

It's all been building to this!

Shadow is not Sonics friend. It's obviously illustrated in this cover.

Just now, Dash Speed said:

Oh, onto this subject again, huh?
Sure, Shadow might not consider Sonic a "friend".
That doesn't mean Shadow absolutely hates Sonic's guts. 
He's more indifferent than anything.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Has it been confirmed what species whisper is?

Nope. The cover did a good job not spoiling her yet.

• Thumbs Up 4

31 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

I find it hilarious Extreme Gear will be showing up before the Babylon Rogues.

Flynn said he wasn't fond of them, not their hoverboards

43 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Under the typical circumstances, perhaps... 

...But Shadow doesn't have a Burning Form.

:lol: 

I was hoping

Also maybe they just didn't have enough hover boards. Though I mean shadow can like, fly and shit now so I guess that doesn't matter? Also silver can fly too? 

Lets just not take covers too seriously

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Surprised Big wasn't included.

Big was too big, couldn't fit on the ship

24 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Can you stop that already? One thing is having your take on the character, but complaining about Shadow being included in the group of friends is too much. And Shadow has some respect for Sonic, he's not buddies with him, but he also doesn't hate Sonic. otherwise he wouldn't team up with him in past games.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, JosepHenry said:

Can you stop that already? One thing is having your take on the character, but complaining about Shadow being included in the group of friends is too much.

Ok, on one hand. I don't think shadow being included in the friend group too much is an unreasonable complaint, if it was valid. I don't want shadow to be knuckles, knuckles character in general has gotten worse over the years, and shadow and a lot of other folks survived because they weren't around as much.

But again, his complaint really isn't valid because its a team up issue. Everyone is here, shadow will probs be gone when its done. 

I hope that makes sense

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Ok, on one hand. I don't think shadow being included in the friend group too much is an unreasonable complaint, if it was valid. I don't want shadow to be knuckles, knuckles character in general has gotten worse over the years, and shadow and a lot of other folks survived because they weren't around as much.

But again, his complaint really isn't valid because its a team up issue. Everyone is here, shadow will probs be gone when its done. 

I hope that makes sense

All of Sonic's friends, or all of Sonic's teammates, or comrades, it doesn't make a difference.

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I hope that makes sense

I see but Ian doesnt just turn Shadow into Knuckles, they are completely different characters.

26 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Oh, onto this subject again, huh?
Sure, Shadow might not consider Sonic a "friend".
That doesn't mean Shadow absolutely hates Sonic's guts. 
He's more indifferent than anything.

Just ignore him.

Anyway my bet is still that Neo Metal Sonic is the Big Bad. Chances are this arc (However long it is) will end with Eggman regaining his Memories and taking up the main Baddie role again.