Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Oh yeah. What the heck were they thinking there?

Joe Edkin probably didn't care that much. He also said that the spaceship Eggman has in the Adventure 2 adaptation was made by Chris's dad even though it just appears in like 2 episodes and nobody acts like they've ever seen it before. 

iirc Edkin was literally under the impression Amy could fly for...some reason.

iirc Edkin was literally under the impression Amy could fly for...some reason.

I admit, they made a rather convincing reason for Sonic and Shadow to fight that makes sense for both of their personalities instead of just both characters acting stupid for the sake of said fight. It helps that they didn't immediately start going at each other and the conflict is just escalating from their first encounter. It feels like genuine personality clash that leads to the conflict. 

• Thumbs Up 5

16 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I admit, they made a rather convincing reason for Sonic and Shadow to fight that makes sense for both of their personalities instead of just both characters acting stupid for the sake of said fight. It helps that they didn't immediately start going at each other and the conflict is just escalating from their first encounter. It feels like genuine personality clash that leads to the conflict. 

Yeah, I think this is done A LOT better than the shadow and knuckles fight. I wonder where it will go 

50 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Yeah, I think this is done A LOT better than the shadow and knuckles fight. I wonder where it will go 

It works better here since Sonic & Shadow have a long history of clashing with each other; Shadow & Knuckles barely interacted in the entire franchise before those issues, so a conflict with them is a bit harder to sell, but I feel it worked out for the most part. 

38 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

It works better here since Sonic & Shadow have a long history of clashing with each other; Shadow & Knuckles barely interacted in the entire franchise before those issues, so a conflict with them is a bit harder to sell, but I feel it worked out for the most part. 

I think this one worked better personally because the reasoning fit and its escalated well, rather than just clashing. When Shadow and crew get to the island, knuckles is just kind of a dick, yeah like shadow ends up also being a dick. But knuckles just for whatever reason , doesn't trust a guy he literally saw defeat the thing he was warning him about and knuckles doesn't remember the terrible consequences of what happens. Now when shadow goes to try and take the emerald himself that felt natural, however the tension before that just kinda felt like the author needed to force some animosity that wasn't really there because... it kinda felt like outside of the emerald these character shouldn't really have issues. This becomes super apparent in the next meet up where they bond and understand each other, I actually found that way more interesting than them fighting. Not every interaction needs to be a battle, and knuckles and shadow being a suprising set of friends is way more interesting than forced conflict

luckily this, for what we have seen so far doesn't seem to forced, though i've known a comic or two to pull a contrivance out of their rear later in  the story so here's hoping that doesn't happen.

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

To be fair, that's accurate to the source material it was working off. 

I thought you were still talking about Amy for a second. 

5 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I think Evan Stanley said there would be a bird ally introduced in this series...

A quiet bird...what an odd prospect.

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Joe Edkin probably didn't care that much. He also said that the spaceship Eggman has in the Adventure 2 adaptation was made by Chris's dad even though it just appears in like 2 episodes and nobody acts like they've ever seen it before. 

...Wut...

11 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

The sonic X comic was a weird fever dream I continue to question actually happened

It didn't, none of this is real.

Wake up

W o k e- ify

Just now, Razule said:

It didn't, none of this is real.

Wake up

W o k e- ify

Can't wake up

SAVE ME 

7 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Do you wonder why Diana Skelly didn't join the IDW yet?

Maybe they're working out negotiations for other old Archie artists. After all, issue 8 brings back Lamar Wells after a long absence. As far as I can tell, Skelly, Spaz, and Steve Butler are the only old Archie artists not on board the new book yet.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ok it didn't occur to me that Evan Stanley was posting IDW Sonic WIPS. Anyway here's another one-

tumblr_pansnguN0e1rcatnso1_1280.jpg

(The quills at the bottom are silvers)

I think the both of them are in a ship of some sort? Perhaps the ship that's shown in issues 7/9?

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

The sonic X comic was a weird fever dream I continue to question actually happened

It was mostly good though. There were a few duds but I enjoyed it.

Yeah, not to be a jerk, but the artwork for the X comics looked very off.

Tim Smith 3 and David Hutchinson mostly. Thankfully their contributions were limited. Then there was that guy that just straight up traced screen shots.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

It was mostly good though. There were a few duds but I enjoyed it.

Any recommendations? 

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, not to be a jerk, but the artwork for the X comics looked very off.

There was a lot of tracing if i remember 

8 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Any recommendations? 

The El Gran Gordo issues are great. Otherwise, the rest of Ian's run is decent, but nothing really spectacular.

• Thumbs Up 5

I hope we see some good characters interactions on that ship.

Just like the character interactions in the space ship (Sonic X) where Vector wanted to help Tails seduce Cosmo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Issues 15 and 16 were the only ones that were traced. Issue 21 also had one panel that looked traced, but everything else was drawn from the ground up as far as I could tell.

Anyway, I'm wondering if Rouge or the Chaotix will help calm down Sonic and shadow, or maybe try go figure out what's the deal with "Mr. Tinker".

48 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Anyway, I'm wondering if Rouge or the Chaotix will help calm down Sonic and shadow, or maybe try go figure out what's the deal with "Mr. Tinker".

The Chaotix, maybe. However, by the looks of the cover, Rouge seems to be enjoying the fight.

14 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

The Chaotix, maybe. However, by the looks of the cover, Rouge seems to be enjoying the fight.

In case that, I don't know what noteworthy things she could do.

6 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I hope we see some good characters interactions on that ship.

Just like the character interactions in the space ship (Sonic X) where Vector wanted to help Tails seduce Cosmo.

Ah yeah, Sprung is near.