Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

That would imply that Sonic would have a flaw, and we all know SEGA hates that.

Well this is a childrens game, and if we put any real world context with any moral logic into Sonic's actions. Sonic would be labeled insane or completely horrific, Sonic saves Eggman from Shadow, people would cheer Shadow to take them both out. 

1 minute ago, Dash Speed said:

Well this is a childrens game, and if we put any real world context with any moral logic into Sonic's actions. Sonic would be labeled insane or completely horrific, Sonic saves Eggman from Shadow, people would cheer Shadow to take them both out. 

There is proof that Eggman has changed. I don't think Eggman is lying about his amnesia. A whole lot of people believe him, not just Sonic. The Chaotix, the townspeople... yeah, if anything, Eggman isn't lying, but will regain his memories. However, I believe that "Mr. Tinker" will stay for a while. In before Dash Speed labels me a psychopath for believing in Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Sonic is a freedom loving headonist sociopath who wants to keep a mass murding monster alive, he doesn't have the right to pardon Eggman of various crimes nor does he want to, he just wants Eggman to be source of his thrills after all. Shadow is doing the right thing and me being a fan doesn't change the fact you can't say he's doing something wrong.

This is just a comic book chill.

7 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

There is proof that Eggman has changed. I don't think Eggman is lying about his amnesia. A whole lot of people believe him, not just Sonic. The Chaotix, the townspeople... yeah, if anything, Eggman isn't lying, but will regain his memories. However, I believe that "Mr. Tinker" will stay for a while. In before Dash Speed labels me a psychopath for believing in Eggman.

Eggman has this staged, he's gonna play Sonic at being the "changed man" state till it's the ripe time to strike. Sonic should know better than to believe what  a bunch of low rent detectives have to say about a genius mastermind who's notorious for fooling heroes into being completely innocent. Knuckles whole gag is build on being lied to, plus Shadow is a guy who would fight Sonic to the death in order to protect the world, part of if the world becomes my enemy deal. Sonic so far represents the world being his enemy since Eggman is always a enemy and Sonic is defending him against someone who has pure and noble reasons to kill him.

2 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Eggman has this staged, he's gonna play Sonic at being the "changed man" state till it's the ripe time to strike. Sonic should know better than to believe what  a bunch of low rent detectives have to say about a genius mastermind who's notorious for fooling heroes into being completely innocent. Knuckles whole gag is build on being lied to, plus Shadow is a guy who would fight Sonic to the death in order to protect the world, part of if the world becomes my enemy deal. Sonic so far represents the world being his enemy since Eggman is always a enemy and Sonic is defending him against someone who has pure and noble reasons to kill him.

That's deep.

But we don't know the whole deal yet, we don't know if it's really Eggman so I'll wait till issue 6 comes out.

• Thumbs Up 2

You're not a psycho if you believe Eggman, it's supposed to be that way 😛

But me I'm confused about it and that's the whole intent of the story

Just now, Marco9966 said:

You're not a psycho if you believe Eggman, it's supposed to be that way 😛

But me I'm confused about it and that's the whole intent of the story

Eggman is a nutty guy. Sonic is a nutty kid. I obviously see why both of them want to perserve each others lives.

2 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Eggman is a nutty guy. Sonic is a nutty kid. I obviously see why both of them want to perserve each others lives.

If Eggman is dead what's gonna Sonic do in his free time? What will his life purpose be?

If Eggman is dead what's gonna Sonic do in his free time? What will be his life purpose be?

He can get a job and be a real man

1 minute ago, Dash Speed said:

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

If Eggman is dead what's gonna Sonic do in his free time? What will his life purpose be?

Fight other bad guys and maybe some exploration (I know your kidding).

4 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

If Eggman is dead what's gonna Sonic do in his free time? What will be his life purpose be?

Thats the problem, it makes Sonic a psychopath who really doesn't have any empathy for the people lives he lets Eggman destroy. Doesn't like showing emotion, and he prefers to unlimited freedom over bonding really close with people he cares about, plus because he loves action and Eggman is the source of it he just won't allow himself to take responsibility over stopping evil for good. At least Mario shows he wants to kill King Bowser and is serious about ending his terror. Sonic just can't get enough of Eggman being his fix for adventure and thrills and just breaks his stuff.

Just now, Razule said:

He can get a job and be a real man

Only the Chaotix and Rouge have jobs.

I wonder how people in Sonic's universe pay the rent, how Amy pays her appartment rent?

Cream has her mother, Chaotix have cases, Blaze collects taxes from her people...

Just now, Dash Speed said:

Thats the problem, it makes Sonic a psychopath who really doesn't have any empathy for the people lives he lets Eggman destroy. Doesn't like showing emotion, and he prefers to unlimited freedom over peace and prosperity because he loves action and Eggman is the source of it.

They addressed what happens to Sonic if Eggman dies, back in the old days of Archie comics, Sonic was upset that Eggman is dead and he finds no purpose in life now that he has no ennemy.

7 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

They addressed what happens to Sonic if Eggman dies, back in the old days of Archie comics, Sonic was upset that Eggman is dead and he finds no purpose in life now that he has no ennemy.

Whoa, wait a minute. What issue was this?

12 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Whoa, wait a minute. What issue was this?

I think it's issue 54

Here is where Sonic is upset "It sinks now that Robotnik is gone" (of course Eggman returned in later issues)

Spoiler

RCO020.jpg

RCO021.jpg

RCO024.jpg

7 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I think it's issue 54

Here is where Sonic is upset "It sinks now that Robotnik is gone" (of course Eggman returned in later issues)

Hide contents

RCO020.jpg

RCO021.jpg

RCO024.jpg

Well given that this was written by Penders, the accuracy of this scenario is questionable. 

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Well given that this was written by Penders, the accuracy of this scenario is questionable. 

It was written by Bollers. (dunno if it's less questionable)

Also very questionable

54 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Sonic is a freedom loving headonist sociopath who wants to keep a mass murding monster alive, he doesn't have the right to pardon Eggman of various crimes nor does he want to, he just wants Eggman to be source of his thrills after all. Shadow is doing the right thing and me being a fan doesn't change the fact you can't say he's doing something wrong.

Maybe, but he also doesn't have the right to take his life either. If you want to put Sonic and his world to a similar level where there are actual consequences, look no further than Batman, who let's the Joker live despite him doing much, much worse than Eggman ever has.

That being said, the Sonic franchise is not like that since it doesn't ground the things that it happens in it's world on the same level as ours, which is why there are no consequences like people getting killed (at least not on screen, like when Eggman shattered the planet in Unleashed) and think that fans need to accept that it just won't dwelve into that direction.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skull Leader said:

Maybe, but he also doesn't have the right to take his life either. If you want to put Sonic and his world to a similar level where there are actual consequences, look no further than Batman, who let's the Joker live despite him doing much, much worse than Eggman ever has.

That being said, the Sonic franchise is not like that since it doesn't ground the things that it happens in it's world on the same level as ours, which is why there are no consequences like people getting killed (at least not on screen, like when Eggman shattered the planet in Unleashed) and think that fans need to accept that it just won't dwelve into that direction.

But there is the Chao's death in SA1 (and the echidna tribe after), and Maria in SA2.

These were subjects that Adventure series didn't shy away from.

(But I wouldn't want IDW to dwelve into it either unless it was for good story reasons)

2 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Yeah I figured, but this direction would make Shadow pretty much justified in doing anything when Sonic and him fight, otherwise Shadow comes off as a bully who hates being stood up against.

"Sonic is a sociopath/psychopath" What? Wh....what????? I can't believe I'm reading this phrase with my own two eyes...

You know this is a fictional game, a cartoon right?

12 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

You didnt like her being the one to calm everyone down?

I'm okay with her being the brain/common sense out of the three, but I felt that became her only defining feature in the Archie run. Especially since she was always a secondary character, and they toned down her body and suggestive personality.

My impression of Archie's Rouge is she was more "normal" and a "mom" than a sly, cunning spy-thief. For example I found it odd she was visibly sweating and nervous toward King Acorn. I expected her to be more calm and even playful, she should've experienced more stressful situations.

Of course I don't remember all the details, and that's what I think she should be. Could be wrong. Maybe wrong. Probably wrong...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still not buying the "Sonic is a sociopath" thing. That sounds like something that MatPat would say. I would take SBR2's advice and just ignore @Dash Speed.

• Thumbs Up 6

8 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Oh, probably the same amount of questionablity. 

6 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I'm still not buying the "Sonic is a sociopath" thing. That sounds like something that MatPat would say. I would take SBR2's advice and just ignore @Dash Speed.

His theme songs is all about being without a care in the world and not caring about what others want or need of him(symptoms of anti social disorder) and Sonic and the Black Knight basically encapsulates everything Sonic could define as a sociopath.

• Chuckle 1