Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

His theme songs is all about being without a care in the world and not caring about what orders want or need of him(symptoms of anti social disorder) and Sonic and the Black Knight basically encapsulates everything Sonic could define as a sociopath.

No! It's powerful people who achieve stuff that don't care what others think, someone can talk to that pretty girl in front of everyone and not care what other people think, and gets a number (for example).

But sociopaths don't care what other people feel, they want other people to not think they're bad so they can continue to lie and do bad stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic isn't a damn sociopath. He's just a dude that likes giving people chances, he's a free living just go with the flow kinda guy. There's an interaction in the pre-boot where eggman has gone fucking bonkers and tails is rather cynical about it ( which I actually like ) and sonic being rather compassionate even feeling bad for making him that crazy.You could make the argument that sonic shouldn't really have cared, you would be right , but he did. 

Shadow is a  " Due to optimal thing that results in most lives saved , kinda guy " he isn't going to imprison everyone, he doesn't really care too. He does however think that letting eggman roam  around now especially if this comic takes place after forces is a bad idea. He knows first hand you can be dangerous with no memory, and he thinks that eggman is a ticking time bomb.

I don't think sonic is a sociopath, nor do I think shadow is some unfeeling murderous anti-hero. And I think the suggestion that they are is extremely strange

All I hope is, they don't try to compare shadow and eggman, because that doesn't work. And feels very " both sides" to me, and I don't think sonic needs to veery down that path. And I hope they don't even address that in such a manner. 

I also hope they actually show shadow having a character. But that's another discussion 

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Sonic isn't a damn sociopath. He's just a dude that likes giving people chances, he's a free living just go with the flow kinda guy. There's an interaction in the pre-boot where eggman has gone fucking bonkers and tails is rather cynical about it ( which I actually like ) and sonic being rather compassionate even feeling bad for making him that crazy.You could make the argument that sonic shouldn't really have cared, you would be right , but he did. 

Shadow is a  " Due to optimal thing that results in most lives saved , kinda guy " he isn't going to imprison everyone, he doesn't really care too. He does however think that letting eggman roam  around now especially if this comic takes place after forces is a bad idea. He knows first hand you can be dangerous with no memory, and he thinks that eggman is a ticking time bomb.

I don't think sonic is a sociopath, nor do I think shadow is some unfeeling murderous anti-hero. And I think the suggestion that they are is extremely strange

All I hope is, they don't try to compare shadow and eggman, because that doesn't work. And feels very " both sides" to me, and I don't think sonic needs to veery down that path. And I hope they don't even address that in such a manner. 

I also hope they actually show shadow having a character. But that's another discussion 

You should change your profile pic cuz I thought Dash Speed changed his mind.

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Thank you. We need more people like you to combat this misunderstanding.

• Thumbs Up 1

*Pops in  after a near four day hiatus*

Oh, Gemerl's back.  That's cool, so is this some sort of season finale issue, or something?  Interesting choice if that's the case.  Also, the fact that Burning Blaze is in this makes me now gravitate towards Nega being involved as this hidden villain now.

Oh, and no, Sonic being a sociopath is likely another load of over thinking things.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

No! It's powerful people who achieve stuff that don't care what others think, someone can talk to that pretty girl in front of everyone and not care what other people think, and gets a number (for example).

But sociopaths don't care what other people feel, they want other people to not think they're bad so they can continue to lie and do bad stuff.

So Sonic is not a sociopath for rejecting Amy and basically doesn't care about her feelings for him if it's obviously hinted he's in to her, especially in Archie basically ignoring her directly for Sally and not confronting her about it? Sonic may be powerful, but he shows he only puts things into self perspective if it makes sense to his beliefs, he'll throw down with figures who lost their kingdoms and feel not remorse because he thinks living to the end is cooler(The Black Knight), thats a subjective excuse to prioritize oneself with no reguard to their feelings. Hence a sociopath.

• Absolutely 1

3 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

So Sonic is not a sociopath for rejecting Amy and basically doesn't care about her feelings for him if it's obviously hinted he's in to her, especially in Archie basically ignoring her directly for Sally

That's what millions of people do every second! Not every person agrees to date another person automatically.

5 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

he'll throw down with figures who lost their kingdoms and feel not remorse because he thinks living to the end is cooler(The Black Knight), thats a subjective excuse to prioritize oneself with no reguard to their feelings. Hence a sociopath.

Except that A.) He was told King Arthur went mad and become evil and B.) Merlina was seemingly dragging the kingdom to the Underworld in hopes of having ig last forever. It seems like you're ignoring crucial plot points.

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Except that A.) He was told King Arthur went mad and become evil and B.) Merlina was seemingly dragging the kingdom to the Underworld in hopes of having ig last forever. It seems like you're ignoring crucial plot points.

If anything, Merlina is the sociopath.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I think you got him.

13 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

So Sonic is not a sociopath for rejecting Amy and basically doesn't care about her feelings for him if it's obviously hinted he's in to her, especially in Archie basically ignoring her directly for Sally and not confronting her about it?

No one has any obligation to humor your , or even address your feelings for them. Thems the breaks. 

Its up to you to decide what that non adressing does for your relationship with that person

No one cares if you are a nice guy or a nice girl in this situation

Sonic may be powerful, but he shows he only puts things into self perspective if it makes sense to his beliefs, he'll throw down with figures who lost their kingdoms and feel not remorse because he thinks living to the end is cooler(The Black Knight), thats a subjective excuse to prioritize oneself with no reguard to their feelings. Hence a sociopath.

Ok

If you want to suggest that sonic is childish in his view of the world. And heck someone at IDW even decides to write a story about it , where sonic is kinda childish in a similar situation to this eggman thing and the other person is right. Maybe shadow, and the whole story is about maybe sonic learning about that maybe him not being fond of something working a certain way didn't matter. And letting some criminal go causes some terrible shit to happen, and maybe he backs down a bit more and considers other people might be doing a thing for a reason. And maybe a 16 year old might not have the best grasp on the world at large. And you use that as a criticism for his character

You could do that, you could criticize sonic for being a bit of a brat( or due to the severity of this situation an immature teenager that actively made things worse ) , but that's what it is , being a bit of a brat rather than... being a soceopath 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

You could do that, you could criticize sonic for being a bit of a brat, but that's what it is , being a bit of a brat rather than... being a soceopath 

I feel like we often forget that most of the heroes are young.

Plus, Sonic doesn't let anything get to him, even Dark Gaia failed to corrupt him.

(although I'd have preffered to have Dark Sonic canon because no one is perfect and everybody has a dark side).

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Exactly

Now if you want to make the argument that sonic is not punished for his mistakes enough, or isn't allowed to have enough character flaws, i'll agree with you 100% ( though boom... and that movie eug.... seem to be changing that ). But he ain't a sociopath, the closet character to a sociopath is rouge  and even this is more just being selfish or  or not being nice enough to care as much as some others, but she still does depending on the person

1 hour ago, Razule said:

He can get a job and be a real man

Or just keep exploring the world and livin his own way, just without Eggman himself as a recurring buttnik to kick.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Blaze collects taxes from her people...

Does she?

How the heck do you collect taxes from a world filled with islands and potentially uncharted waters for a kingdom we've never actually seen or gotten hints of?

38 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

My impression of Archie's Rouge is she was more "normal" and a "mom" than a sly, cunning spy-thief. For example I found it odd she was visibly sweating and nervous toward King Acorn. I expected her to be more calm and even playful, she should've experienced more stressful situations.

Of course I don't remember all the details, and that's what I think she should be. Could be wrong. Maybe wrong. Probably wrong...

To be fair, that was probably meant to be a more clear hint that King Nigel is much more capable to being stern and even authoritative than his usual jolly demeanor would have you believe.

If anything, Pre-boot Rouge was known for being selfish, dirty, and somewhat callous in her actions than the game version. So if anything, it was a minor overcorrection after the Reboot to fix it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DabigRG said:

Does she?

How the heck do you collect taxes from a world filled with islands and potentially uncharted waters for a kingdom we've never actually seen or gotten hints of?

It's a joke 😛

Don't monarchs collect taxes?

On 6/20/2018 at 10:18 AM, Ernest-Panda said:

uGk9X1.jpg

...does the ship look like King Boom Boo to anyone else?

• Chuckle 1

New cover sneak peek.

btw how is it that they already have printed copies of issue 7 and yet issue 6 is still delayed a week?

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

*Pops in  after a near four day hiatus*

Oh, Gemerl's back.  That's cool, so is this some sort of season finale issue, or something?  Interesting choice if that's the case.  Also, the fact that Burning Blaze is in this makes me now gravitate towards Nega being involved as this hidden villain now.

Oh, and no, Sonic being a sociopath is likely another load of over thinking things.

I wonder how Sega would feel about IDW using Nega, especially when currently there's very little chance that he'll ever appear again in the games.

9 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Cannot unsee now. 

5 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

I wonder how Sega would feel about IDW using Nega, especially when currently there's very little chance that he'll ever appear again in the games.

Well, he recently got his own Sonic Channel page. Also, I'm thinking the mandate against him back in Archie was lifted ever since he got confirmed to be "another dimension" and Ian just never got around to use him.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Well, he recently got his own Sonic Channel page. Also, I'm thinking the mandate against him back in Archie was lifted ever since he got confirmed to be "another dimension" and Ian just never got around to use him.

I don't think the publishing company is that much of a factor since if Sega feels like doing so, they can simply tell IDW that Nega is off-limits, along with other stuff like not making references to other spinoffs like Sonic X, the OVA, etc.

What makes me curious is that in case that Sega does give the green-light of Nega, what implications could they have for the games, like, is he now a retired character that is fair-game for the comic to use?

28 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

especially in Archie basically ignoring her directly for Sally and not confronting her about it?

Even though he's fairly more patient with Amy's behavior there and even chooses to hang out with her once for the sake of it?

Also, who's should confront whom now?

Sonic may be powerful, but he shows he only puts things into self perspective if it makes sense to his beliefs,

So, like a number of normal people do?

, he'll throw down with figures who lost their kingdoms and feel not remorse because he thinks living to the end is cooler(The Black Knight),

Nevermind that Merlina was acting in denial of the inevitable(and possibly already happening?) future, using dark magic to artificially preserve, and was possibly at risk of causing a paradox by doing so.

32 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

If anything, Merlina is the sociopath.

Nah, I definitely wouldn't go that angle either. Merlina was understandably distraught by the premonition of her kingdom destroying itself one fateful day and wanted to keep that downfall from happening, by any means necessary. Which unfortunately meant using dark magic to trap it in a unnaturally state of perpetual existence.

33 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, it was quite a trip when I realized the prevalence of that.

28 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

But he ain't a sociopath, the closet character to a sociopath is rouge  and even this is more just being selfish or  or not being nice enough to care as much as some others, but she still does depending on the person

Off the top of my head, the only other character's that might qualify moreso are Mephiles/Solaris, Erazor, Djinn Dr. Nega, Finitevus, and Infinite. And even then, most of them are debatable and/or complicated.

21 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

It's a joke 😛

Well, sure, some of them at least.

I'm not entirely clear on Blaze's exact royal status and context.

18 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I can't unsee that now.. 

11 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

New cover sneak peek.

btw how is it that they already have printed copies of issue 7 and yet issue 6 is still delayed a week?

These things are usually being made months in advance and it wouldn't surprise if it's a holdover/benefit from their previous production schedule.

Plus, aren't IDW known for getting trades out pretty promptly?

9 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Likely much more open/non-caring, as I assume they were still hashing things out with him and possibly Omega to begin with.

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Actually, he was confirmed as being from The Future.

Did that chance again?

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

To be fair, that was probably meant to be a more clear hint that King Nigel is much more capable to being stern and even authoritative than his usual jolly demeanor would have you believe.

If anything, Pre-boot Rouge was known for being selfish, dirty, and somewhat callous in her actions than the game version. So if anything, it was a minor overcorrection after the Reboot to fix it.

True.

Tbh I was hesitant to criticize post-reboot's Rouge because of that. She was way, WAY better compared with pre-boot. 

• Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

It's a joke 😛

They don't go door to door themselves, that's what the koalas are for

But how can one be a princess with no parents in sight?

11 minutes ago, Razule said:

They don't go door to door themselves, that's what the koalas are for

But how can one be a princess with no parents in sight?

The same way Oriana, Bubblegum, Celestia, and Cadence do.

Though I suppose Blaze may have more in common with LSP and Luna.