Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

What if Eggman went Total Recall and erased on purpose his very own memories and became Mr. Tinker as part of a bigger plan until it was the right moment to recall who he really is?

Like, a reboot? A.. a Genesis Wave? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of Sonic's World? Localized entirely inside of Eggman's brain?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, seeing as it's obvious Eggman will get his memory back at some point, I wouldn't mind it being revealed he actually liked being the Tinkerer and keeps a memento of the village he was friends with, even if he goes back to his evil ways. It'd humanize him a bit to show even though he can't resist being evil and wanting power, it shows he does have something of a kinder side - similar to how Wily in the Archie Mega Man series always had a sense of guilt and remorse and even considered going back to being friends with Dr. Light again only for his own arrogance, and ego causing him to justify his own wrongdoing and cause him to keep making bad decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Razule said:

He trips over a wire while holding a rotten egg.

StC reference 

I just remembered something: at the end of issue 4, we see Eggman in his regular outfit peeking over the boy with the broken wagon and his mom. Given that it's fixed in issue 5, I'm guessing Eggman never loss his memory, and was faking it.

Thought looking at Eggman in the final panel of the first image, he doesn't seem to malicious aside from the lighting.

Screenshot_20180624-204115_Google Play Books.jpg

Screenshot_20180624-204248_Google Play Books.jpg

Edited by RedFox99
Second Thoughts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

To be fair, it isn't official, and a lot of neutral-to-semi/laughably evil characters become villains in that continuity for some reason.

I assume a big part of it is that the series has a...ppppppretty bad heroes:villains-that-don't-die ratio.

Besides, I actually kinda like Rouge being in a more antagonistic role. I'm curious where she might go after the last issue though, even if her reasons for essentially turning on the Drakon weren't exactly "heroic." ...But this isn't the STC-O topic so I'll shut up now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to bear in mind that Rouge's debut was in December 2003, and would have been planned ahead of time, so this was way back when she was far more antagonistic. One of StCO's downsides is that it can take a long time to adapt, so by the time it got the arc in to have Rouge become a more neutral player, she'd been that way for over a decade. 

Anyway, I'm more interested in how this issue will lead into the next than the inevitable Eggman restoration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Razule said:

He trips over a wire while holding a rotten egg.

Oh my goodness, is that exactly what happened?

I know an egg was involved, but still.

42 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

StC reference 

I just remembered something: at the end of issue 4, we see Eggman in his regular outfit peeking over the boy with the broken wagon and his mom. Given that it's fixed in issue 5, I'm guessing Eggman never loss his memory, and was faking it.

Thought looking at Eggman in the final panel of the first image, he doesn't seem to malicious aside from the lighting.

Screenshot_20180624-204115_Google Play Books.jpg

Screenshot_20180624-204248_Google Play Books.jpg

That's the thing about Eggman--he can look silly, sinister, or awesome pretty easily in spite of the fact that he's wearing glasses and often making the same basic expression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh my goodness, is that exactly what happened?

I know an egg was involved, but still.

That's the thing about Eggman--he can look silly, sinister, or awesome pretty easily in spite of the fact that he's wearing glasses and often making the same basic expression.

Fair point. Plus, he could be trying to play it safe for the time being in case someone sees him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Oh my goodness, is that exactly what happened?

I know an egg was involved, but still.

He also spilled something on a console that was holding the Chaos Emeralds, which were infused with all of the evil on *redacted by SEGA* the planet. (And it was also retroactively caused by a time travelling Sonic pulling the cable that tripped him)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Razule said:

He also spilled something on a console that was holding the Chaos Emeralds, which were infused with all of the evil on *redacted by SEGA* the planet. (And it was also retroactively caused by a time travelling Sonic pulling the cable that tripped him)

he spilled ketchup...

 

...yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we don't have much to go by, but what do you guess is Rouge's stance in all this? Considering she told Sonic to be quick with his explanation to Shadow, I'm guessing she's probably either mixed or neutral towards what to do with Eggman. I'm hoping she can either help break up the fight between the two hedgehogs, and/or work with the Chaotix to find out what's really going on with Eggman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I just remembered something: at the end of issue 4, we see Eggman in his regular outfit peeking over the boy with the broken wagon and his mom. Given that it's fixed in issue 5, I'm guessing Eggman never loss his memory, and was faking it.

Thought looking at Eggman in the final panel of the first image, he doesn't seem to malicious aside from the lighting.

I think they were just toying with your expectations.  The comic wanted to give you the impression from that cliffhanger that Eggman was as evil as ever, and as such it's a minor twist to find that his remarks were actually perfectly innocent.  Or were they?  Because it also plays into the running question of whether or not his amnesia is real or feigned!  The use of his standard costume is probably a combination of it being part of the trick on your expectations, and them simply not having locked down his Mr. Tinker design yet - but we know he still has his old clothes around, I think, since he was found in them, so it's not unreasonable for him to wear them from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I know we don't have much to go by, but what do you guess is Rouge's stance in all this? Considering she told Sonic to be quick with his explanation to Shadow, I'm guessing she's probably either mixed or neutral towards what to do with Eggman. I'm hoping she can either help break up the fight between the two hedgehogs, and/or work with the Chaotix to find out what's really going on with Eggman.

Rouge has always been the most reasonable member of Team Dark (unless jewels are involved) so I suppose she at least was willing to listen and from there, analize what would be the best course of action to take, which is no small task as she's well aware how Shadow might not listen even to her... Though i doubt she'll do that now that the fist fight started. Something I'll take a guess, is that while the two rodents fight, Rouge and the Chaotix will be the ones that figure out what's really happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read the last 2 preview pages, "cheer from the sidelines" ha ha! Ian, you smart devil, he is definitely throwing shade at Generations' story. I was a lot more satisfied with Forces usage of the cast actually, aside from Tails, they showed they were competent to organize a resistance, keep Eggman's forces away and they were actually seen fighting the war in some cutscenes. Hopefully we get more of the cast being useful in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drifting Jack said:

I just read the last 2 preview pages, "cheer from the sidelines" ha ha! Ian, you smart devil, he is definitely throwing shade at Generations' story. I was a lot more satisfied with Forces usage of the cast actually, aside from Tails, they showed they were competent to organize a resistance, keep Eggman's forces away and they were actually seen fighting the war in some cutscenes. Hopefully we get more of the cast being useful in the future.

Yeah, I kinda liked it too, although I kinda wish we got a little more of how the Resistance works and what each character contributed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, I kinda liked it too, although I kinda wish we got a little more of how the Resistance works and what each character contributed.

I don't think you are ever gonna get that in full

Because then you would have to address plot contrivances 

Rouge specifically 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadowlax said:

I don't think you are ever gonna get that in full

 

Don't think I needed you to tell me that, dude.

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Because then you would have to address plot contrivances 

Rouge specifically 

Rouge is a Spy; the one who found out where Sonic was and what Eggman intended to do with him.

Simple and clean, even if a little too much so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Don't think I needed you to tell me that, dude.

Rouge is a Spy; the one who found out where Sonic was and what Eggman intended to do with him.

Simple and clean, even if a little too much so.

Not simple at all 

She left her best robo buddy left to rot outside, she figured out infnite's powers and didn't wait to tell anyone. And then either knew or didn't know shadow was being projected so to speak and didn't bother communicate that all, or didn't even bother to investigate or question why he was a bad guy at all. She probably has his phone number, she could have just called this man found out he was just getting large pizza and the order was taking real long

Plot contrivances you can't actually ignore.

She was apparently  doing research, and only did a single research so sonic could get out of jail, and then didn't do or didn't tell any of research because... the plot would fall apart.

Its actually not that simple, its actually super weird

We aren't even gonna begin to go in the other issue of " Is she even actually apart of the resistance" 

Heck We aren't even gonna get to why is team dark even here, them being on this planet is a whole other question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.