Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Personally I'm just super excited that we have another comic. I just want to see the characters I love and some interaction. 

Hopefully this is well written and I'm ready for 2018! :)

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, rosedust said:

Personally I'm just super excited that we have another comic. I just want to see the characters I love and some interaction. 

Hopefully this is well written and I'm ready for 2018! :)

This. It can have the Freedom Fighters. It can not I don't care just give me the comics.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

This. It can have the Freedom Fighters. It can not I don't care just give me the comics.

tumblr_inline_o2z0ebBM8w1qfd3kt_500.gif 

me getting ready for all the fanservice

All I ask is that they use Big. If not...well I'll be buying it like mad anyway, but I'll be 10% less satisfied.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

17 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

All I ask is that they use Big. If not...well I'll be buying it like made anyway, but I'll be 10% less satisfied.

I would like to see Big more but since the fandom majority hates him, I doubt we'll see him that much. Which sucks, he's not as bad as people portray him as. He can be funny sometimes and I'd like to see the expanded Amy/Big interactions. But Amy's interactions outside of Sonic never get focus so...

4 minutes ago, rosedust said:

I would like to see Big more but since the fandom majority hates him, I doubt we'll see him that much. Which sucks, he's not as bad as people portray him as. He can be funny sometimes and I'd like to see the expanded Amy/Big interactions. But Amy's interactions outside of Sonic never get focus so...

Well except for her interactions with Cream

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Well except for Cream

True. It always felt more comic relief for me though, nothing truly substantial. Not that I'm complaining.

mood.thumb.jpg.c3f9f9e321c50e81763ac9ee9f6fd657.jpg

9 minutes ago, rosedust said:

True. It always felt more comic relief for me though, nothing truly substantial. Not that I'm complaining.

Fair point. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

I wasn't talking about that. I was saying that videogames and comics are not the same. So 10 years in games for characters it's not the same as 10 years in comics for a character. Comics are a monthly thing and they're all about dialogue and story and games release every few years or so and focus on gameplay and sidegames tend to not really be focused on having a story either. You see what I mean?

Yup, I see, sorry, I was just in a pretty interesting mood after I washed my brains you see. :blushing:

Sorry.

But somehow I think games that have an interesting story are nicer, I can forgive many things over good story after all... -_-

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean to be honest the games of a lot of characters to use (I would like to see them try to make Elise likable). Which would you like to have some focus and maybe their time in the limelight?

No surprise at the NY Comic-Con appearance.  Chances are we'll hear of the first lot of talent involved, maybe even see a glimpse of a #1 cover.  Just... please don't let it be another one of those boring stock Sega covers, okay IDW?

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

All I ask is that they use Big. If not...well I'll be buying it like made anyway, but I'll be 10% less satisfied.

all of this, Big needs to continue being, well, Big. The comics made me a BigLiever* and i'd prefer the purple guy to stay. (and stay awesome)

latest?cb%5Cx3d20140707035238DBc_Lc9V0AAbnmd.jpg

also Omega, comic Omega is just gold

*Big the cat fan-club, all rights reserved, patent pending

• Thumbs Up 6

Two points;

Anything as long as it's natural. It cannot be shoehorned or I'll say the cringe is real.

And I'd like them to still have the old "Archie cast" around, I don't care how much as long as they're not forgotten.

Again, Knux would have a somewhat valid excuse for leaving his emerald-buddy since he's got his fake rocks around, so why not bring some elements as well. It can be reintroduced or something. Just make it feel a tad bit more natural than in the games. "Bob the Echidna" was just a laughing stock in Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, NikoS said:

all of this, Big needs to continue being, well, Big. The comics made me a BigLiever* and i'd prefer the purple guy to stay. (and stay awesome)

I loved how Big was portrayed post reboot.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, NikoS said:

I swear you need to put that * part bigger or I'll keep reading it as "Penders" since I have this picky reading-problem... ^_^

Oh yeah, Big's awesome in the comics, another point for Mr. Flynn.

I really dig that part of that Shamar stuff where he just screams and is grabbing that big monster thingy until it evaporated under the sheer pressure of his hands.

You see, temperature was prolly a constant, volume and pressure were changing so I suppose it could, at some point, as the density started to make the volume not-shrinking enough the thing just reached the evaporation point since the volume started to run towards being the constant and the temperature started rising and even the pressure applied could not keep the thing "solid" anymore, of course this won't work if the phase lines are already gone, then the "solid" will stay solid, but then again if we assume the monster would actually be more of a balloon full of gas then it would seem as...

• Promotion 1

Just now, rosedust said:

I should add that this funny interaction happened in the pre-reboot, too, not post-reboot.

• Thumbs Up 4

You know what I'm hopeing for from IDW? Reprints. Why? Well, I did a little bit of reaserch. In the 80's there were 2 Transformers continuites: American and British. Both made by Marvel. And they reprinted both of them under "Classic" and "Classic UK" names respectivly (well, they are still doing "Classics UK". It was a weekly series, so there is a lot of material). Going back to Sonic, maybe we will get both classic Archie AND Fleetway reprints? Not from the beggining of course, but maybe after 2-3 years of an ongoing title? I hope so, at least.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Kfarc said:

You know what I'm hopeing for from IDW? Reprints. Why? Well, I did a little bit of reaserch. In the 80's there were 2 Transformers continuites: American and British. Both made by Marvel. And they reprinted both of them under "Classic" and "Classic UK" names respectivly (well, they are still doing "Classics UK". It was a weekly series, so there is a lot of material). Going back to Sonic, maybe we will get both classic Archie AND Fleetway reprints? Not from the beggining of course, but maybe after 2-3 years of an ongoing title? I hope so, at least.

There's a chance. 

Ehhh, SEGA didn't like the idea of Archie reprinting the Sonic X comic, I dunno if they'd go for general Archie Sonic reprints. 

• Thumbs Up 4

SEGA: allows Sonic X to continue reruns on American TV, makes it available on streaming services and authorises new DVD boxset releases.

Also SEGA: "we don't want the Sonic X comic book series reprinted as Sonic X is no longer relevant to our brand."

• Thumbs Up 5

25 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Ehhh, SEGA didn't like the idea of Archie reprinting the Sonic X comic, I dunno if they'd go for general Archie Sonic reprints. 

I do not expect Sonic X reprint (even though I would love to get it one day) as well a Kunckles the Echidna reprint. At least not in the near future. (Sonic X's comic is in legal limbo as far as I follow this story, and Knux has his... abusive godfather? Let's call it this way). But maaaaybe Fleetway at least? I would love to finally get an opportunity to dive in beautiful wierdness of Sonic the Comic. I don't know if it is possible or not, but who knows? Even Sega isn't sure of anything. As such, I will be hoping for the best.

Also another random thought from researching IDW: If they'll handle Sonic in a manner similar to TMNT and Transformers/Hasbro comics, then we can expect Universe-like spin-offs in a future. And it's not some distant future. TMNT were getting those rather early, Transformers after getting ongoings were having them too. And their sales numbers weren't something beyond possibilities of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog. Incuding how little to no marketing there was for Sonic comic (Mega Drive excluded). So who knows? Who knows? I don't. But I'm at least interested in what Sega and IDW are holding in the back of their heads for the future.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't call Sonic X in legal limbo as it has a current license holder (Discotek Media).

• Thumbs Up 3