Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

32 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

IIRC it was a technical issue? I remember all this being talked about last year during mania discussion and it was explained there's a technical issue as to why they are so big, it wasn't in any indication of a super emerald thing

That sounds believable. I adore SA1 but it's definitely held together by duct tape and some paperclips.

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

Though I wonder why they were so big in the flashbacks in SA1. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it was to make them more "noticeable" compared to their usual size throughout the rest of the game? But I don't see how that'd be necessary. Weird.

They also big at the end of a stage (and judging by Master Emerald in few occasions, Emeralds can change size).

But real talk, am I the only one who thinks Emeralds in Sonic Adventure looked amazing?

Spoiler

image.png.309c521e0f79e3af737a9fc18155eb46.png

That feels strong and powerful

Spoiler

image.png.55a04c1680ed146a2a74f4f26eeede4f.png

And this is piece of glass.

Guys I am trying to find an interview with both Tracey  Yardley and ABT's approaches to drawing, I think it's in this forum or topic but I can't find it!

It would be awesome if someone links it to me.

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Neat new cover for Issue 7 revealed:

"Witness this invincible battleship, built by the hands of a genius! Its power...UNMATCHED THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE!"

Man, now I really wanna revisit Heroes.

What kind of friggin cover is that?

Is it me or does the comic uses a lot of Sonic Heroes imagery?

I guess they still trying to not overuse classic imagery, Adventure tittles are too realistic (let's face it even I'm not interested in most SA1 badniks or Station Square), Shadow and 06 can go to hell and Unleashed was already prominent in Archie Reboot. Colors and Lost World were in space, Generations in white void, so Heroes is perfect balance to less-colorful Forces imagery.

Hey, I'm not complaining. Now I want Egg Pawn Wizards and Hang Castle..

7 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Here is a thing.

Looking forward to watch the panel.

11 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Neat new cover for Issue 7 revealed:

"Witness this invincible battleship, built by the hands of a genius! Its power...UNMATCHED THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE!"

Man, now I really wanna revisit Heroes.

Nice. Interesting villain pov cover and I like the Genesis/Mega Drive nod.

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Adventure tittles are too realistic (let's face it even I'm not interested in most SA1 badniks or Station Square)

Most SA1 badniks are just existing badniks, but they look different...the only new one is the chameleon.

Anyone else wondering why the "dropship" or whatever from Blaze's issue was a giant Buzzer?

10 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Why does everyone hate Kieran Gates covers so much? I really dig the layout here it gives a cool view of the villain watching Sonic speed toward him.

I don't hate it, it's just, aren't comics supposed to show off characters and settings in dynamic angles?

This is probably the most spacious and for lack of a better word super-symmetrical cover I've ever seen.

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Adventure tittles are too realistic

Oooooh myyyyy....!

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Colors and Lost World were in space, .

Um...what? They still had Badniks and Egg Pawns in them.

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

????

????????????

????????????????

...ok, now I'm missing those guys a little

Oh yeah, the "Egg Babies."

I'd like to see them and the flying purple snakes in 2d as well.

As someone who has collected comics for nearly 2 decades this is honestly super basic. It was like lets take one angle on a straight path, add a  little blue, knock a egg pawn off his feet.......ok lets call it a day.

No hate really as a artist does what they can with their skill but damn if this isnt just bland.