Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, Tenko said:

So this happened on the IDW front.. 

I tried playing "Where's Potto?!" but I couldn't find him.

Was literally just about to post this. My buddy that works next door was sent this by one of his IDW friends.

1 hour ago, Tenko said:

So this happened on the IDW front.. 

I tried playing "Where's Potto?!" but I couldn't find him.

The only question now is... are they plotting for good or evil!? :laughing:

• Thumbs Up 4

15 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

The only question now is... are they plotting for good or evil!? :laughing:

Aaron is there, so evil, meme ridden evil ?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

5 hours ago, antyep said:

Fleetway characters and stories are also in legal limbo as they are owned by Fleetway themselves

Are they though, or is this one of those things that people have repeated for so long it's been taken for granted?  Certainly the old comics contain copyright info for both Sega and Egmont publishing, and you hear stories about creators even saying they own the characters.  But has anyone with legal expertise at Sega or elsewhere ever pushed the issue to find out how much Sega could legally claim?   I doubt it.  I'm not saying that Egmont (or the creators) don't own things, but I can't imagine anyone in a position to do anything about it ever checked to see what Sega would be allowed do regarding reprints, printing outside the UK, or using the characters.  Archie certainly wouldn't have bothered, and I can't picture Sega investing the time to double-check old paperwork regarding long-out-of-print comics.  IDW appears to be more tenacious in figuring out what can and can't be done with the IPs it gains access to.

Might be worth at least asking them to try to look into things.

26 minutes ago, BxB-Meister said:

Is that...? 

WbMZelR.jpg

Is that what I think it is?!!!

Are you talking about that guy's shirt?

32 minutes ago, BxB-Meister said:

Is that...? 

WbMZelR.jpg

Is that what I think it is?!!!

now i'm curious too, what do you think is what?

my question sounds confusing i know.... sry

They're talking about that doll-like thing of Sonic in the asian womans hands.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

Yeah, it looks like a prototype model of the ReSaurus 10 inch Sonic Adventure figure.

21440361286669_276_1024x1024.jpg?v=14447

Never thought I'd see that pop-up.

• Thumbs Up 6

That's a big meeting! And Iizuka-san is there too. They're really going all-out with this new comic, aren't they?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

That's a big meeting! And Iizuka-san is there too. They're really going all-out with this new comic, aren't they?

Wait, is that photo related to the new comic business? Iizuka's presence can only mean bad things to expect from it.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Korke said:

Wait, is that photo related to the new comic business? Iizuka's presence can only mean bad things to expect from it.

(Iizuka: If you make Sonic cry... I'll slap all of you!)

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

(Iizuka: If you make Sonic cry... I'll slap all of you!)

Seriously, those rules were so stupid.

14 minutes ago, Korke said:

Izuka's New Rules

1. Sonic can Never Cry

2.  The Freedom Fighters can only stay in the comic if they are Sonic's maids & butlers

3. Tails must wear a yellow cape & green speedo

4. Infinite is in every issue

5. Sonic is now basically Batman

44 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

4. Infinite is in every issue

Infinite is so edgy that people can end up hurt their fingers while they flip through the pages of the comic he's inside.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 5

Ew i can't believe people truly think a comic without freedom fighter is not as good as a Sega Sonic cast with only cannon characters in it, have people forgotten about Shadow, Blaze and the Deadly Six and how they influence so much untapped world building by themselves especially Shadow who introduced a dark plot for the first time since sonic adventure.

2 hours ago, rosedust said:

Seriously, those rules were so stupid.

No they weren't. Especially as often it's not stuff that had a great effect. For example, Sonic could tear up but not cry his eyes out, that's pretty much nothing. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I think after this and that new "Sonic Official"'s somewhat dismissive-y way of putting their break up with Archie I need to step it up. :unsure:

I really need to make that "letter" ready and send it before it's too late so that I can say I at least tried. :(

I feel pretty agitated yet again.

Get that Webber out of there if you want to have anything to do with a plot in that comic you're cooking up! As far as I've seen the man's making everything a big meme, everything he touches. :rolleyes:

And I'm not saying that kind of "meme the comic" wouldn't sell, it could be a best-seller for all I know, but when I think about comics I really like, there's humour but also a plot.

Just my humble opinion but this isn't going well for my tries to stay interested in this if this is the new "creative team" in all it's  beauty...

I just remembered they did promote Mega Drive and Genesis of a Hero, probably because those were the most game centric storylines, even though the Freedom Fighters were in the first issue, so I think they didn't promote the comic regularly because they didn't like it for it not focusing on the games. That's just what I think (and I know I made a similar post to this).

If they promote the IDW comic regularly it'll be like a fresh start, I could forgive them for snobbing the previous comic.

GoaH was a part of that "25th Anniversary of Sonic" thing, that's probably one reason why it was promoted more than comics normally were.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

I just remembered they did promote Mega Drive and Genesis of a Hero, probably because those were the most game centric storylines, even though the Freedom Fighters were in the first issue, so I think they didn't promote the comic regularly because they didn't like it for it not focusing on the games. That's just what I think (and I know I made a similar post to this).

If they promote the IDW comic regularly it'll be like a fresh start, I could forgive them for snobbing the previous comic.

They also promoted the first issue of Sonic Universe's "Shattered", specifically the variant cover because of its meme-related theme.

And it was a Freedom Fighters-less arc. Not surprising. Btw, does this meeting deconfirm Ian as a potential writer or not...?

1 minute ago, Chameleon94 said:

And it was a Freedom Fighters-less arc. Not surprising. Btw, does this meeting deconfirm Ian as a potential writer or not...?

I don't think so. I mean this might the creative team for now