Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

41 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Confused, maybe. But the real Shadow was fighting alongside the heroes at that point. And that there were multiple Shadows would imply that it wasn't the Shadow going rogue and attacking people anyway.

So couple things, i doubt the public , particularly on that world knows about shadow to figure that out. He mostly operates on earth, keeps to himself and is secretive. So most peoples first time seeing him might be those attacks. They might just think he has the power to clone himself, thats if they would even care to make that distinction. People in real life don't make distinctions between actual different people with real life prejudices. You don't think they would show the same lack of care when it appears to be the EXACT same dude?

And that's if the general public knows anything about what happened in the final fight anyway.

That plays into my point. They don't know shadow was fighting with good guys except some of the soldiers and best believe like gun in the last comic they probably still don't trust him

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Do we even know if fake Shadow did anything besides help beat up Sonic, then show up to get "killed" by real Shadow?

Yes actually there were reports of the clones attacking cities and destroying troops. So property damage and murder were on the agenda, just like with infinite himself. And this was for over half a year before shadow actually showed up everyone thought he was legitimately evil.

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

And if it isn't fixed , is silver just a time cop now? Is he just time patrol trunks? And just exists outside of time?"

Honestly, when I first learned about that, I couldn't help but think of Silver. Particularly in the sense of what Preboot seemed to be setting up.

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Do we even know if fake Shadow did anything besides help beat up Sonic, then show up to get "killed" by real Shadow?

Didn't "he" at least [further] wreck the City Zone in Sunset Heights?

33 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

best believe like gun in the last comic they probably still don't trust him

To be fair, and it's been a while since I looked at it, but it was less that Commander Tower didn't trust Shadow himself and more that he knew the Dark Arms had the ability to mess with his head and potentially make him a threat/hostile to the mission.

39 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Honestly, when I first learned about that, I couldn't help but think of Silver. Particularly in the sense of what Preboot seemed to be setting up.

Didn't "he" at least [further] wreck the City Zone in Sunset Heights?

To be fair, and it's been a while since I looked at it, but it was less that Commander Tower didn't trust Shadow himself and more that he knew the Dark Arms had the ability to mess with his head and potentially make him a threat/hostile to the mission.

I wasn't talking about the gun commander. I'm talking about the soilders talking hot shit about him. Even though gun commander going behind shadows back is a bit dirty. ( my issues with rouge never talking to him about that ) I'm talking about the soilders, he was just gone for several months, i'm sure a bunch of em think he actually sided with eggman. He's some weirdo they never really heard off who only hangs out in the human world, a human decides to take over the world and their all of a sudden a bunch of him? I'm sure a bunch of them think he's some sort of evil person who sided with eggman even if some of them may have been clarified

I wish we could just stop guessing Shadow's motives and asking when Shadow acts violent towards the heroes he allies with, what is Shadow doing and why he does it, and speculate whether it's right or wrong. It's more simple to say, he's being Shadow.

40 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

I wish we could just stop guessing Shadow's motives and asking when Shadow acts violent towards the heroes he allies with, what is Shadow doing and why he does it, and speculate whether it's right or wrong. It's more simple to say, he's being Shadow.

1) At that point you have given up on any sort of characterization and that's...well I feel like that giving on any sort of criticism whether it be shadow or anyone else 

2)... No one was talking about shadow being violent, as of currently we are talking about shadow related sonic forces plotholes

21 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

1) At that point you have given up on any sort of characterization and that's...well I feel like that giving on any sort of criticism whether it be shadow or anyone else 

2)... No one was talking about shadow being violent, as of currently we are talking about shadow related sonic forces plotholes

Characterization? He's already finish fleshing out in 06, now trying to add more complexity to his character in a fairy simple childrens video game franchise and story is just too much man. Does Sonic have to have expanded complexites to understand why he does what he does? Does Knuckles, Does Eggman?

Shadow in forces is not that hard to figure out in the story if you just piece basic traits he's showed in all the games he's had stories with and encapsulate them. My take in the story Infinite created a Shadow replica but he didn't put him in action until he confronted Sonic for the first time, and that CG trailer scene was not cannon, he just showed up when Rouge called him and as him being a stern ruthless anti hero who's practically helping save the world in his own way, he achieved his objective. It doesn't matter if him doing it makes less sense in your eyes, it doesn't need any more analysis if it's true to his core. 

1 minute ago, Dash Speed said:

Characterization? He's already finish fleshing out in 06, now trying to add more complexity to his character in a fairy simple childrens video game franchise and story is just too much man. Does Sonic have to have expanded complexites to understand why he does what he does? Does Knuckles, Does Eggman?

Nah , but they change over time. And and stories are different , so its fun to figure out the story and see how it works. Like if we just go " well that's just that character " you aren't even like experiencing a story at that point. You are just staring at something

Shadow in forces is not that hard to figure out in the story if you just piece basic traits he's showed in all the games he's had stories with and encapsulate them. My take he just showed up when Rouge called him and as him being a stern ruthless anti hero who's practically helping save the world in his own way, he achieved his objective. It doesn't matter if him doing it makes less sense in your eyes, it doesn't need any more analysis if it's true to his core. 

I don't think it works to well. 

Also... I wasn't even talking about that?

I dropped this pages ago? 

Who are you talking to?

Just now, Shadowlax said:

Nah , but they change over time. And and stories are different , so its fun to figure out the story and see how it works. Like if we just go " well that's just that character " you aren't even like experiencing a story at that point. You are just staring at something

I don't think it works to well. 

Also... I wasn't even talking about that?

I dropped this pages ago? 

Who are you talking to?

Again, if Sonic characters are true to the core from their first appearance, it's okay. Otherwise despite him being properly developed, Shadow has elements about him he stills has with him that he debuted with in Sonic Adventure 2 up to this day. Same with Sonic, Tails, Eggman etc.

Again, if Sonic characters are true to the core from their first appearance, it's okay. Otherwise despite him being properly developed, Shadow has elements about him he stills has with him that he debuted with in Sonic Adventure 2 up to this day. Same with Sonic, Tails, Eggman etc.

... I don't think anyone wanted the sonic characters to become completely different people? But we can say some of them have grown and become fairly different. 

That said... who was even talking about this?

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I wasn't talking about the gun commander. I'm talking about the soilders talking hot shit about him

Oh yeah, Archie and the Spider Troupe.

2 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

That is what it pretty much feels like.

But that's just the problem. This comic is picking up where Forces left off, supposedly written by someone known for fleshing out plot points and relishing characters that tend to be considered confusing and displeasing within the games alone, and involves following up on a numbers of threads and characters after the Ruby War. If anything, Shadow should be the most effected character despite the irony. His drive to confront Mr. Tinker should be influenced by what happened as a result of him nearly taking over the world and giving the Phantom Ruby to a sadistic mercenary with an inferiority complex.

But when the plot of his debut story really just boils down to "Shadow is Dark/Anti-hero," it's no wonder those of us who came here for a story or even to see Shadow be notable feel gypped.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know what I just realised?

Issue 6 is the 300th overall issue of Sonic.

(Archie’s miniseries (4) + Archie’s ongoing series (290) + IDW’s series (6) = 300)

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

You know what I just realised?

Issue 6 is the 300th overall issue of Sonic.

(Archie’s miniseries (4) + Archie’s ongoing series (290) + IDW’s series (6) = 300)

Wonderful.

Although there are also debatably miniseries and spinoffs to take into account.

• Thumbs Up 2

And Fleetway Comics, Sonic X, Sonic Boom, Sonic Universe, issues of both crossovers with Megaman, Knuckles Comic, comics I drawn with crayons when I was 10...

Yeah, somehow this number doesn't speak to me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

8 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

And Fleetway Comics, Sonic X, Sonic Boom, Sonic Universe, issues of both crossovers with Megaman, Knuckles Comic, comics I drawn with crayons when I was 10...

Yeah, somehow this number doesn't speak to me.

Manga (not only the Shogakugan ones, which there were somewhere around 5 of, but also stuff like Dash and Spin), those French ones, the one shot from Disney Adventures, Sonic’s appearances in Archie and Niles Nemo in Segaland, the assorted Specials... 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Manga (not only the Shogakugan ones, which there were somewhere around 5 of, but also stuff like Dash and Spin), those French ones, the one shot from Disney Adventures, Sonic’s appearances in Archie and Niles Nemo in Segaland, the assorted Specials... 

And Sonic Forces promotional comics and Sonic 1 promotional comics, Sonic Shattered Crystal comic, 25th anniversary comics...should I count semi-official STC Online?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

And Sonic Forces promotional comics and Sonic 1 promotional comics, Sonic Shattered Crystal comic, 25th anniversary comics...should I count semi-official STC Online?

Yes, considering the stuff you did with crayons is included.

• Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Waiting for actual sales data but I'm impressed by the amount of interest this comic is getting!

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Flame Lance said:

I take it this is our San Diego Comic Con cover? 

latest?cb=20180710202523

What a ...peculiar angle.

10 hours ago, Drifting Jack said:

Waiting for actual sales data but I'm impressed by the amount of interest this comic is getting!

But interest is declining and the book is boring and Flynn's lost his touch and all that. 😛

Sorry. Couldn'thelp myself. 

• Chuckle 2