Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

10 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

One thing I really hope that happens in the future is that Sonic is challenged either physically or mentally. I'm scared that he'll end up as the perfect, invincible hero that cracks jokes even when it's supposed to be serious, and that absolutely everyone worships his feet, AKA a Gary Stu. Hopefully, SEGA won't be that strict when it comes to that.

To be fair, he did start taking Eggman more seriously this time.

29 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

One thing I really hope that happens in the future is that Sonic is challenged either physically or mentally. I'm scared that he'll end up as the perfect, invincible hero that cracks jokes even when it's supposed to be serious, and that absolutely everyone worships his feet, AKA a Gary Stu. Hopefully, SEGA won't be that strict when it comes to that.

Didn't shadow come close to that in the recent chapter.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Hasn't that usually been the case for a while now?

• Thumbs Up 1

What story themes would like to see guys? So many possibilities. I'd like to see ancient mythology, space, fully named towns and their villagers and leaders, trips to other dimensions like Blaze's, perhaps a trip to planet Wisp...

18 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Uh, depends really. The Unleashed arc in the New 252 was actually relatively fine from my recollection, as it was almost always progressing in some form, had plenty of new character and locations being established for the long-term, and even worked in "filler" like Champions and Eggman's Dozen to vary things up in fun ways without relying too much or too little on the bigger picture.

Really, it just World's Unite delaying/stagnating things that noticeable caused an issue.

Thank You! Everyone always talks about how the Shattered World Crisis was bad but I honestly never saw it. It was honestly a pretty tightly woven arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

So uh, question to you lot that takes in the comics through a digital format...

Its become painfully clear that buying each issue of the IDW run is becoming a fools errand. Everyone around me seems to be sold out of a bunch of the issues, and my favorite on line comic shop is in the same boat. We arn't even to issue 10 and I've already got gaps in my collection.

Whats the best platform for buying and viewing the IDW comics digitally? How much does it cost, does it update on the release date of each issue, ect.

I'd perfer to read them on my laptop if possible...

I buy my digital copies directly from the IDW website. They have a PDF option and I'm able to to read the books in my browser. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not totally sure but I think solicits are delayed this month due to Comic Con. I know DC and Marvel are holding off so I'm not 100% sure. 

On 7/17/2018 at 9:57 AM, SBR2 said:

Thank You! Everyone always talks about how the Shattered World Crisis was bad but I honestly never saw it. It was honestly a pretty tightly woven arc.

Worlds Unite was the problem. They should have set that as a separate miniseries that didn't interrupt the main books.  Still take place within the time frame that it did but should have had a teaser at the end of one issue and a "Takes place after Worlds Unite" at the beginning of the next.

Not only Worlds Unite, the second part after Worlds Unite felt a bit rushed and repetitive to me (even if there were some stuff I really liked). But it might have happened because of Worlds Unite, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

On the bright side, the space World's Unite took up allowed the comic to be cancelled to end on a semi-okay note instead of in the beginning of a new arc.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Kazhnuz said:

Not only Worlds Unite, the second part after Worlds Unite felt a bit rushed and repetitive to me (even if there were some stuff I really liked). But it might have happened because of Worlds Unite, though.

Yeah, didn't the arc afterwards become a series of fetchquests?

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Yo, does anyone have the Comic-Con 7th IDW Sonic issue? If so, can I haz spoilz?

I don't want spoilers I want pages!

We've got our first look at Whisper the Wolf!

Evan's killing it with character designs as always!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

I wish she was a mouse like the fake 4chan leak said. She looks like you would be able to make her in Forces.

Also:

IDW ALWAYS does prequel comics.

• Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, Razule said:

Mysterious looking. Is that one of those Forces masks?

It sure is, they are using a lot of the Forces clothing items in the designs.

I wonder if we'll see a walking spring in the future

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

• Chuckle 3

Oh, and one more thing about Whisper. Her Variable Wispon looks like an umbrella and reminds me of Turrican in the way that it's one weapon that has multiple firemodes.

• Thumbs Up 1