Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Am I the only one who thinks Whisper's mask reminds me of the Pokémon Aron? I made this reply to a tweet of Ian's with pictures comparing the two:

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 3

Now only I noticed but that mask is the same shape of one of those masks when customising the avatar.

9 hours ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

Am I the only one who thinks Whisper's mask reminds me of the Pokémon Aron? I made this reply to a tweet of Ian's with pictures comparing the two:

I thought it reminded me of something.

Also, she looks to be straining a bit there.

1 minute ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

BTW, did anyone actually get the book at SDCC if y'all were there?

It's just 20 snapshots and a quick upload guys!

1 hour ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

The actual release date is on the 25th btw.

Thing is, I'm gonna be gone all of next week, so I want to get the spoilers before I go.
EDIT: Alright everyone. I got the spoilers from someone who claims to have the book. This is what they said: (Spoiler warning)

Spoiler

"Sonic and tails fly up to the egg carrier, sonic sneaks in to try steal data from the computers. Sonic runs into eggman and immediately spurs that he's a fake. Turns out it's metal sonic but as neo metal sonic from heroes. He's running things in eggman's absence. Neo is looking for eggman but sonic doesn't tell him about what happened to eggman. Sonic and neo fight but sonic has to run away since he gets surrounded. He manages to escape but didn't get the data. Neo says that he'll continue with the plan as scheduled. The issue ends with the egg carrier just off angel island"

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Thing is, I'm gonna be gone all of next week, so I want to get the spoilers before I go.
EDIT: Alright everyone. I got the spoilers from someone who claims to have the book. This is what they said: (Spoiler warning)

Reveal hidden contents

"Sonic and tails fly up to the egg carrier, sonic sneaks in to try steal data from the computers. Sonic runs into eggman and immediately spurs that he's a fake. Turns out it's metal sonic but as neo metal sonic from heroes. He's running things in eggman's absence. Neo is looking for eggman but sonic doesn't tell him about what happened to eggman. Sonic and neo fight but sonic has to run away since he gets surrounded. He manages to escape but didn't get the data. Neo says that he'll continue with the plan as scheduled. The issue ends with the egg carrier just off angel island"

Reveal hidden contents

If this is true, this is extremely disappointing. The big twist they've been building and hyping up is essentially the same exact twist as Sonic Heroes? Especially with the inclusion of the Egg Fleet, this seems like a complete copy and paste of Sonic Heroes' climax. I am a bit skeptical of this since I think Ian is far too talented a writer to pull such a lazy twist, but it will be known for sure in a few days.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Better quality version of one of the SDCC cover by ABT-

latest?cb=20180720230056

Looks a tad bit small. Gotta scale it up

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/74075904799682560/470661109129412608/37630448_10215576985844964_1691832169590161408_n.png

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

On 7/21/2018 at 8:33 PM, Blue Blood said:

There's literally no argument going on here. I asked a question, some helpful people gave answers, a few of us responded with our opinions. Case closed. 

Panda was talking about an argument that occured on Twitter, with two or three dudes who are anti-IDW/Ian Flyn; pro Penders, who were completely bashing IDW for releasing those blank covers like they were some crooks, although it's a pretty common practice. Even when I provided proofs, they - of course - ignored all of it and called us "comic purists".

• Thumbs Up 4

If it means anything, Ian did confirm issue seven's story title to be "Meet the New Boss".

8 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Panda was talking about an argument that occured on Twitter, with two or three dudes who are anti-IDW/Ian Flyn; pro Penders, who were completely bashing IDW for releasing those blank covers like they were some crooks, although it's a pretty common practice. Even when I provided proofs, they - of course - ignored all of it and called us "comic purists". 

These guys are pricks. If they were shown a Ian Flynn story and we said "someone other than Flynn wrote it", they'd love it.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I remember Flynn wanted to do a Heroes adaptation? I don't remember the source.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looking at the covers again, I kinda wish Cream&Cheese, Gemerl, and Omega got to debut in their own contexts/issues.

1 hour ago, does it really matter said:

If this is true, this is extremely disappointing. The big twist they've been building and hyping up is essentially the same exact twist as Sonic Heroes? Especially with the inclusion of the Egg Fleet, this seems like a complete copy and paste of Sonic Heroes' climax. I am a bit skeptical of this since I think Ian is far too talented a writer to pull such a lazy twist, but it will be known for sure in a few days.

Uh, Spoilers?

Well at least I can say from the spoilers above they don't make Sonic seem like a god like he has been portrayed as plenty of times in the games. So I at least like that. The rest...eh kinda was everyone's first guess. On the bright side this could mean more Mr. Tinker or whatever, and I enjoy that. Shame it sounds like my boi didn't really do much this time. Oh well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

The second twist: It's not Neo, but...

Spoiler

splats_yellow_from_sonic_1_by_tokeitime-

SPLATS?!

/s

(credit to TokeiTime for pic)

• Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Nate V said:
  Hide contents

The second twist: It's not Neo, but...

Hide contents

splats_yellow_from_sonic_1_by_tokeitime-

SPLATS?!

/s

(credit to TokeiTime for pic)

Spoiler

"I can't believe it! It was you all along! Of all people, it's..."

"Who are you?"

The arc is about, not Eggman's robots running in his absence, and not Neo Metal Sonic's return, but about Splats fighting his way out of obscurity! Amazing, Ian Flynn has done it again.

• Way Past Cool 1

One thing I've been wondering...why don't the IDW issues include the story name at the start? Like, you have to tell us the name of the characters every issue, but you can't give us the name of the story? Is that a common comic book practice these days? And why don't the digital issues include pictures of the variant covers like the physical books do?

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

One thing I've been wondering...why don't the IDW issues include the story name at the start? Like, you have to tell us the name of the characters every issue, but you can't give us the name of the story? Is that a common comic book practice these days? And why don't the digital issues include pictures of the variant covers like the physical books do?

I think the lack of the name of the story is because IDW doesn't name the individual stories in the issues. Maybe it's something Ian Flynn carried over, and they just put it in the description of the comic because it's there?

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

When do you think we can get a second book? (Universe or Classic Sonic)

Probably 2 years in with the Main book. I hope they let it 2nd book be similar to Universe.

Just now, Marco9966 said:

When will we see solicits of issue 10?

In 2 days, along with the issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whew, finally caught up after being offline almost all week and surprisingly not much new. So I guess I can make my comments short then...

First up is this

On 7/20/2018 at 12:17 PM, Marco9966 said:

Official picture for Whisper:

37585461_10215576969564557_7014539582804

which I was actually expecting to show up at SDCC so no surprise there. Looking at Whisper though I feel she is a bit over-designed for a sonic anthro but it works really well with her mask as long it's down so I'll give it a pass for now. Also, between her being a wolf, having a wispon that can use multiple types of wisps, and talk about her using Forces Avatar pieces in her design leaves me wondering if she's going to be a proxy to the Avatar which I actually would kind of like. Seeing how the comics will adapt the Avatar is one of the things I hoping will be done sooner rather than later, though I won't get my hopes up since that usually backfires for me.

On the issue 7 spoilers

Spoiler

I don't mind the Sonic Heroes direction too much as it actually works to give Sonic a foe to fight and forces for Eggman to reclaim once he's done playing at being Mr. Tinker. My only problem is I prefer Metal's normal design almost indescribably way more than his Neo design so having to deal with that will be a down point for me. That is if the spoilers are legit so I could be worrying about nothing in the end, but knowing my luck...

• Fist Bump 1