Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

55 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

...That just makes me realise that pretty much all the game characters designed for just story purposes are completely disposable. I don't think it's a 1-1 comparison to the comics. 

Yeah, remember Mini and Mum? The Mimic Ghosts? That sea captain dude from Forces? I wonder if Flynn is allowed to elaborate on those obscurities? 

6 hours ago, Razule said:

He's already said.

They're one place one issue, and another place the next issue. How they get there doesn't really matter.

When was this said

9 minutes ago, Razule said:

OH this is in reference in what he got away with before, because they never specified

Its pretty specified this go round. Though again, I got a funny feeling nothing said in that shadow comic is gonna end up counting for anything anyway. 

If only this 2 world thing actually came up in universe...don't even care if people don't like it...it would've just avoided so many problems.

Maybe Blaze's world was the 2nd world all along...

Maybe they should've never revealed this tidbit at all, so it wouldn't matter as much as it can continue not to matter...

16 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Maybe they should've never revealed this tidbit at all, so it wouldn't matter as much as it can continue not to matter...

It didn't matter because it didn't need to matter. 

Unleashed could have just taken place in human parts of the world. Colors takes place in space, Generations takes place where time displaced versions of characters and stages just appear for no good reason. Lost world takes place in a completely other place.

Forces is the first time it has actually mattered in years, because it is a game where eggman though a text blurb takes over large sections of planet. In doing so that brings up " Where's GUN, and where's all the humans not just the animal people "  and the explanation being " Well he just took over sonic's world " and now that's a different thing. That makes things weird, now it calls into question previous games's settings espically when sonic world settings or places like angel island existed in the human world and its pretty clear that they were a single world. Not even to mention shadow, who's origin is a bit weirder now, ontop of his motivations as a character. Why is he invading other worlds threatening to kill people, help sure. But now him threatening to kill eggman in the comic is super duper weird because that's not even like, his jurisdiction.

Forces caused though plot and gameplay for the two worlds thing to matter ,  its also effecting the comic as well. If they had just mad a game where it didn't matter. Had they not said anything and kept making games where it didn't matter... no one would care

• Thumbs Up 1

When I say "not matter" I mean people would not be talking about it at all, whether just by bringing it up or talking about how much they dislike the concept.

Employee #1: Okay, we need to go dumber. The fans are confused as fuck now. How do we make it worse?

Employee #2: I've got it. We'll reveal that the Boom universe takes place in Modern Sonic's past and somehow also in another dimension! Their past took place in another dimension!

Employee #1: Holy shit! You genius mother fucker! Somebody get that man a prrrrrrromotion!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

Classic Sonic is the past in another dimension, Modern Sonic is the present in two planets at once, Sonic Boom Sonic is the future in another dimension and is three canons in itself

All Sonics are the same age though, it's been a really crazy year

Not to mention that in this year, Sonic is in prison during 6 month ! And that they celebrated his birthday, going from 15 years old to 15 years old.

The real tragedy is that the Earth was blown apart by Eggman twice in the same year...by the same guy.

Well, I must admit that I never really understood if in Sonic Advance 3, the world was separated à la Unleashed, or separated in some kind of "separate dimensions" (like shown in the first continuity). Because IIRC the manuel say something about being splited, but as it's done via Chaos Countrol it would seems to me a bit more logical if it was the second thing. For me it's the "separate dimension thing" because it seems more logical with what is shown (the level transition, the use of Chaos Control), but I never really found a reliable source on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Kazhnuz said:

Well, I must admit that I never really understood if in Sonic Advance 3, the world was separated à la Unleashed, or separated in some kind of "separate dimensions" (like shown in the first continuity). Because IIRC the manuel say something about being splited, but as it's done via Chaos Countrol it would seems to me a bit more logical if it was the second thing. For me it's the "separate dimension thing" because it seems more logical with what is shown (the level transition, the use of Chaos Control), but I never really found a reliable source on that.

That was my thought, honestly. The in-between level cutscenes, and "World Map" gave off the vibe of traveling between dimensions.

13 hours ago, StaticMania said:

The real tragedy is that the Earth was blown apart by Eggman twice in the same year...by the same guy.

Was it Earth in Sonic Advance 3 though, or Sonic's world? 😜

14 hours ago, Razule said:

Classic Sonic is the past in another dimension, Modern Sonic is the present in two planets at once, Sonic Boom Sonic is the future in another dimension and is three canons in itself

All Sonics are the same age though, it's been a really crazy year

And then there’s Archie Sonic, and all the assorted secondary canon and non-canon material. 

14 hours ago, Kazhnuz said:

Not to mention that in this year, Sonic is in prison during 6 month ! And that they celebrated his birthday, going from 15 years old to 15 years old.

One year in Sonic's world's rotation is about 400 months

• Chuckle 2

1 hour ago, Nestor said:

Was it Earth in Sonic Advance 3 though, or Sonic's world? 😜

Sonic's World, obviously. Though it's possible that Route 99 is indeed in the United Nation, depending on how much influence Eggman was able to have on the makeup of each Zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

You think this might affect the comics?

Why would it? It's not like Ian Flynn is the president.

5 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

You think this might affect the comics?

Nope. Now will this affect say the US finally getting PSO2 or future installments from a incompetent Sega.........than maybe.

Yeah, I do feel like if this issue isn't the point where IDW Sonic grows its beard, then it's definitely leading to that point. ABT's art really shines in this issue, and it's gonna be real nice to see where it all goes from here. Looking forward to the coming issues!

Glad to have been keeping up with the series so far. Caught up so well, all that's really left to do is wait for the next issue. I do wish they'd allow us to get subscriptions, though.

The thing that I hope happens in the future is that ABT gets to be more of a main artist, around the frequency of Tracy, if not higher. He is truly a delight.

• Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

The thing that I hope happens in the future is that ABT gets to be more of a main artist, around the frequency of Tracy, if not higher. He is truly a delight.

ABT does a lot of work: pencils,inks and color so he does less frequently than Tracy who only does pencils

Maybe he will also do pencil-only (like he did during the Archie time), or pencil + inking. We can't know for sure, especially for a comic that it's only started since four month xD