Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, Sonic Fan J said:

. I almost wonder if she will even interact with Sonic and Silver at this point. It would make it seem that on this cover

Sonic_RIcover_09-675x1024.jpg

her absence is more than just to avoid spoiling her character design early as she could very well not be a part of the group yet with the group ignorant of her presence.

That's the vibe I got from her design alone, honestly.

1 hour ago, Sonic Fan J said:

On anther thought, since Blaze seems to be using the Sol Emeralds going forward, who would like to see her lose them by the time it is all over so that way she has to find them all again before being able to go home and thus serve as a way to help flesh out the world a little in year 2?

I'm of two minds on that:

On one hand, following another character as they explore and learn about the world could be a nice change of pace

On the other, doing it that way would feel repetitive as hell, not to mention with such unnecessarily dire stakes.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

In Boom he was a jerk, a moron, gullible, murderous...

Not the redemption hero I grew up with.

Just like SA2 Shadow, minus being a moron, which is still not really moronic just him being misguided. Boom Shadow was easily misguided, hell I call him being misinformed and wrong a staple to Shadow since this issue had him set up for being wrong in his ways.

8 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Just like SA2 Shadow, minus being a moron, which is still not really moronic just him being misguided. Boom Shadow was easily misguided, hell I call him being misinformed and wrong a staple to Shadow since this issue had him set up for being wrong in his ways.

Except Boom Shadow received almost no development or characterization that SHOWS us that he was misinformed or misguided.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bowbowis said:

Really? Because I'm pretty sure everyone hated Boom Shadow because he stripped away everything that fans loved about him: Namely being a complex, sympathetic villain turned anti-hero who toys with the stereotypes associated with him based on his appearance: He doesn't make friends easy? No, but he's loyal and will go to hell and back for the ones he has. He acts somewhat cold? Yes but it's because he has no social skills and doesn't really know how to talk to people. He uses brutal methods? Indeed, yet he's one of the few characters in the series motivated purely by altruism. He don't take orders from anyone? Completely false, he's almost completely directionless without guidance  until the latter part of his character arc, which is all about him taking his future into his own hands.

Boom Shadow just shits all over that and says "You have friends and I hate friendship so I'm gonna murder you because 'Ow the Edge!'."

I think he's trying do a thing because one time I told him why boom shadow is bad

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

In Boom he was a jerk, a moron, gullible, murderous...

Not the redemption hero I grew up with.

Exactamundo

9 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Those aren't remotely the same?

That's like saying any two characters with a sour demeanor is the same character

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

In season 2 he decides to destroy the whole universe just because he feels like it!

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

In season 2 he decides to destroy the whole universe just because he feels like it!

Yeah, the handling of that plot point did bother me.

@Shadowlax, @Dash Speed!! For the love of God, one of you change your profile picture !!

It's like one same person has 2 different opinions!

2 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

22 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Trying to mention them to see my post.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Marco9966 said:

@Shadowlax, @Dash Speed!! For the love of God, one of you change your profile picture !!

It didn't help that their both being high on Shadow meant it was easy to confuse the two further back then.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DabigRG said:

It didn't help that their both being high on Shadow meant it was easy to confuse the two further back then.

Exactly !!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh snap, are we talking about how Coool Shadow looks in that cover art?

It seems like that is the current topic of discussion happening right now.

10 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I mean you could read the names

7 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Oh snap, are we talking about how Coool Shadow looks in that cover art?

It seems like that is the current topic of discussion happening right now.

You mean how he kinda fades into the background?

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

You mean how he kinda fades into the background?

Nah, I don't see it. I just meant his cross armed aloofness that literally every Sonic fan loves.

7 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Nah, I don't see it. I just meant his cross armed aloofness that literally every Sonic fan loves.

Sorry, I was looking out the side of my eye and probably should've said Cream.

That glossy glint does not like her creamy texture.

Meh.

The Livestream just announced that Issue 8 is coming out next week. Two weeks early.

I don't know if anyone already knew that though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Easily suspected given that the 3-page preview came out yesterday, when it's usually near the end of the month. 

22 hours ago, DabigRG said:

In Planet Wisp(I think), there are these darkish pink  buzzsaw things at the bottom/top/end of certain walls that I believe either damage or repel you if you run into them as Spikes-Sonic.

MoI6wM2.png

You're thinking of these things on the left.

It seems to instead be based on what Sonic looks like when he uses Pink Spikes, which I guess is one way to imagine what a Spikes Wispon would have for it's basic attack (I would have guessed simply shooting out spikes but this works too).

Ooooh, those Saw blade dingus. I was really confused by mentioning the color...because the only other pink saw blade looking stuff are from Eggman Land.

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

MoI6wM2.png

You're thinking of these things on the left.

It seems to instead be based on what Sonic looks like when he uses Pink Spikes, which I guess is one way to imagine what a Spikes Wispon would have for it's basic attack (I would have guessed simply shooting out spikes but this works too).

Yeah, those things! I was remembering the Spike-Sonic colliding with it more than anything. Been a while since I booted up the Wii.

I guess ya'll right after all. 

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Ooooh, those Saw blade dingus. I was really confused by mentioning the color...because the only other pink saw blade looking stuff are from Eggman Land.

Is that so?

3 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

The Livestream just announced that Issue 8 is coming out next week. Two weeks early.

I don't know if anyone already knew that though. 

Yeah I was wondering why we were getting the previews now when they established the release schedule for new issues for near the end of each month.

12 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

SA2 Shadow had mold breaking complex motives as a Sonic character for the most of part, yes.

He wanted to kill an entire planet because he misinterpreted his friends dying words.

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

He wanted to kill an entire planet because he misinterpreted his friends dying words.

Eh, he wanted to destroy an entire planet because he was made to not remember his friends dying words saw her die in front of him and was locked in a basement for 50 years coloring his interpretation of everything that has to do with earth rather sour. 

I mean its still rather bizarre but at least tell the whole story

I have a question, I did not read much of Sonic Universe post-SGW.

Did these comics feature the original  comics characters as heroes of the arcs or only the game characters?

I think that after 2-3 arcs in the IDW comics and world building and establishement, they can launch a Sonic Universe book.

30 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I have a question, I did not read much of Sonic Universe post-SGW.

Did these comics feature the original  comics characters as heroes of the arcs or only the game characters?

I think that after 2-3 arcs in the IDW comics and world building and establishement, they can launch a Sonic Universe book.

Aside from the one with Sallicole and the virus Nicole thing, the main character of the stories were game characters.