Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

4 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I heard Helga said it a couple of times in Hey Arnold too.

Really now?

3 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I also remember a character saying it in the second Ice Age movie.

Well see, that's Ice Age.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Twice...it's only been done twice. Back to back, but still only 2 times.

That doesn't alleviate the fact it was a recent event in the Archie comic, so for those following that side of things it would be repetitive. Blaze with the Sol Emeralds would be even moreso considering 90% of Blaze's appearances in the entirety of Archie featured her on an Emerald finding quest.

In the specific case of Blaze hunting for the Sol Emeralds, we know that Burning Blaze is in literally the next issue so hunting for Sol Emeralds isn't really on the immediate agenda, at least.  ...Presumably she can't just use the Sol Emeralds for free, though.  I've been considering the possibility that using them to become Burning Blaze will have the side-effect of returning Blaze to her world once the effect wears off.  That would both raise the stakes and wrap her up until her next big event.

15 hours ago, Flame Lance said:

I'm not going to argue whether crap is a bad word or not. All I am saying is I don't agree with it being in the comics. Kids read these comics too and not every parent is going to think that particular word is something that belongs in family friendly material, and I personally don't blame them. It's long been excluded in kids' content for a reason. Heck, no Sonic products to my knowledge have used the word either, until now. I'd prefer it stay that way, that's all. 

Knuckles said damn in Sonic Runners

I've just read issue 8 and I enjoyed it. Brown stuff is gonna hit the fan over the next couple of issues. looking forward to see what they do with Whisper and Tangle in the coming months too.

Crap is not a bad word. My lord. The kids excuse is poor ag best when we just had a issue with me treating to kill sonic. Idw comics are far from archie in terms of what they publish and I guarantee a majority of readers are far from children.

7 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

Knuckles said damn in Sonic Runners

The game also allegedly had numerous grammar failures in its dialogue IIRC, so you could chalk it up to bad translations, maybe? I never played it, so I don't know. Anyway, I'd rather not sit and debate this. I don't think "crap" belongs in Sonic and I'm not apologizing for it nor changing my mind about it, so let's all agree to disagree. 

57 minutes ago, Flame Lance said:

The game also allegedly had numerous grammar failures in its dialogue IIRC, so you could chalk it up to bad translations, maybe? I never played it, so I don't know. Anyway, I'd rather not sit and debate this. I don't think "crap" belongs in Sonic and I'm not apologizing for it nor changing my mind about it, so let's all agree to disagree. 

There was also things like Cream calling Sonic an old geezer. For some reason. :lol:

8 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Crap is not a bad word. My lord. The kids excuse is poor ag best when we just had a issue with me treating to kill sonic. Idw comics are far from archie in terms of what they publish and I guarantee a majority of readers are far from children.

Yeah, this might be my Southern American sensibilities, but crap was something that I've been throwing out since I was about 8. That just seemed normal.

4 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I think that's a bit out of character, don't you think?

"Mr. Sonic, you're a dried up crusty old hasbeen, who sweats literal tombstone dust from your joints each time your rusty, un-oiled body tries to push your dumb, saggy, linguini legs to run. You look like one of those old fucks from the Muppets."

- A Literal, Actual Quote from Cream the Rabbit.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

"Mr. Sonic, you're a dried up crusty old hasbeen, who sweats literal tombstone dust from your joints each time your rusty, un-oiled body tries to push your dumb, saggy, linguini legs to run. You look like one of those old fucks from the Muppets."

In my head, I imagine Cream' actually saying that with a smile and her cutesy voice, and I just can't stop laughing. Do you mind if this goes in my sig?

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

" You look like one of those old fucks from the Muppets."

Someone ask Michelle Ruff to record this. :joy: