Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

Crap is not a bad word. My lord. The kids excuse is poor ag best when we just had a issue with me treating to kill sonic. Idw comics are far from archie in terms of what they publish and I guarantee a majority of readers are far from children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

Knuckles said damn in Sonic Runners

The game also allegedly had numerous grammar failures in its dialogue IIRC, so you could chalk it up to bad translations, maybe? I never played it, so I don't know. Anyway, I'd rather not sit and debate this. I don't think "crap" belongs in Sonic and I'm not apologizing for it nor changing my mind about it, so let's all agree to disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Flame Lance said:

The game also allegedly had numerous grammar failures in its dialogue IIRC, so you could chalk it up to bad translations, maybe? I never played it, so I don't know. Anyway, I'd rather not sit and debate this. I don't think "crap" belongs in Sonic and I'm not apologizing for it nor changing my mind about it, so let's all agree to disagree. 

There was also things like Cream calling Sonic an old geezer. For some reason. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Crap is not a bad word. My lord. The kids excuse is poor ag best when we just had a issue with me treating to kill sonic. Idw comics are far from archie in terms of what they publish and I guarantee a majority of readers are far from children.

Yeah, this might be my Southern American sensibilities, but crap was something that I've been throwing out since I was about 8. That just seemed normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I think that's a bit out of character, don't you think?

"Mr. Sonic, you're a dried up crusty old hasbeen, who sweats literal tombstone dust from your joints each time your rusty, un-oiled body tries to push your dumb, saggy, linguini legs to run. You look like one of those old fucks from the Muppets."

                                                     - A Literal, Actual Quote from Cream the Rabbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

"Mr. Sonic, you're a dried up crusty old hasbeen, who sweats literal tombstone dust from your joints each time your rusty, un-oiled body tries to push your dumb, saggy, linguini legs to run. You look like one of those old fucks from the Muppets."

                                                     - A Literal, Actual Quote from Cream the Rabbit.

In my head, I imagine Cream' actually saying that with a smile and her cutesy voice, and I just can't stop laughing. Do you mind if this goes in my sig?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

" You look like one of those old fucks from the Muppets."

                                                     - A Literal, Actual Quote from Cream the Rabbit.

Someone ask Michelle Ruff to record this. :joy: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dk0awvpU4AAcqrq.jpg

Seems like Stanley will draw issue 8 and not Yardley! I'm glad because Stanley is one of my favorite artists! Does it mean she'll do issue 9 too?

Perhaps Yardley need some more time before properly drawing Whisper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Yeah, this might be my Southern American sensibilities, but crap was something that I've been throwing out since I was about 8. That just seemed normal.

It's also unusual to consider it swearing in the UK, at least in my experience. Not that it ordinarily crops up in children's media of course, but it's never struck me as particularly offensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Swear words suck. What's the point of profanities if everyone uses the same ones?

It's just ridiculous. Also cartoons and comics get creative.

Swear words are great* when used in small doses (and large with certain characters in shows for adults). They express surprise or discontent in a way that other words cannot because they aren't meant to come up in normal conversation.

 

*Not including extremely offensive words that are racist, sexist, homophobic, ableist etc. Those are only appropriate in a mature context that is trying to address intolerance in society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see Stanley doing the art for #9. Tracy is great, and he seems to be better than before, but I've never been particularly crazy about the way he draws Blaze... and others, for that matter. Stanley on the other hand, does a phenomenal job on Blaze, and I really enjoy her art a lot in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Flame Lance said:

Happy to see Stanley doing the art for #9. Tracy is great, and he seems to be better than before, but I've never been particularly crazy about the way he draws Blaze... and others, for that matter. Stanley on the other hand, does a phenomenal job on Blaze, and I really enjoy her art a lot in general. 

Her Sonic needs a little work, though.

 

Also, who usually does colors for her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.