Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

TBH, it can be used just as a quirk, while she can have other stuff for her. I feel that going to much into the "let's try to explain her paranoia" would add too much layer on something that was just supposed to be a quirk, and would remind a bit of the Charmy thing in pre-SGW. There is several way of fleshing her out, basically just by taking and using the other aspect of her (being a wild person, being simply distrustfull - but about everything, at least everything she doesn't know - working on her relationships with other characters, etc).

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd lay off the hyperbole about the government and so on to start with.  She lives in the middle of nowhere, we can say that she chooses to live in the middle of nowhere as she's always been mistrustful of the wider world despite knowing absolutely nothing about it - and the more she actually ends up learning about the wider world, the more she finds reason to be mistrustful of it; but mad, insane reasons.

All this, plus at least explain how Sonic and Co. found her in the first place. Half the time, she's just there. 

I think if she appeared in the games, they'd just act like they already know her. Don't know if that'd be different in the comic.

They gave intros for all the other new characters...why would it be different for her? The bad thing they do is then grouping all the characters together as if it means something.

24 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

They gave intros for all the other new characters...why would it be different for her? The bad thing they do is then grouping all the characters together as if it means something.

To be fair, in Heroes and to some extent 06, it did.

51 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

All this, plus at least explain how Sonic and Co. found her in the first place. Half the time, she's just there. 

We know that she was supposed to have been found and somewhat civilized by Amy at some point.

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

If Sticks does appear, than hopefully her character gets a major makeover.

So...not Sticks then?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

To be fair, in Heroes and to some extent 06, it did.

Games built around them when they honestly didn't need to be...

You know when it did matter...SA2. The Hero story, Dark Story thing...

Games like Heroes could have a whole single campaign since it's such a simple story...

While Nex Gen didn't need nearly the amount of characters it did have for the stupid team thing...

22 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Games built around them when they honestly didn't need to be...

You know when it did matter...SA2. The Hero story, Dark Story thing...

Games like Heroes could have a whole single campaign since it's such a simple story...

While Nex Gen didn't need nearly the amount of characters it did have for the stupid team thing...

I meant in terms of story, ghostbrain

They never explained why Sonic has his personality, why Eggman is evil, so why would they explain why Sticks has paranoia? I thought it was explained, she always lived alone in the jungle, which resulted in her current personality, isn't this true? As for introduction, yeah I agree, she needs one. But don't change her Ian, please, she's so perfect and adorable as she is.💓

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Silent Jack said:

They never explained why Sonic has his personality, why Eggman is evil, so why would they explain why Sticks has paranoia? I thought it was explained, she always lived alone in the jungle, which resulted in her current personality, isn't this true? As for introduction, yeah I agree, she needs one. But don't change her Ian, please, she's so perfect and adorable as she is.💓

Honestly, it's a matte of changing her personality so much as adjusting her portrayal to fit better with the stories being told, which shouldn't be that hard considering some episodes of Boom proper did that already.

She's already not far off what the comic was seemingly trying to do with Tangle(in practice), so there shouldn't be an issue. The only real concern is ironically that Mr. Flynn himself reigns her in from how he and/or the other Archie writers previously portrayed her in the comics.

37 minutes ago, kimplix said:

Honestly, both of these covers look outstandingly great

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Love that second cover! It reminds me of the "Fight for Freedom!" cover from the end of the Archie comics. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, kimplix said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Flipping gorgeous! I'm going to name my children after them.

Don't correct me, I'll think of something!!!

• Way Past Cool 1

47 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Flipping gorgeous! I'm going to name my children after them.

Don't correct me, I'll think of something!!!

11 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Only one of them has a name though...

image.png.2d2d13a72a5d6de442f9e90ea14b60c4.png

Neo Metal Sonic's robot claws literally diggibg into the skin of their fists like that looks prettt painful. I wonder if that hurts them. Probably only just a tiny bit.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Neo Metal Sonic's robot claws literally diggibg into the skin of their fists like that looks prettt painful. I wonder if that hurts them. Probably only just a tiny bit.

Gloves are skin now? 🙃

6 hours ago, kimplix said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Very cool.

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Gloves are skin now? 🙃

If they were wearing something thick, I'd have mentioned the gloves but their gloves clearly look like they're made of easily pierced material.

Or maybe their gloves are their skin. They never come off after all.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:01 AM, kimplix said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Pair of great covers here, though I feel more partial to the first personally. 

On the topic of Sticks, I'm onboard for including her even if she has to be dialed back a little if only because her character entertains me and I'm curious to see how she would play with the other characters beyond the Sonic Channel comics.

• Thumbs Up 1