Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

32 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What kinda thorough deepcut you showin off there?

I was just really enjoying some wordplay with character names.

Speaking of shadow related word play Ian said a thing in the interview I want to address. 

Something like " Surprise people with shadow stories I want to do later down the line " 

Did he mean shadow as in secret, or like shadow as in shadow

Changing the topic, what do you want to see or expect from Battle for Angel Island?

I'm so hyped for this arc, the covers look amazing, they have so much personality, I'm also impressed that the whole cast is there, with a focus on Sonic and Knuckles, plus cool things like Extreme Gears and Burning Blaze. I definitely want to see the Master Emerald and Angel Island to be relevant, maybe with some lore and mythology that already exists. I kind of want Neo Metal Sonic to turn gold like Mecha in S3&K, it would be something new and pretty cool.

And about year 2's storyline, what would you like to see from it? I have clear ideas:

- A connected storyline with Year 1, maybe through a cliffhanger in issue 12.

- More Eggman, the return of his villanous side, because I quite miss it right now.

- More Tails, it feels he is really absent this year.

- The debut of Sticks as a recurring character for Year 2, her interaction with Amy as friends, and with Tails since they have opposite personalities.

- Another Sonic villain taking the spotlight, either Chaos, or the Deadly Six (mainly Zavok), or Infinite, or somebody else, I guess.

- More new characters debuting. Plus explore new storylines with Tangle and especially Whisper.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

All of these would be really great, for me. Personnaly, what I would like for Y2 (or following years) is :

- At least a storyline in the Human World, with returning location from the Adventure. Bonus point if it's a storyline that use the two world setting in an interesting way, but just having some Adventure or Unleashed location would make me happy. If we see the portal and that it's a really cool and impressive thing (like something huge, or with a "ancient technology" look), it would be nice, too.

- More worldbuilding and lore. Not a "world tour arc" like in the past, but just naming some location adding some stuff that happened in the past, some things to make the world more alive.

- Another comic-book, to have more space to develop story and add side-story. For me a Sonic Universe-like with side stories is what is really missing for IDWSonic, because it would be space to play with the other characters.

And I wouldn't be unhappy if characters for other continuity showed, as I love use of legacy Sonic content.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Definitely more world building and lore! Plus an interesting and original storyline, perhaps explore the different worlds of Sonic the Hedgehog. As for the second book I would like it to be Classic focused.

8 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Speaking of shadow related word play Ian said a thing in the interview I want to address. 

Something like " Surprise people with shadow stories I want to do later down the line " 

Did he mean shadow as in secret, or like shadow as in shadow

Hopefully the latter, as that'd be rather careless of him to word it like that in this series.

11 hours ago, StaticMania said:

I was just really enjoying some wordplay with character names.

Ah.

5 hours ago, Silent Jack said:

Changing the topic, what do you want to see or expect from Battle for Angel Island?

I'm so hyped for this arc, the covers look amazing, they have so much personality, I'm also impressed that the whole cast is there, with a focus on Sonic and Knuckles, plus cool things like Extreme Gears and Burning Blaze. I definitely want to see the Master Emerald and Angel Island to be relevant, maybe with some lore and mythology that already exists. I kind of want Neo Metal Sonic to turn gold like Mecha in S3&K, it would be something new and pretty cool.

Some detail/lipservice to how long it's been since Knuckles left with Silver for his "apparently fated role" and what he might have done in regards to his home since then, whether actively or thoughtfully.

For Cream, Gemerl, and Omega to get a decent share on the action, in that order.

And honestly, I kinda don't want Neo to just turn gold/bronze if they can help it.

Anything else is a wait and see right now.

5 hours ago, Silent Jack said:

And about year 2's storyline, what would you like to see from it? I have clear ideas:

- A connected storyline with Year 1, maybe through a cliffhanger in issue 12.

- The debut of Sticks as a recurring character for Year 2, her interaction with Amy as friends, and with Tails since they have opposite personalities.

- Another Sonic villain taking the spotlight, either Chaos, or the Deadly Six (mainly Zavok), or Infinite, or somebody else, I guess.

- More new characters debuting. Plus explore new storylines with Whisper.

Not sure what the plan for this year 2(whether literal or in theory) is, but I suppose it's safe to generally want these things and more.

- Proper worldbuilding

- The hinted eventual significant return of Rough n Tumble

- Another original villain

- Lower key stories

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Didn't Ian say that Year 2 wouldn't introduce new characters? 

I'd believe that if its true. There's a lot of characters in a single book, this is in combination with, there are things both IDW and Sonic team will want pushed, that he's privy to that we aren't. I figure its gonna be hard to introduce a lot of new folks in the middle of this

I think I’d rather have a classic book as a miniseries. An ongoing classic book wouldn’t add anything to the worldbuilding of the main book because, well, they’re different continuities.

• Thumbs Up 1

That pic reminds me how much I hate side mouth.

Also depending on when that book comes out, the most important thing that I ( and all of us TBH ) need to see is the variant covers. 

1 hour ago, Silent Jack said:

Maybe Shadow will get some focus in this arc after all...

Sonic_RIcover_11-copy.jpg

Shadow smiling? Interesting, if otherwise kinda undersaturated/basic cover.

20 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Shadow smiling? Interesting, if otherwise kinda undersaturated/basic cover.

Maybe the uh

Alt covers might be a bit more interesting depending on the date , if you uh know what i'm sayin

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

That pic reminds me how much I hate side mouth.

They're always gonna have side mouth in the 2D art....if only they were designed so that wouldn't happen.

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Maybe the uh

Alt covers might be a bit more interesting depending on the date , if you uh know what i'm sayin

Nah, not really.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Nah, not really.

There's a rumblings that shadow might get to punch some plumbers, a space bounter hunter a switch and several other people in the face. 

There might be alt covers to reflect that

If the book is about shadow at all. 

That could be just be a cover the book has nothing to do with him given the description and they want to sell copies 

22 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

There's a rumblings that shadow might get to punch some plumbers, a space bounter hunter a switch and several other people in the face. 

There might be alt covers to reflect that

If the book is about shadow at all. 

That could be just be a cover the book has nothing to do with him given the description and they want to sell copies 

Meh.

I doubt that has much of anything to do with it. We''ll have to see the other covers and the solicit.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Meh.

I doubt that has much of anything to do with it. We''ll have to see the other covers and the solicit.

I'm nt saying anything has to do with anything. What I am saying is that there could be an alt cover like that, and there is precedent for them doing it, because they technically have done it before. Though they don't seem to get rafa knight to do covers anymore ( and... don't pay her apparently ) so I guess no more 3d models

"Sonic and Knuckles are on the ropes as their foe uses the power of the Master Emerald to become a far more formidable threat!"

Spoiler

File:SMA5-44.png

Is it finally time...?

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

"Sonic and Knuckles are on the ropes as their foe uses the power of the Master Emerald to become a far more formidable threat!"

Hide contents

File:SMA5-44.png

Is it finally time...?

You know how it will end if it is it, right ?

Spoiler

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt sonic mania adventures part 5 knuckles

• Chuckle 8

1 hour ago, superman43 said:

You know how it will end if it is it, right ?

Reveal hidden contents

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt sonic mania adventures part 5 knuckles

leakd issue 12 penel:

Spoiler

sonic_mania_adventures_5.jpg

Okay, but for real, I'm quite sure we can say this solicitation just bloody spoiled a plot point for us. Boy, I looove it when that happens. It does raise a few questions, such as if we will we get a Super Neo Metal Sonic, even though it's against the rules of the Sonic Bible?

2 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Okay, but for real, I'm quite sure we can say this solicitation just bloody spoiled a plot point for us. Boy, I looove it when that happens. It does raise a few questions, such as if we will we get a Super Neo Metal Sonic, even though it's against the rules of the Sonic Bible?

Well, Ian in the SAGE interview DID say he's going to do something with Neo Metal that wouldn't have flown by in the Archie book, so I don't think it'd be TOO far from the realm of possibility.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Well, Ian in the SAGE interview DID say he's going to do something with Neo Metal that wouldn't have flown by in the Archie book, so I don't think it'd be TOO far from the realm of possibility.

Plus, given his pseudo-Super form from Mania Adventures, along with Mighty and Ray turning Super proper, it seems Sega's getting a little more lenient with the concept, at least as far as Classic-era characters go.

And anything's gotta be better than Metal Overlord. Even Ian himself openly dislikes that form, and he said Sega outright banned it from Archie. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe SEGA's okay with it as long as he doesn't actually change colors. That's reserved for hedgehogs of course. Maybe Metal Sonic falls under "male hedgehog" by technicality?

• Thumbs Up 2