Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

10 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The closest to that description I can currently think of would be Rob’O the Hedge from Archie Sonic.

OH. MY. GOODNESS!

He looks incredible!!! Could you please tell me more about this character? You have made my day @Ernest-Panda!!

8 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Thanks for this because I had no idea who G-merl was. I've never played any of the hand held games. Sounds like a cool character though , love how he looks.

He was used in the tail-end of the Archie comics as well, as sort of a body-guard/butler of Vanilla and Cream (continuing from the Advance 3 game). I'd imagine Ian Flynn will continue to use him the same way here.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Thank you!

Do you think theres a chance we will see him in the new on-going?

No. Absolutely not.

• Chuckle 1

You won't be seeing Rob'O ever again because of his creator, Ken Penders. 

See, it's been a near decade of Ken Penders going on about character rights and how he deserved to get his characters back after he left the comic and sued Sega for the likeness of his Echidna characters (which was total bunk and we all know it) in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Come 2013, the book had a soft reboot where everything got a new coat of paint and all of his characters got axed off panel. 

That's an abridged version of what happened. It's honestly a messy and horrid history of dealing with Ken and things were so much better when Flynn got the reins of the book as the lead writer. The book hit its peak when the 2013 soft reboot happened. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, LongcrierCat said:

You won't be seeing Rob'O ever again because of his creator, Ken Penders. 

See, it's been a near decade of Ken Penders going on about character rights and how he deserved to get his characters back after he left the comic and sued Sega for the likeness of his Echidna characters (which was total bunk and we all know it) in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Come 2013, the book had a soft reboot where everything got a new coat of paint and all of his characters got axed off panel. 

That's an abridged version of what happened. It's honestly a messy and horrid history of dealing with Ken and things were so much better when Flynn got the reins of the book as the lead writer. 

Oh that is so sad... I instantly fell in love with the character.

Yeah, Rob'O could have had a good part in the Sonic universe. But eh, Ken Penders will be Ken Penders. I was a fan of Mammoth Mogul myself as a side antagonist. 

I'm just hoping now that the Freedom Fighters still have a place in the Sonic Universe post Archie and Forces. The mere fact that they were not in a game that echoed that comic and SatAM (the 1993 Sonic show) is kind of disheartening for major fans of it who valued that as a part of the Sonic Legacy in pop culture. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

I was a fan of Mammoth Mogul myself as a side antagonist. 

Speaking of which, how is THAT legal thing currently?

Just now, Alexios31 said:

So is there any chance whatsoever that we will EVER see Rob’O the Hedge in the Sonic universe ever again?

Sadly, it doesn't seem like there is given how Penders took all of his characters with him.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Sadly, it doesn't seem like there is given how Penders took all of his characters with him.

Thank you. Sad. I instantly fell in love with the character. What other character did Penders create? I hope that there will be a resolution somewhere down the line.

25 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Thank you. Sad. I instantly fell in love with the character. What other character did Penders create? I hope that there will be a resolution somewhere down the line.

Archimedes the FireAnt, Geoffrey St. John, Enerjak, Dimitri, Julie-Su, Locke the Echidna, Kodos Lion, Kragok, Hershey the Cat, Drago Wolf, Lien-Da, General Helmut Von Stryker, Saffron Bee, and if you wanna count her(he doesn't), the real Fiona Fox, just to name a few.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

With all due respect, could you please not ask questions you could do research on?

12 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Archimedes the FireAnt, Geoffrey St. John, Enerjak, Dimitri, Julie-Su, Locke the Echidna, Kodos Lion, Kragok, Hershey the Cat, Drago Wolf, Lien-Da, General Helmut Von Stryker, Saffron Bee, and if you wanna count her(he doesn't), the real Fiona Fox, just to name a few.

Thank you very much, quite a lot of characters. Hopefully one day they will all be back in the Sonic universe.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

1 minute ago, Alexios31 said:

Thank you very much, quite a lot of characters. Hopefully one day they will all be back in the Sonic universe.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

It's fine. It's not like we haven't been spinning our wheels here.

With that said, we do have an Archie thread, where one member has been giving his views on the issues as he reads them, so maybe you can get some more info there.

Also, here's some pictures of most of the characters I listed

Spoiler

Image result for ken penders characters

image.jpeg.19efb069648ee21d0bee28a1229ae92a.jpeg

image.jpeg.894bf69c52e16538556f6f700f1992c9.jpeg

image.jpeg.8bbfe2f02450c66b0bb9db67426d900c.jpeg

Image result for drago wolf

Image result for lienda

Image result for helmut von stryker

image.jpeg.0b3ea44e2607387bdfd58047e5c056e9.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

It's fine. It's not like we haven't been spinning our wheels here.

With that said, we do have an Archie thread, where one member has been giving his views on the issues as he reads them, so maybe you can get some more info there.

Also, here's some pictures of most of the characters I listed

Hide contents

image.jpeg.19efb069648ee21d0bee28a1229ae92a.jpeg

image.jpeg.894bf69c52e16538556f6f700f1992c9.jpeg

image.jpeg.8bbfe2f02450c66b0bb9db67426d900c.jpeg

Image result for drago wolf

Image result for lienda

Image result for helmut von stryker

image.jpeg.0b3ea44e2607387bdfd58047e5c056e9.jpeg

Thank you for being so kind.

Like I said, I am a complete Sonic comic newB. Any info is greatly appreciated.

12 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

Thank you for being so kind.

Like I said, I am a complete Sonic comic newB. Any info is greatly appreciated.

That's good actually. There isn't a better time to be a Sonic comic newbie since the IDW comic just started. Its only 8 issues in currently. The old Archie one was cancelled because of a lot of complicated nonsense (as well as possible behind the scenes stuff that we probably don't know about) that would take too long to explain.

• Thumbs Up 2