Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

12 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

Thanks guys, you have been so welcoming and kind. I hope we get a green/teal male character one day.

So you are looking for the color like, say, Squirtle? I don't know, but green characters are in the series, there's Jet who is a rival. But most importantly...

Vector the Crocodile!

Vector_the_Crocodile_2013.png

He is a hero, and one of my favorite characters.

4 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

So you are looking for the color like, say, Squirtle? I don't know, but green characters are in the series, there's Jet who is a rival. But most importantly...

Vector the Crocodile!

Vector_the_Crocodile_2013.png

He is a hero, and one of my favorite characters.

There was also Scourge the Hedgehog from the Archie Preboot, though he was retconned.

image.jpeg.de4cfdf126ea481ec036162bfeb64707.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The closest to that description I can currently think of would be Rob’O the Hedge from Archie Sonic.

OH. MY. GOODNESS!

He looks incredible!!! Could you please tell me more about this character? You have made my day @Ernest-Panda!!

8 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Thanks for this because I had no idea who G-merl was. I've never played any of the hand held games. Sounds like a cool character though , love how he looks.

He was used in the tail-end of the Archie comics as well, as sort of a body-guard/butler of Vanilla and Cream (continuing from the Advance 3 game). I'd imagine Ian Flynn will continue to use him the same way here.

You won't be seeing Rob'O ever again because of his creator, Ken Penders. 

See, it's been a near decade of Ken Penders going on about character rights and how he deserved to get his characters back after he left the comic and sued Sega for the likeness of his Echidna characters (which was total bunk and we all know it) in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Come 2013, the book had a soft reboot where everything got a new coat of paint and all of his characters got axed off panel. 

That's an abridged version of what happened. It's honestly a messy and horrid history of dealing with Ken and things were so much better when Flynn got the reins of the book as the lead writer. The book hit its peak when the 2013 soft reboot happened. 

1 minute ago, LongcrierCat said:

You won't be seeing Rob'O ever again because of his creator, Ken Penders. 

See, it's been a near decade of Ken Penders going on about character rights and how he deserved to get his characters back after he left the comic and sued Sega for the likeness of his Echidna characters (which was total bunk and we all know it) in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Come 2013, the book had a soft reboot where everything got a new coat of paint and all of his characters got axed off panel. 

That's an abridged version of what happened. It's honestly a messy and horrid history of dealing with Ken and things were so much better when Flynn got the reins of the book as the lead writer. 

Oh that is so sad... I instantly fell in love with the character.

Yeah, Rob'O could have had a good part in the Sonic universe. But eh, Ken Penders will be Ken Penders. I was a fan of Mammoth Mogul myself as a side antagonist. 

I'm just hoping now that the Freedom Fighters still have a place in the Sonic Universe post Archie and Forces. The mere fact that they were not in a game that echoed that comic and SatAM (the 1993 Sonic show) is kind of disheartening for major fans of it who valued that as a part of the Sonic Legacy in pop culture.