Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Being protagonist is kinda a marty stu role, in some exceptions.

Which is basically why this concept is often pretty meaningless outside of the fanfiction realm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Thank you both. So 3 new heroes are all female? I was kind of hoping for a new male hero.

I think they added more female heroes because there are already many male heroes (Sonic-Knuckles-Tails-Shadow-Silver-Chaotix-Omega...) and not many female heroes (Amy-Cream--Blaze-Rouge)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I think they added more female heroes because there are already many male heroes (Sonic-Knuckles-Tails-Shadow-Silver-Chaotix-Omega...) and not many female heroes (Amy-Cream--Blaze-Rouge)

Agreed.

 

Hopefully some new male heroes soon. How often do they add new heroes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kazhnuz said:

When they see fit. They don't have really a schedule, but it's pretty sure that it won't happen before the end of Battle for Angel Island (that begin this month).

True, they introduced new characters in the first 8 issue. But for the Battle for Angel Island arc (issue 9 till issue 12) I don't think they'll introduce new ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kazhnuz said:

When they see fit. They don't have really a schedule for new characters, but it's pretty sure that it won't happen before the end of Battle for Angel Island (that begin this month), so in 4 month minimum.

4 months? Oh ok thanks.

 

Do we have any idea who they might be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Thank you so very much. You guys are beyond nice.

Could you please tell me about the new characters? Any green characters? Haha my favourite colour is green.

 

Mine too!

56 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

 

Who is Cream?

48 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

 

Who is this cream character? He/she sounds intriguing.

D'oh! 

You must be new to this franchise.

 

39 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Thank you both. So 3 new heroes are all female? I was kind of hoping for a new male hero.

 

 

Nah, just those two thus far.

32 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

How often do they add new heroes?

Not very at all. 

And honestly, Tangle seems to just be there for the sake of having a character with a name(you'll get that when you actually get up) and for IDW to show off for publicity's sake to hype up the comic's four issue debut.

 

31 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

When they make a new character, they show art of this character before the issue he appears in comes out (like a month before the issue releases).

@Alexios31Or in Tangle's case, 3 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

Agreed.

 

Hopefully some new male heroes soon. How often do they add new heroes?

IDW said they won't be introducing any new characters in year 2 (issues 13-24), so I wouldn't expect anyone until 2020 at least. Even then, its more likely to be game characters who haven't been introduced to the comics yet (ie, Big). They've got plenty to work with already- Whisper and Tangle need panel time, as do Rough and Tumble,  even most of the games cast has gotten one issue each thus far, the current setting/continuity needs to be developed, Silver and Blaze's worlds, Eggman's return to form, etc. I think there's plenty to get through before expanding the cast even more.

Now that its been mentioned, I think a lot of recurring female heroes were lost with the Archie continuity- Sally and Bunnie in particular, Nicole, Honey, etc. just off the top of my head. That kinda just leaves the cast with Amy, Rouge (who's basically tied to Shadow), Blaze (who's from another world and rarely gets to appear), and Cream (who's notoriously difficult to write in an action setting), so it makes sense that Tangle and Whisper were introduced to be recurring characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

IDW said they won't be introducing any new characters in year 2 (issues 13-24), so I wouldn't expect anyone until 2020 at least. Even then, its more likely to be game characters who haven't been introduced to the comics yet (ie, Big). They've got plenty to work with already- Whisper and Tangle need panel time, as do Rough and Tumble,  even most of the games cast has gotten one issue each thus far, the current setting/continuity needs to be developed, Silver and Blaze's worlds, Eggman's return to form, etc. I think there's plenty to get through before expanding the cast even more.

Now that its been mentioned, I think a lot of recurring female heroes were lost with the Archie continuity- Sally and Bunnie in particular, Nicole, Honey, etc. just off the top of my head. That kinda just leaves the cast with Amy, Rouge (who's basically tied to Shadow), Blaze (who's from another world and rarely gets to appear), and Cream (who's notoriously difficult to write in an action setting), so it makes sense that Tangle and Whisper were introduced to be recurring characters.

Great insight, thanks.

Hopefully 2020 some new male heroes will arrive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

Thanks guys, you have been so welcoming and kind. I hope we get a green/teal male character one day.

So you are looking for the color like, say, Squirtle? I don't know, but green characters are in the series, there's Jet who is a rival. But most importantly...

Vector the Crocodile!

Vector_the_Crocodile_2013.png

He is a hero, and one of my favorite characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

So you are looking for the color like, say, Squirtle? I don't know, but green characters are in the series, there's Jet who is a rival. But most importantly...

Vector the Crocodile!

Vector_the_Crocodile_2013.png

He is a hero, and one of my favorite characters.

There was also Scourge the Hedgehog from the Archie Preboot, though he was retconned.

image.jpeg.de4cfdf126ea481ec036162bfeb64707.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.