Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

On 9/13/2018 at 5:56 PM, Scape said:

Most women aren't pink hedgehogs. But I guess this series can't let a character be openly affectionate towards Sonic without turning them into a loser like Tails

I feel odd defending Amy in two separate topics but StC's Sonic isn't particularly likable. 'Bit of a dick. Fact is Fleetway Amy started out 100% accurate to the games, overly affectionate fan girl, and got verbally trashed by him. She simply has the distinction of getting over her crush and 'growing up' faster than the other incarnations, I mean Fleetway's still got the guerrilla war setting going on. It's a standard moral in storytelling that this Amy alone had to deal with - celebrities are human too, people aren't always what their public image portrays them as.

17 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Okay, what has she done thus far that could fit that vague honor?

Not her, but her peception of Blaze.

You can't say no one else outside of Sonic and Shadow are allowed to be cool when Tangle was clearly falling over herself to gawk at Blaze. With Sonic standing right there no less. 

53 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

StC Amy was never actually “in love” with Sonic iirc. Her whole shtick was that she was teasing him.

In that case I'm well overdue for brushing up on StC it's been a good while.

Archie's my wheelhouse.

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

StC Amy was never actually “in love” with Sonic iirc. Her whole shtick was that she was teasing him.

That could've been her shtick in the games too...but they always play it straight whenever she's around him. So, there's that.

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Not her, but her peception of Blaze.

You can't say no one else outside of Sonic and Shadow are allowed to be cool when Tangle was clearly falling over herself to gawk at Blaze. With Sonic standing right there no less. 

Well, that has little to do with Tangle and more to do with Blaze.

I don't know why Modern characters wouldn't be allowed to be used in a modern comic. 

You know, about the Tangle X Blaze dynamic, it could have been a lot more interesting than Tangle fangirling over Blaze, I wanted a banter like Sonic and Amy, but different, like ladies cat-fights, to show the contrast between Tangle's energy and excitement and Blaze's shyness and keeping her feelings repressed.

3 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Whoopsie-doodle...

Seriously do people nitpick at this, and do not bother to look at the ambitious composition and perspective, the improved inking, Tangle and Whisper, and Shadow's pose homage to his Sonic Forces pose ???

1 hour ago, I Love Sticks said:

...I wanted a banter like Sonic and Amy, but different, like ladies cat-fights, to show the contrast between Tangle's energy and excitement and Blaze's shyness and keeping her feelings repressed.

That's what Amy and/or Cream's dynamic with Blaze would be, that's not necessary.

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Seriously do people nitpick at this, and do not bother to look at the ambitious composition and perspective, the improved inking, Tangle and Whisper, and Shadow's pose homage to his Sonic Forces pose ???

They do both. They're entitled to do both 

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Shhh.. let people have fun

The comic's art is consistently good anyway, so of course when something's off it's more noticeable

11 hours ago, Cuz said:

I feel odd defending Amy in two separate topics but StC's Sonic isn't particularly likable. 'Bit of a dick. Fact is Fleetway Amy started out 100% accurate to the games, overly affectionate fan girl, and got verbally trashed by him. She simply has the distinction of getting over her crush and 'growing up' faster than the other incarnations, I mean Fleetway's still got the guerrilla war setting going on. It's a standard moral in storytelling that this Amy alone had to deal with - celebrities are human too, people aren't always what their public image portrays them as.

That version of Sonic is garbage too

• Thumbs Up 4

Outside of Sonic and Amy, most of the game characters weren't that different to what was being seen in other media (games or Archie, but mostly comparable to Archie in this instance). 

Just now, StaticMania said:

That could've been her shtick in the games too...but they always play it straight whenever she's around him. So, there's that.

Nah, she is really in love with Sonic in the games as dates aren't teasing about your feelings.

7 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Outside of Sonic and Amy, most of the game characters weren't that different to what was being seen in other media (games or Archie, but mostly comparable to Archie in this instance). 

I disagree, I would also say the set up around the characters makes them quite different 

Just now, ShadowSJG said:

This is off topic but related. On twitter, I see a lot of people complaining about Ian because he tweeted against comicsgate a while back. 

I don't see why people would be angry if someone is against homophobia, transphobia, racism and misogyny!

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

It's silly. Someone said Ian is a bigot for calling out bigotry. My god, these alt right clowns are such a joke. It's really sad to see this as I was hoping the sonic comic fandom wasn't tainted with those fools

They said he wasn't entitled to speak out because he had no place in the discussion. 

Never mind the fact that while Ian is a cis white straight (as far as I know) man, many of his friends and colleagues in the business (including his own wife) are not, and thus they get subject to the discrimination. 

So people within the oppressed minority groups are expected to stand up for themselves with absolutely no outside help? That’s what these people are saying?

1 minute ago, Ernest-Panda said:

So people within the oppressed minority groups are expected to stand up for themselves with absolutely no outside help?

These hypocrites use this excuse "no place in the discussion", but in reality they want to keep the minorities silenced.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay time to rerail the conversation. I don't feel like drawing the attention of whatever Internet mob is screaming in social media these days and I'm certainly not going to allow links to random people on Twitter just to paint a target on their backs. Let's move on.

@ShadowSJG while it's fine if you wanted to bring this up, I seriously question your intentions because you ALWAYS seem to have a link to someone saying something you don't like. Please stop doing this if you are going to bring up these subjects on this forum. Next time I'll be inclined to put you on modqueue.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Nah, she is really in love with Sonic in the games as dates aren't teasing about your feelings.

I know...I said teasing could've been her thing. Go back-n-forth dang it! She's not shy, so like other characters of he archetype, she could've done that.