Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

A theory about the next issue (probably spoilers)

Spoiler

Everyone who complains about Blaze not fighting Metal is wrong.

"I baited the heroes into bringing me the last thing I need for my ascension."

Metal became Neo Metal. Metal is going Super. Now he will obtain Burning Form.

Metal Sonic is on his way to take it all. Also Shadow will totally do something Chaos Control related to stop him. But it will not  involve punching, that honor goes to Sonic & Knuckles.

On the topic unrelated to spoiler above, Burning Blaze NEVER looked better.

Not only transformation looks fantastic, but her hair, tail and even her cuffs look like fire. Sweet!

X.png.ec433f68c0a5e0d7ba8bbc78ccf45d36.png

• Thumbs Up 4

So when Ian said no new characters would be introduced in Year 2, did he mean just mena comic exclusive characters or did he also mean other Sonic characters like Omega, Big, Cream, etc.?

Anyone else notice that Angel Island has a mechanical wing on the left of the second page?

9 hours ago, StaticMania said:

It's less creepy that way...and doesn't remind me of a certain image.

Great, now I'm curious.

3 hours ago, Ivo the Coldsteel said:

can't wait for this battle to be drawn out for like three months

Few seconds later...

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT180647

Oh BTW, here's some solicit for issue 12.

Spoiler

We get this. Basically confirmation that the fight ends at the beginning of the issue 12 and they have other business. An old villain and Metal still has something to do, to tie into Year 2 as I hoped.

I'd spoil tag this, but outside the last page there isn't much to spoil.

I liked it well enough, but I do feel like a huge event like this is indeed too soon. Most of the characters feel like they're here for the sake of it and dont have much thematic reasons for being here beyond the generic motive of "Beat the bad guy". Probably could have focused on a smaller cast for much better results.

If nothing else, the interactions were good and that's all I really hope for at the end of the day.

So overall, another very simple but entertaining issue.

6 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

Hide contents

We can CLEARLY see how Amy here is definitely NOT Sally, like some people thought, and it's really refreshing, her strategy and orders are really cute and funny.

How so? 

Cause honestly, I thought they were just a little thick about her being a leader.

6 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

Hide contents

Cream and the others will probably join forces once the resistance is tired from the fight.

I hope so.

Though now that I think about it, that kinda resembles the payoff I might've had in Forces if I had any chance to tweak it.

6 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Hide contents

-Shadow can be called Team Leader for all I care, but do something with it. A team leader you know, leads their team...so him just going off on his own doesn't show great leadership qualities.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure it's setup for him swooping in and helping the Fighting Buddies with Super Neo Metal.

5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Just want to mention, while that's interesting. Shadow clones have effectively been commuting genocide for several months so, don't forget that. She could be mad about that. 

Most normal non " Group of super heroes " people would view shadow is some bringer of death or eggman lackey" due to what happened

That's what my initial thought was.

6 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Eh I think it's fine. I fear for the big cast essentially stepping on each others toes and they merely become writers action figures/puppets rather than really feel necessary to the story. That was basically Worlds Unite in a nutshell. Still not really like super interested, but maybe we'll get something noteworthy.

Hide contents

-Shadow can be called Team Leader for all I care, but do something with it. A team leader you know, leads their team...so him just going off on his own doesn't show great leadership qualities.

-I thought Amy started off fine as a leader....until they hit land and she gave the no shit sherlock orders. Might as well have had Knuckles say them and at least try to look like he is the leader like he is labelled as. Knuckles may as well have said it since it's the same dribble he'd come up with in Forces..so her saying that barebones lame ass commands feels weird. She's even called out for the do something smart order. I mean in other circumstances Tails response could come off as dickish...but no really what does that even mean? Do what? The big calls were go smash stuff, and go do something Tails I don't fucking know what (While not intentional kinda comes off as an unintentional insult). At least Rouge had something to do that sounded like there was some thought...honestly the worst part of the issue was this part as I don't feel it did anyone any favors.

Spoiler

-I think it's setup for him(and possibly Whisper) to jump in and help the Fighting Buddies deal with Super Neo Metal.

-I was just a little eh on how much she was shown off here. 

2 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:
  Hide contents

"An old foe returns..."

RIP Mr. Tinker.

2018-2018

While that is likely the realistic answer, I'm thinking it's actually something else.

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

A theory about the next issue (probably spoilers)

Hide contents

Everyone who complains about Blaze not fighting Metal is wrong.

"I baited the heroes into bringing me the last thing I need for my ascension."

Metal became Neo Metal. Metal is going Super. Now he will obtain Burning Form.

Metal Sonic is on his way to take it all. Also Shadow will totally do something Chaos Control related to stop him. But it will not  involve punching, that honor goes to Sonic & Knuckles.

On the topic unrelated to spoiler above, Burning Blaze NEVER looked better.

Not only transformation looks fantastic, but her hair, tail and even her cuffs look like fair. Sweet!

X.png.ec433f68c0a5e0d7ba8bbc78ccf45d36.png

Huh, I didn't notice that.

Nice detail.

• My Emmerdoods 1

Just now, Meta77 said:

You've asked the same thing twice now. Why or where was it even said they'd show up

Who are you talking to?

Also, if it is me, my computer glitched and seemingly lost a post of mine that I had to retype the last bit of.

1 minute ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Is this stuff even soft canon, or not considered canon at all?

It's a separate universe from the game canon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering that said cover is actually just a variant cover, it's not that surprising to me that some characters on the cover aren't actually in the story.

It's also possible that plans changed somewhere down the line, and the variant cover couldn't be changed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Is this stuff even soft canon, or not considered canon at all?

All the games from Sonic 1 to Sonic Forces happened.

Although, the comic is only affected by these previous games, and the futures  games (TSR) are not in this canon.

23 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Who are you talking to?

Also, if it is me, my computer glitched and seemingly lost a post of mine that I had to retype the last bit of.

No talking to Marco

25 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Nathalie Fourdraine's cover!

That in no way means a character will be in the comic

Huh. I got some huge Archie #195 vibes due to the end of this issue and I absolutely love it.

I had completely forgotten about this issue coming this month cause of Smash and KH3 and other stuff, so this was a nice surprise. Can't wait for the next issue.

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I still don't understnad why Cream, Omega and Gemerl weren't there. 

You don't have to understand anything. They can be a multitude of reason of why they aren't there : change of plan, cover not depicting the exact issue, etc. Maybe they ("they" can be SEGA, IDW, Flynn, etc) just thought that adding even more character just before the big fight wasn't a good idea, for instance.

27 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

All the games from Sonic 1 to Sonic Forces happened. 

That's not totally true: games have happened "in some way", and they might not have *all* happened (especially the most obscure ones)

45 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I just hope neo isnt gone after 12. Like seriously there hasn't been such a fun villian in years

Me too. He is really entertaining, and it's refreshing to have a menacing threat like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Other characters showing up is still possible, they wanted to focus on the already introduced ones, I think, but it's also possible they were just there for "everyone is here" vibe on a cover, eh.

Yep, Neo Metal Sonic is glorious, but that's because of good writing, a villain like, say, Infinite could get the same treatment under Flynn's pen, because there is a lot of potential tbh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

The issue was cool. I liked it.

Anyway, this kind of banter, interaction played right and a little fun at the transport ship - this is exactly what I was hoping to see in the Sky Patrol back at the first reboot. This... atmosphere.

Looks like Flynn learned this lesson, that's great.

Although, Tangle just teleported there with the sheer force of plot. That felt messy.

Honestly I couldn't care less about the absence of Big, Cream, etc. You need to establish a reason for a character to be in a scene, and I really see no reason at all for them being there in this issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Korke said:
  Hide contents

The issue was cool. I liked it.

Anyway, this kind of banter, interaction played right and a little fun at the transport ship - this is exactly what I was hoping to see in the Sky Patrol back at the first reboot. This... atmosphere.

Looks like Flynn learned this lesson, that's great.

Although, Tangle just teleported there with the sheer force of plot. That felt messy.

Honestly I couldn't care less about the absence of Big, Cream, etc. You need to establish a reason for a character to be in a scene, and I really see no reason at all for them being there in this issue.

Teleported?

And extra reinforcements.

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So when Ian said no new characters would be introduced in Year 2, did he mean just mena comic exclusive characters or did he also mean other Sonic characters like Omega, Big, Cream, etc.?

Could you give me a source to where he said this? I don't think he said this or he has been taken out of context.

Just now, SoNich said:

Could you give me a source to where he said this? I don't think he said this or he has been taken out of context.

I wanna say it was a good while after he initially said Sticks, Vanilla, Mighty, and Ray would be in Year 2.