Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I wanna say it was a good while after he initially said Sticks, Vanilla, Mighty, and Ray would be in Year 2.

I'm pretty sure the last 2 are off limits.

I think we've kinda left a couple of points to the wayside;

1. Covers aren't always a 1:1 reflection of content. 

Sonic #257 comes to mind primarily, with the string of game characters (and freedom fighters). Not only did the game characters not in the FFs not appear in the issue, the Babylon Rogues didn't appear post-reboot at all in-story. 

You could argue that the variant to IDW StH#9 shows more of a story context than that cover, which brings me to the second point. 

2. The cover could be showing a sequence later or basically act more as a general prelude. 

I mean, the events on the cover haven't actually happened in this issue, or just barely happened. There's elements on there that seem more like stuff we'll see later on. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I think we've kinda left a couple of points to the wayside;

1. Covers aren't always a 1:1 reflection of content. 

Sonic #257 comes to mind primarily, with the string of game characters (and freedom fighters). Not only did the game characters not in the FFs not appear in the issue, the Babylon Rogues didn't appear post-reboot at all in-story. 

Uh, I think you picked the wrong issue.

36 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Teleported?

And extra reinforcements.

From a military perspective? I guess. But from a writing perspective, that's actually harmful.

Spoiler

I'm surprised that SEGA let Ian give Neo Metal have a golden super mode.

(Although, he IS based off of a male hedgehog, so that's probably how they got it by.)

14 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Any idea for Whisper's beef with Shadow?

She and a rogue Shadow illusion were dating, but he cheated on her with...eh, let's say...Zomom.

Spoiler

I hope Super Neo Metal and the Mania Supers opens the doors for more super forms for other characters, or if we're lucky, maybe even the Super Emeralds could be repaired and used.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mecha Sonic going super is precedent for both Metal and Neo-Metal going super. That's not enough for anyone else. Now unless anyone who isn't S, S, S, or Blaze goes super, that's when you start getting hopeful.

44 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

He witnessed some of what Eggman and/or Infinite did to her, but decided not to break his cover.

16 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Mecha Sonic going super is precedent for both Metal and Neo-Metal going super. That's not enough for anyone else. Now unless anyone who isn't S, S, S, or Blaze goes super, that's when you start getting hopeful.

Well, there are the Mania super forms.

Granted, they aren't canon, but then again, neither is IDW.

Man, issue 9 was great. Thats what I want out of a Sonic Comic right there. Can't wait for the next one.

Spoiler

I love how they have to rationalize against throwing heroes at NeoMetal, for fear of making him even stronger. We have yet to understand the limits of his copy abilities, and Metal is being established as a true force as a result. Its the most respect someone has thrown in Metal Sonics direction in some time.

1 hour ago, ShadowSJG said:

Someone brought up the possibility of her being formally aligned with Team Jackal, which I think would be neat but unlikely.

If I had to guess, Shadow likely passed over the opportunity to help herself and/or some other resistance fighters/civilians due to his narrow minded focus to complete his goal. I could see her resenting his mindset and devoting herself to helping the little guy vs. Shadows big picture mentality.

either that, or

Spoiler

Shadow is the key to Metal's masterplan and Whisper knows it. Perhaps a mastery over Chaos Control bio-data is the final ingredient? 

7 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

So then Adventures is canon?

6 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

either that, or

Hide contents

Shadow is the key to Metal's masterplan and Whisper knows it. Perhaps a mastery over Chaos Control bio-data is the final ingredient? 

Wasn't enough for him the first time.

Just now, Diogenes said:

Wasn't enough for him the first time.

Spoiler

He wasn't a Super Sayain with the Master Emerald on standby the first time.

We've seen Ian stretch Chaos Control into some ludicrous things - including a full on Genesis wave on multiple occasions. Metal has a Master Emerald as a battery, He could probably detonate Angel Island with a Chaos Blast if he wanted too.

I was subscribing to the idea Whisper was attacked by a Shadow illusion in some way, but since she's a loner, she had no way of knowing that it wasn't the real Shadow...or something.

30 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I actually don't know.

I mean the true ending of Encore has everyone go Super...if it counts. Though Adventures does it's own thing in a similar time frame. Tyson does sorta come up with a reason for both to be canon...sketchy as it is. I don't know.

42 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Something something Classic dimension, and non-Sonic super forms probably aren't canon anyway.

IDW's not canon, but it's still bound to SEGA rules.